Author Topic: To my secret family.  (Read 10764 times)

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
To my secret family.
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »
I say you are my secret family because although I have written a bit on here, I usually just lurk every day and  keep tabs on all you crazy people. (.....like I have any room to talk ;D)

I would like to share this with you.

On Halloween night at 7:15, my wife and daughter were involved in a head-on collision. My wife was going 55mph and the other car was doing about 35mph. (he grazed a few cars before hitting my wife and child, and that slowed him down) He was in my wife's lane.

The other car was driven by a man with open alcohol containers in the car.... I have yet to learn of his condition officially but I suspect he was drunk by the way he was driving. I will know soon enough. He was fine.

As you can imagine, both cars were totaled.

You are probably wondering about my wife and girl and this is what I want to share. My wife and girl walked away from this accident without a single place on either one of them that you justify putting a band-aid on. Not a single scratch that drew blood. Sure, the airbag knocked her for a loop and the seat belts bruised her chest and hip a little and my wife got a bruise on her elbow and the hospital took all weekend deciding they were fine.......but instead of planning their funerals I am hugging their necks.

If you came to me with the "top ten most convincing arguments that God does not exist" ...........I will show you two reasons why I think he does.

My wife and child.

Alive and well.

Rejoice with me,
Even if I have never met you, I will hug your neck and lift your spirits with the joy in my heart. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Chaz Kempter and family.
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
Re: To my secret family.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »
So happpy for you Chazwood  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You have brightened my day considerably. Now I'm wondering if I should go back to my last post and delete it. ???

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:06:38 PM »
Hey PP,

I just hugged your neck. ;D. (btw, I took no offense so don't start feeling bad)
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »
Chaz so happy for you and your family! It is so often that when we hear of these things the out come is not so good for the "innocent"! Give them an extra big hug from me will ya? Have a great day! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
That's why one of my favorite comments is "What a wonderful God we have".  You are truly blessed!
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
Thankyou Chazwood and family.  Hugs right back at'cha.

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:05 PM »
great story, great ending!!!  hugs to all of you and congrats on your rejoicing.  thanks for sharing the good times.

hallalujah!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline Stormcloud

• FMCA#407220
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »
We are truly glad that your family is OK. Too often we hear the sad results of such a collision.

All the best from Donna and me.

Mark

Mark Morgan  
1972 MCI-7 'Papabus'
8v71N MT654 Automatic
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada in summer
somewhere near Yuma, Arizona in winter(but not 2020)

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
Glad things are well my Friend!
Jack
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline Green-Hornet

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »
Glad the family is OK. That had the potential to be horrific. I hate driving on holidays, way too many drunks out there. Give them a hug and tell them you love them every chance you get....they are gifts.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:41 PM »
Chaz,

From the deepest part of our heart, both Hyeyong and I are glad that your family is alright this night.

Bill & Hyeyong
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Dreamscape

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 06:16:04 PM »
Wow, what a terrible thing to happen but with a great ending. Glad everyone is OK!

I also hate driving during this crazy time of year, lots of party people on the road that shouldn't be. >:(

Hugs to everyone from Becky and Paul.

Offline CAROLINABOY

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »
what a awesome  GOD we serve
servant for JESUS CHRIST

Offline Nusa

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
You're a lucky man!

Yay for seatbelts and airbags too! Nice to hear that they work.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:40:26 PM »
That sort of news will surely stress your soul!  Great to hear all is well!     
As Nusa sez, airbags and seatbelts are modern marvels!   
BTW, Chazwood, you take in a couple bus rallys and there won't be any secrets!  I'll guaruntee!  ;)
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline fraser8

• Fraser
  • 1972 Prevost
    • Old Ambulance
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »
Take the time to rejoice Chaz, a terrible situation like this brings out the love in all of us and a deeper appreciation of those who mean the most to us. A group hug from my family to yours...
Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic

Offline oldmansax

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 04:10:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing the story. As others have already said, it is good to hear of a non-tragic end to such a bad situation. God is indeed wonderful and merciful.

Blessings on you & yours!

TOM
1995 Wanderlodge WB40 current
1985 Wanderlodge PT36
1990 Holiday Rambler
1982 Wanderlodge PT40
1972 MCI MC7

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »
Chaz,

You are very blessed to have them still with you!!! That is great that they were wearing seat belts!!! Seat belts save many lives (your family is another testimony to that!!!). So glad that they are all right.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline WEC4104

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 05:50:46 AM »
Chaz - So glad to hear your family is safe. Life is so precious and can be taken so quickly.  It is in these moments that we realize what truely is important to us.

My extended family had a close call last week as well.  Last weekend my brother (age 52) was driving to work at 6:30 am. He was on the PA turnpike, in a car that I sold to him about 2 months ago.  The sun was just starting to come up, and there were some light patches of fog.  As he is driving, he sees something bouncing on the road in his lane up ahead. He couldn't tell what it was, but said it kinda looked like an empty plastic milk jug.  He changed lanes to avoid it, but it bounced over into that lane.  He hit the object at 65+mph and heard a solid "thunk".

He says the car continued to drive fine, with the exception of an error message on the dash saying he had a headlight out.  When he got to work, he walked around to the front of the car to see what damage there might be.  He could not believe what he saw! There was a 20 pound chunk of concrete wedge into the front grill!  (see photo below)   How it got on the road, he has no idea.  He doesn't recall seeing a truck ahead of him, or going underneath an overpass.

Other than the headlight, the car is 100% driveable.  No coolant leak, no oil leak, no fan noises or any other problems.

He is fortunate that the chunk did not bounce higher. He is fortunate he was not driving his Alfa Romeo. He is fortunate the air bag did not go off while he was doing 65mph.  etc. etc. etc.

To all secret family out there...  be safe folks!

Wayne

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline dpinson90

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:13 AM »
YOUR MESSAGE ABOUT THE FAMILY AND THEIR SURVIVAL WAS TREMENDOUS!!!!!!!!   FOR ANYONE WHO HAS DOUBTED THE EXISTENCE OF YOUR GOD.......THEN LET THEM READ YOUR STORY......THANK YOU FOR REARRANGING MY FAITH........ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT A MISSIONARY SENT TO HELP FURTHER THE WORD OF GOD?

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »
What a wonderful report of you & your family experiences.

It was shocking to read the first line about what happen but thanks goodness it turn out with many blessing from the Good Lord. Praise the Lord!

Thanks goodness for the build-in safety feature in our cars & vans. It's safety equips cars & vans protection out numbers the disadvantage.

Only you Chazwood and family can experience that blessing and hugging.

Thanks so much for sharing your secret with us.

Gerald & Lynette
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »
It is wonderful that tragedy was avoided.  As everything else, the outcome was in Divine hands.  On a more earthly level though, since God works through the laws of physics and other sciences that He created, as well as through human beings, you should also give an atta-boy to Ralph Nader.  Before he published Unsafe At Any Speed in 1965, we pretty much blindly accepted that cars were supposed to be rolling death traps.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »
Tis a good day when you get to share this kind of news.

Did you take pictures? Wouldn't want the kids to forget what can happen as a result of bad choices. . . . . Airbags & seat belts only work if they are used properly.

Interesting thing about the safety features on today's cars - in 1955 Ford offered seat belts & a collapsible steering wheel. That car didn't sell well at all because everyone wanted the Chevy that had looks (but not the safety features). Seems vanity was a powerful motivator then too.  ;)
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
Hi Chaz,

We are so glad your post ended up so happy!  ;)

When i read that your wife and daughter were fine, I said to myself, that could be any of us... Thank God they are OK!

What kind of vehicle were they driving?

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline ilyafish

• I am Alpha and Omega
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
so amazing to think that despite everything going on in the world, our God still steps into our lives every single day and reveals Himself :-)
Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09:32 PM »
To my not-so-secret family.

You have proved to me that total strangers who are linked together through nothing but a keyboard can care. .....Can feel........ And can share in my wonder and amazement that my wife and child are OK.

When I feel like this world has gone a little crazy and that everyone looks out for only themselves I will think of you.

If I am suppose to spread my amazement at how I feel God protected my Wife and child I will gladly do so, but I feel if there was any reaching out in care and love and being missionaries......It was you all to me.

Thank you

No really

Chaz and family.

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
She was driving a Toyota Previa. I think I'll have it crushed into a small cube and make a coffee table out of it. Just so I can keep it around ;D

We bought it new and have always loved it .....now I really love it. ;D
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
I went to see the car today but it was locked up in the yard until the insurance adjuster could do his thing. Man  :o..... I've seen worse, but let me tell you, that car is toast.

I will try to post pictures when they release it to me.
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »
To the moderators, I know this is off topic so feel free to move if you want. I appreciate your patience but feel free to bounce if you want. Thanks. ;D
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline rwc

• No longer will be Now AM
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »
Chaz Thanks for the story. It confirms my strong belief that God does indeed continue to perform miracles on a daily basis but most of us are not attentive enough to see them or recognize them when we do.  So gald that they are all right and we protected by the hand of God that day. Rod

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
Thank you for sharing the story.  Hug your family for us too.  And praise God!

Offline edroelle

• 1998 Royale Prevost
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 05:35:59 AM »
You are blessed, thank God.

We do get wrapped-up in our daily activities.   In the big picture, most of what we do, is trivial.   To share this, makes me reflect on how blessed and fortunate we really are.

Thank you.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 05:59:34 AM »
You guys restore my faith in the human race.

As one would expect, after spending the first 48 hours acting like superwoman hovering over my daughter, as soon as my wife got home and relaxed......boom.....she fell out. I was expecting this and so we kept her very rested and relaxed for three days.

Just this morning she bounced out of bed and took off....when I asked her where she was going she said "I'm sick of laying around in bed"

God is good  ;D
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline Freedom Rider

• Freedom Rider
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »
So glad to hear the good news. May God continue to bless you and your household.
Freedom Rider

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal