Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4428 times)

VanTare

« on: November 02, 2008, 07:02:16 AM »
I hope you fellows do not mind a guy hanging out here that did not build his own conversion,I been lurking around for a year and find this board very helpful even with a factory conversion.                   

thank you David

Offline edvanland

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »
David;
Welcome to this crazy world of bus nuts.  I bought my MCI 7 already converted and have learned a lot on this board.  Have also received a lot of help.
Ed
MCI 7
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »
Hi David,

Welcome!

This room is plenty big enough for all..  We also have many members with factory conversions. Please don't feel like an outsider!

I'm glad you knocked
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline mccarlk

• 1967 mci 5 8v71 auto
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
welcome, i bought mine in need of a engine, and some updating, these guys are great for info and laughs, ken mci5a
treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
Yada, yada, yada. Welcome aboard! They even allow me here and I don't even have a converted bus or belong here! But they are such a caring bunch, they take pity on me and allow me to hang out! So how about more info on what ya got? Pictures, got any pictures? We all like pictures! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »
Welcome to the 'Funhouse'. Grab a beer, kick your shoes off, and tell us about your bus, we're all ears. ;D And pictures are always cool 8) BK especially likes pictures, he stumbles alot with words hehe  ;D ;D

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »
welcome to the group.  i bought my bus done but needing a few items.  i find i can wear out my frustrations tightening things up like today torquing the nuts down to 300 in/lbs all around.  since i'm (obviously) not a mechanic, this is sort of fun, and lots of help from the real busnuts.

pp, you weren't supposed to pick on BK like that " BK especially likes pictures, he stumbles alot with words".  and let people know about his reading.  you should have just shortened your post like this " BK especially likes pictures, he stumbles alot."   :D :D
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline steve5B

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »

Welcome , like everyone Else says to the crazy world of us BUS NUTS.  A great bunch of guys !

Steve 5B.............
WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"

Offline fraser8

• Fraser
  • 1972 Prevost
    • Old Ambulance
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 06:56:03 PM »
Welcome, I bought my coach completed, to the P/O style, I've done many changes to make it ours. You'll do the same, it's the many hours of modifications that make the difference. I've done a few ground up car restorations and didn't have the desire to start such a big project, I really admire the ones that do their own conversions. They have a great talent and are an inspiration.
Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »
Welcome VanTare!

Is it nice to have a keyboard and internet to learn and share about anything!

There are many lookers click that on this MAK board are without a bus or conversion or motorhome.

You have just started the first step.

Hope we can help you anyway we can to get you into a conversion of your choice.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

cody

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
Rumor has it that they are very close to a cure, at least I hear that some of the new meds do seem to help. lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal