Author Topic: Magnetic Powered Generator  (Read 12942 times)

Offline bryanhes

• Eagle Model 10 "For Now"
Magnetic Powered Generator
« on: November 26, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Has anyone seen the Magnetic Powered Generator. Here is a couple links: First is from eBay and the other an inventor in Australia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Free-Energy-Generator-Engine-No-Gas-Diesel-Oil-Fuel_W0QQitemZ230404102273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a5279881
2nd link; FREE ENERGY Home Generator -Zero Point Energy - Off the Grid

Some of you know I am only a few months into my bus adventure. I had seen this a couple of months ago on eBay and thought it was interesting!
Imagine not having to run additional fuel lines and all that entails having a second combustion driven powerplant on-board. I am just thinking out loud and wondering if anyone has seen these in person or have any additional information on this. I for one would love to have a electrical generating system that would not consume fuel or exhaust gasses with little to no maintenance or rebuilds. Well, in our lifetime anyway. 

Lets hear your opinions  ;D
Thanks,

Bryan

Offline boogiethecat

• HeartMagic
Re: Magnetic Powered Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »
Hey if you buy one from that ebay guy ask him to throw in a kitchen sink too so you'll have a good place to pour your used snake oil !!!
1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca

Offline bryanhes

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
boogiethecat,

Not necessarily looking to buy one from the guy on eBay. He does not sell the generator just the brochure to build one. Come on, pay attention and read the info  ::)
Do you have any first hand information or knowledge about this system? Whether it works or not? Have you seen one? I am a very savvy buyer and not a person to be taken by a "Medicine Man" with his snake oil. So I will research before I plan anything.

Thanks for your informative response  :D :D :D

Bryan

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:10:35 PM »
Since the First Law of Thermodynamics has not yet been repealed, such a device can not work.  No amount of mumbo-jumbo can change that.

Save your money.

But that ad shows a great set of... oh, never mind.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Old Scool Bus

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
It appears the Aussie has found perpetual motion if his generator works, which I have no doubt it does. But if it works as he says it does and will sell for only $5,000.00 he will be bought out or snuffed out by the utility companies and the plans will disappear.

Ebay guy I'm sure is a scam

Offline bryanhes

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »
Sean,

Maybe that set was what got my attention  ;D :D ;D. We have all probably seen what opposing magnetic forces do when put in close proximity to each other, they push away. I do not know if there would be enough opposing force to drive a belt to run a generator but thought it looked kind of interesting. More so the video from Australia. According to the statement they would be about 5K.

Like I said I do not know much about these just thought it was interesting. I had no plans of spending any money at this point.

Thanks,
Bryan

P.S. When are you two heading back west? If you pass back through near the Hard Rock in Tulsa drop me a line. I would like to meet and check out your Neoplan. I have followed your blog for several months. Interesting stories  ;D

Offline Sean

• Geek.
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
.. if his generator works, which I have no doubt it does.

Ebay guy I'm sure is a scam

Really.

Please educate me:  why would you have "no doubt" (not even a little one?) that one works, yet be equally certain the other is a scam?  I'd like to know, so I can spot these bona-fide devices that defy the laws of physics early, and maybe get in on the ground floor as an investor.

Bryan:

Believe me, I have a pretty good grasp of opposing magnetic forces.  Magnetism is behind most electric generators* we use today.  However, you can not get something for nothing;  it is an immutable law of physics known as the First Law of Thermodynamics (look it up).  In order for energy to be extracted by having opposing magnets push each other apart, energy must first be expended to push those magnets together.  The First Law says that the amount of energy you will get out is exactly equal to the amount of energy you put in.  Worse, however, is that some energy is lost on both sides due to friction, so in fact there will be a net loss, which is given off as heat (remember, energy can not be destroyed just as it can not be created).

Do not be fooled by the video.  I once saw Darth Vader cut Obi-Wan Kenobi in half with a light saber, aboard a space ship capable of destroying a planet -- on video.  Lots of things that don't (or can't) exist in real life can be shown on a video.  Also, do not be taken in by "news" media; again, I once saw several major network news stations at once report on a little boy floating in a mylar balloon, that could not possibly have supported his weight, as if it was really happening.  It is just as easy to play on people's hopes and dreams as on their fears.

FWIW.

-Sean

* OK, I re-read my post here and realized that some bigger geek than me is likey to point out that there are ways to generate electricity without using magnetism (piezo-electric, photo-voltaic, etc.).   So I changed "every" to "most"; for the purposes of bus conversions, generators are generally electromechanical, which involves magnetism, or photovoltaic. which does not.

Old Scool Bus

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »
Sean, I respect you as a very intelligent man, but do you really think everything has been discovered and that laws of gravity or anything else cannot be re described because some inverter or  scientist thought outside the box and discovered some minute flaw in the original theory or law?

I'm not rushing out and investing but will give the guy the benefit of the doubt and await the arrival of the product on the market where it can be tested.

People selling plans for most anything on ebay are scams with a very few exceptions but I choose to stay clear of all of them.

You can shoot holes in any theory but why not be optimistic?

Offline Sean

• Geek.
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
Sean, I respect you as a very intelligent man, but do you really think everything has been discovered and that laws of gravity or anything else cannot be re described because some inverter or  scientist thought outside the box and discovered some minute flaw in the original theory or law?

No, I do not think that everything has been discovered.  However, in order to disprove a major law of physics such as the First Law of Thermodynamics or the mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2), a great deal of scientific evidence is required.  In the scientific community, we require this work to be published openly, peer-reviewed, and for the results to be replicable by other scientists working from the same design.  None of that has been done here.

I'm not rushing out and investing but will give the guy the benefit of the doubt and await the arrival of the product on the market where it can be tested.

People selling plans for most anything on ebay are scams with a very few exceptions but I choose to stay clear of all of them.

You do know, don't you, that the OZ guy is selling plans for $49?  So far, he has not sold (or built) a single working unit, but he's more than happy to sell plans.  So how is he different from the eBay guy?

BTW, I'm very optimistic.  I believe we will solve the energy problems of the world before it's too late (many scientists do not).  But I do not believe in faeries, ghosts, the supernatural, the paranormal, or perpetual motion.  I am a scientist: show me the calculations.

-Sean

Old Scool Bus

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 11:06:24 PM »
No I did not know he was selling plans  ???  grrrrr

Offline bryanhes

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
Sean,

Watching the video from Australia again the inventor states that it produces 5 times more power thank it consumes. If it will produce 24KW it should only require about 4.8KW to power it.
Here is a link to Lutec which is the one from Australia: http://www.lutec.com.au/index.htm

I do not know how efficiently this works but it does seem to work. There was a group of men that ran there tests on it and stated the efficiency was only I think in the 24% range.

I would think that it could be possible. Most likely very difficult to achieve. But hey there was a time when no one thought we could walk on the moon  :o and laser was something from a Sci-Fi movie. One never knows what developments can be made that most never thought possible. The great thing about us humans is we continue to create and make the impossible possible.  ;D ;D
I think the laws of Physics and Thermodynamics could always have a loop hole. A scientist invented those laws to begin with right?

Now that I am done being optimistic and do not see any on a shelf for sale and in operation I will continue to look at Onan, Kubota and maybe Generac  ;D

Who is selling the plans? I did not see that on the Lutec website. They do list Patents in many countries. I know this does not mean it works  ::)

Bryan

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
Heck - Perpetual Motion and HHO - 2 scams for the price of 1 - such a deal!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 03:25:27 AM »
Heck - Perpetual Motion and HHO - 2 scams for the price of 1 - such a deal!
  ;D  ;D

Some people think fools should be separated from their money.

Stop & think, if any of that crap actually worked, he'd make tons more money by building the units himself & selling power back to the grid.
The fact that he isn't doing that should tell you something.

BTW, if it has tits or wheels, it's gonna cost more than it's worth! This 'un had both ;)
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 05:11:23 AM »
A couple of years ago I spent some time researching Perendev engines such as this because I couldn't (and still can't) work out exactly why they don't work. It's blindingly obvious that they don't, if only because they would have been commonplace for decades if they did (if not centuries - magnetism is is hardly a newly-discovered phenomenon). But why don't they? And I mean a practical explanation in mechanical engineering terms, not the all-too-easy 'it breaks the law of thermodynamics' or other similar catch-alls.

I had a long talk with my Dad about this and ended up breaking all his assumptions on why the device was impossible. His original contention was that the energy produced by two magnets repelling each other was matched by the energy required to bring them together in the first place. This works if the magnets are in the same horizontal plane, but not if one is moving vertically under no influence other than the force of gravity. I think (and I may be wrong) that a magnet rotating in a vertical plane on an already-moving wheel is in a similar position to one falling under gravity. Obviously the wheel has to be set in motion first, but should (?) be self-sustaining after that.

In the end the only conclusion I came to why the things didn't work was practical - specifically that it isn't possible to orientate the magnets such that they repel each other in one position but don't attract each other (even to a small degree) in another. This is unsatisfactory to me as I'm sure there should be a much more obvious 'mechanical' reason why the the machine cannot work (again, leaving out theoretical discussions on how magnets can do work without containing any energy, and so on).

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 05:17:57 AM »
Hi,

About 10 years ago, I baught a set of plans off the internet for 50 bucks.

They were plans to reverse Global Warming! :P

Well guess What... They worked! :D

The planet is now 11 degrees cooler then scientists predicted... ;)

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal