Author Topic: Online Swap meet idea?  (Read 5395 times)

Offline grantgoold

Online Swap meet idea?
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:13:05 AM »
I know in the past we have had discussions regarding selling bus parts online. However, I have not seen anything of late and would propose we start with a swap meet online. This could be limited to parts only (no whole buses) and with a dollar value limit of say $250.00.  We might even consider a small fee once the transaction has been completed to help fund this site. I am not trying to propose something that would compete with the magazine classifieds it just seems like alot of work to "share" a part with a fellow busnut.

I know I have several small parts that someone might be looking for and I hate to just throw it away to keep the wife happy ;D

Your thoughts! ???

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: Online Swap meet idea?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:40 AM »
I believe that is Phil's next project, now that the Chat Room seems to be working properly.
Richard

I know in the past we have had discussions regarding selling bus parts online. However, I have not seen anything of late and would propose we start with a swap meet online. This could be limited to parts only (no whole buses) and with a dollar value limit of say $250.00.  We might even consider a small fee once the transaction has been completed to help fund this site. I am not trying to propose something that would compete with the magazine classifieds it just seems like alot of work to "share" a part with a fellow busnut.

I know I have several small parts that someone might be looking for and I hate to just throw it away to keep the wife happy ;D

Your thoughts! ???

Grant
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

NCbob

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »
I was chatting with MAK in the Bus Garage a few minutes ago and we talked about the room.  It seems that folks just pop in and see no one there and leave. I try and spend some time there every morning and open a second window and read the news, etc. That way I hear them come in and at least offer them a "Good Morning".

MAK has taken a lot of effort to establish the Room and would like to see it used more.  The Swap meet might work or at least inform others that you have somewhing you'd like to swap or...  but that will probably have to be OK'd...probably Dallas and Phil could work on it if it's a viable idea.

In the meanwhile, I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone who might be interested in joining in the Bus Garage to chat.  Would anyone be interested in a get together say...tomorrow, Sunday June 22, 2006
at say...noon EDT ( that would allow folks to attend church or whatever in the morning) for about an hour?

If that works perhaps we could set up the next one for the following Saturday.

See you in the Bus Garage.....

NCbob

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »
Bob, what part of the country are you in? Tomorrow, here in WV, is Friday, not Sunday. LOL
Richard

I was chatting with MAK in the Bus Garage a few minutes ago and we talked about the room.  It seems that folks just pop in and see no one there and leave. I try and spend some time there every morning and open a second window and read the news, etc. That way I hear them come in and at least offer them a "Good Morning".

MAK has taken a lot of effort to establish the Room and would like to see it used more.  The Swap meet might work or at least inform others that you have somewhing you'd like to swap or...  but that will probably have to be OK'd...probably Dallas and Phil could work on it if it's a viable idea.

In the meanwhile, I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone who might be interested in joining in the Bus Garage to chat.  Would anyone be interested in a get together say...tomorrow, Sunday June 22, 2006
at say...noon EDT ( that would allow folks to attend church or whatever in the morning) for about an hour?

If that works perhaps we could set up the next one for the following Saturday.

See you in the Bus Garage.....

NCbob
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:11:26 AM »
Must be a Carolina time thing?  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
Jack,

Not Carolina time, But retiree time.

You can make it any day you want if your retired.

I have heard, but dont kow personally that only the 1st and/or 15th are the only important days to remember ;D

Grant,

Good Idea and I am all for it.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

NCbob

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
OK guys, ya got me! ;)  I spent that last two days over in AL where the temperature was in the high 90's.  It was almost a lost two days...sweating that much made it seem like a whole wekk...at least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :-[

I woke up this morning and it seemed like Saturday...so I made it Saturday.  What d'ya want from an old dog who refuese to die?

NCbob

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
just went by an checked on ncbob's bus,Parts scatered every where. David said he would put all the good parts on "huggy bear"
Just kidding; He was gettin ready to put the jakes on the engine had steam cleaned every thing Then going to put the transmission back togather.

uncle ned
"huggy bear"
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »
I believe that is Phil's next project, now that the Chat Room seems to be working properly.
Richard

Hi all,

That is correct. Now that chat, bbs, and ads are working,  the parts for sale, swap, etc., is the next project.    I think this will be another fun one!!!  The first priority was to get the underlying BBS services running properly, then to add the for sale, swap., etc...

It will not be available immediatley - but it is now officially "under construction".   ;D

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
Thanks for the update. I look forward to having a great and cost effective site for the sale/swap and give away of used parts. I appreciate your efforts to bring us all together and allow some of us on limited bugets to enjoy this insane hobby.

Regards,

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal