Author Topic: what qualifies one as a "bus Nut" ?  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Flatspot

Re: what qualifies one as a "bus Nut" ?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 07:54:47 PM »
Willie was a great guy. He had problems with the city and they were on him to clean up the place even as much as to paint it. He had mentioned the trouble he was having to a regular customer and they showed up to help him out with a new exterior coat of paint to the shop.
Bright Purple and Neon Green. Now that is a statement.
Now in my mind that's a nut

Is a serious bus nut one who doesn't laugh?
Zuzax, New Mexico (Exit 178 I-40) 12mi East of Albuquerque

1956 PD4104 6-71T
1988 Eagle 15 CC Conversion
1983 Mack W Utility Bed Service Truck (road assistance in New Mexico)

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 02:38:13 AM »
In our family it is the wife you need to watch she will buy a bus at the drop of a hat sometimes 2 at a time lol she is the nut

good luck

From time to time, I will bring up the issue, another bus and all.  Her eyes kind of glass over, and she starts mumbling something about "which suit she is going to dress me in when they lay me out for the last time" or something like that, usually ending with the statement ... I hate my kitchen

And then we move on to Tom Brokaw and the Nightly-News or some other endeavor.

BCO

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 06:38:19 AM »
Hmmm, sounds like a kitchen remodel could lead to another bus purchase. ;D
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
Jim, I did not buy anything on Sat, I left at about 5 and they were just starting on the other side in the tools.

I did buy several engine parts on Sunday, I bought so much that I got pulled into a check station and they weighted the truck and trailer. They weighted in at 25,946 LBS. I was just under that magic 26,000 lb limit.

Don, I passed you sunday, I was headed back to willies and you were going into town followed buy your wife. figured you were going in to get fuel.

Don
I

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 08:18:26 AM »
I didn't know Willie....never met him.  But I am missing him already.  Thanks, Guys.

"Someone once said, "We tell ourselves stories. We weave together different plot lines, wondering if the outcome of the story might be different were we to have done or said something other than what we had done or said, all the while knowing that the various alternative outcomes are just more stories - fictions meant to distract us from what's actually happening. And so we pause from weaving and commence breathing, gently and non-judgmentally saying hello to what is..."    Someone?  Anyone that penned that the first time definitely has a name like Whitman or Shakespeare or?  Think, Okey, think.  Who was it? ;D

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
I didn't know Willie....never met him.  But I am missing him already.  Thanks, Guys.

"Someone?  Anyone that penned that the first time definitely has a name like Whitman or Shakespeare or?  Think, Okey, think.  Who was it? ;D

John

Lawrence Welk?

BCO

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
You never disappoint.
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »
When you go to Florida from Indiana for winter to find parts for your conversion and meet bus nuts instead of going to beach or sitting out in sun! well can do both.   Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Van

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »
I didn't know Willie....never met him.  But I am missing him already.  Thanks, Guys.

"Someone?  Anyone that penned that the first time definitely has a name like Whitman or Shakespeare or? Think, Okey, think.  Who was it? ;D

John

Lawrence Welk?

BCO

All Aboard!!! Have a nice trip!! ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal