Author Topic: THE ADVENTURES OF RONALD THE INSURANCE GUY  (Read 1177 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

THE ADVENTURES OF RONALD THE INSURANCE GUY
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:54:24 AM »

Another plate of eggs, gravy, biscuits to sop it up, at the road side beanery. A little place called "Modines" tucked into the corner of life.  One of those joints where most people of the McDonalds' Generation just drive on by without a second thought. Every now and then, usually mid week, I meet with my Insurance Rep for breakfast there.

He asked me how things were going and I said, "I am getting tired of these yahoo's dumping stuff on the Interstate.  Hells bells, find a dumpster for cryin' out loud!" Forgetting I often have to "lay it out for Ron" I carefully explained it to him again. 

This morning I spied but another castaway on the freeway Ron.

A white object resting near the go-fast centerline.  Quickly reasoning it was but another dumped piece of furniture in the middle of I-85 which I assumed to be a couch.  I took careful and precise aim at the offending item of Good Modern Living occupying my space.  Boom!

"Uh-huh, gotcha.  Uh, do you see the salt?" 

No audience here I thought to myself.

Ronald looked up and said, "You were saying you hit something, what did you hit?" All the time neglecting to tell him that I took aim on the object like a Mau-Mau fighter pilot, I replied, "I sure did ...  I mowed it down this morning ... Only one snag."

Ronald looked over the top of his glasses and asked: "What was that, what snag?"

"It was a refrigerator."

Have a good weekend.

<><><>

Offline eagle19952

Re: THE ADVENTURES OF RONALD THE INSURANCE GUY
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:52:30 AM »
pfffffft.
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline Oonrahnjay

Re: THE ADVENTURES OF RONALD THE INSURANCE GUY
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10:12 AM »

Ray  asked: "What was that, what snag?"

"It was a refrigerator."
          I was driving on I-485 Interstate circle road near Charlotte NC a couple years ago.  Out of the dark came a bed boxspring right on the white line between the slow lane and the middle lane.  I missed it.  I called 911, the nice, calm lady asked me "Is it a dangerous condition?"  I sed "Lady, it's a boxspring in the road in the dark.  You make the call."  "OK, what's the location?"  "A mile north of NC49, north bound, outside lane".  "OK, thanks"
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal