Author Topic: Land line phone  (Read 1921 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: Land line phone
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 09:37:22 AM »
Well you can get there with Google maps, warned of police ar accidents. Remember trying to find a restaurant on a trip, or a fuel station, flat tire repair or breakdown. Despite the other issues, cell phones have helped. Course everyone knows that. And the bill that goes on till you die.
For several years they have been touting 5g. Now that it is available here, they want you to upgrade to a new more costly plan. It never ends...
I am able to share family plan with daughters and we get veteran discount, which helps.

I cannot believe people have cell phones glued to their ears in restaurants they never put those phones down 
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Utahclaimjumper

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 10:41:24 AM »
  Sat in a McDs and saw a young family sit,, mother father two young kids,,,,all with phones..  Meal was served and all were eating and tapping keys on the phones the entire time with out a word of conversation during the whole time... How pathetic the country has become..
 No wonder the young are being indoctrinated and separated from the parents.. A clear case of parental neglect..>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline CrabbyMilton

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 10:47:44 AM »
Yeah I see that all the time. YAK YAK YAK. Then there are the kids when they are with their parents for a night out at a restaurant and the kids are nonstop texting probably to each other. Bad behavior or privacy concerns are pretty much separate issues. When you step back, you can see that the technology is fantastic compared to let's say 50 years ago. That GPS feature on my phone has saved me many fits of blind rage in getting around an unfamiliar area when I was driving around during my last 3 vacations in the rental car. Once I got used to the area no problem but it certainly helps.

Offline freds

• 1980 Prevost Original Motorhome
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2022, 01:49:45 PM »
That GPS feature on my phone has saved me many fits of blind rage in getting around an unfamiliar area when I was driving around during my last 3 vacations in the rental car.

Amen brother!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal