Author Topic: seats  (Read 17545 times)

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
seats
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:25:19 PM »
hay guys, I'm thinking about putting the right front (4) stock type seats back in my 4106. Wondering if these have to be special for a 4106
(these would be over the front wheel well) or can I find some nice late model pull-outs from someone doing a conversion.
                               Tucson
we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!

Offline phil4501

Re: seats
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »
I have 1 pair of original seats for passenger seats. They are original seats and people get a kick out of them. I am sure many others would fit, but a small slice of original 4106 as a tribute to the heritage would be very cool in my opinion.

Offline gus

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »
I tried to do this for my 4104 about a year ago and got nowhere. I also wanted to mount the "Modesty Panel" in front of the right front seat but never found a seat. Hope you have better luck.

The seats over the wheels have slightly different mountings (The part that plugs into the wall). The two wall mounts on each of these seats are closer together vertically than the others and the under side of the seats may be slightly different. I think I could make one of the others work but couldn't find any of them either.

I think the 4104 and 4106 use the same seat but sometime around that era the wall/floor mounts were changed to floor only.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:41:50 PM »
ALLRIGHT! Phil That would work out nice sence I'll be out there in a few weeks, What do you supose you would need for'um.
                                                   Tucson

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »
Looky Look!  The original seats from our 4106 clad in leather.  The six seats have seat belts, which allows us to install car seats for the kiddies.  Four seats face each other with the dining table in between.  The seats are one of my favorite parts of the coach.

Mark
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

Offline phil4501

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »
Sorry Tuscon, When I said I had 2 seats, I meant they were mine. Not for sale, I'm sure some one will step up with some. My point was if your going to get seats anyway, don't just scab on some high backs out of brand X. 

Maybe I am twisted because I didn't convert mine from a seated coach, but alot of what I plan to do to improve the interior appearance is going back to original GM  These are magnificant machines of mid century engineering and design. If you need side by side seating for traveling, it would be a shame not to incorporate a little OEM GM. I am sure they can be brought up to your standards of comfort, fit, and finish.

GM Buses are so cool, we should use some of it.  All my favorite parts of my coach are the original GM stuff just like one lapper. Pulling up the carpet and finding the original linoleum, or a piece of aluminum or stainless trim is like finding treasure,

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 07:21:05 PM »
oh well, got a little excited there i'll be looking for some.
                    Tucson

Offline phil4501

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gmc-busnuts/messages On this board is a guy with 4107 seats for sale, I don't know if they are the same. Jack Roberts is his name posted at 6:36pm

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »
Greg.........Jack Roberts from the GMC Busnut Board has 4 seats out of a 4107/4108 for sale,he's selling them cheap................Frank

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »
Frank, if you would be so kind to ask him to drop me a line on my e-mail I would be in your debt. I can't even get on that board. tried for about two weeks once, fainly got on and the first thing I got was a snotty letter from the mod. telling me what they were going to do if I spamed them. Then two wks later and my posts were still not approved, All this after giving them everything but a chest x-ray to sign up. I'm done with them bro. any help would be appreciated.
                                           Greg

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 06:58:40 AM »
I too had a very nasty experience on the BNO.  One day, I inadvertantly mentioned that I used my bus to haul around a "Gospel" group.  Nothing else, just the word "Gospel". :o  You'd thought I shot JFK they way folks started blasting away at me.  Then, the moderator confused me with some other poster who made some "offensive" remarks and sent me a threatening email.  Don't get me wrong, there were some good folks on there, but also so real good 'uns. 

Needless to say, I don't need that kind of harrassment, so I told them all to have a Coke and a smile. That's when I found ya'll!!! ;)

Jimmy
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 07:50:38 AM »
Ok my friend,I have E-mailed Jack,and told him that you needed some seats,and gave him your Email address,best of luck.........Frank

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 08:18:07 AM »
Was that really on the BNO board or one of the Yahoo boards that gave you the hard time? Please let us know if you start getting harassment here. We do not want that to happen, and welcome aboard.
Richard

P.S. When you want to use one of the functions such as size, you must highlight the text and then select the function. See my Help, Tips and Tricks at the top of the board.

I too had a very nasty experience on the BNO.  One day, I inadvertantly mentioned that I used my bus to haul around a "Gospel" group.  Nothing else, just the word "Gospel". :o  You'd thought I shot JFK they way folks started blasting away at me.  Then, the moderator confused me with some other poster who made some "offensive" remarks and sent me a threatening email.  Don't get me wrong, there were some good folks on there, but also so real good 'uns. 

Needless to say, I don't need that kind of harrassment, so I told them all to have a Coke and a smile. That's when I found ya'll!!! ;)

Jimmy

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05:56 AM »
opps!   That was Yahoo!   didn't realize Frank was talking about BNO. When he said GMC I assumed Yahoo group. Sorry for the missed placed Bad mouthing.

Tucson
    REread Franks mail, the link he gave me was to Yahoo

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 09:09:55 AM »
Thanks, BTW, Frank

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal