Author Topic: Need help with bus  (Read 2206 times)

Offline heintzbus

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Need help with bus
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »
       I cannot find the Voltage Regulator on my1981 MCI9. I see F1 going to rear junction box terminal 48 and 49 then going to front of bus. Is mine missing or is it in a front compartment?

Offline Beatenbo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 275
  • 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
Re: Need help with bus
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:02:01 PM »
I have owned 5 MCIs and every one I had including my 1980 MC-9 was in the back baggage bin right side on bulkhead. Unless a previous owner hid somewhere. Check rear engine compartment left rear and see if moved close to that junction box. Good luck. Charlie B.

Offline Busted Knuckle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6447
  • 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Need help with bus
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:05:21 PM »
I've always found them in the right rear bay also! BK
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline mak

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
  • Southern California location
Re: Need help with bus
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:14:20 PM »
Yes, MCI  9 bus regualtor in last bay blukhead wall passenger side behing a metal protective box. If your just setting the volage, you can do so without re-moving the box, just place a very small sloted screwdriver in the hole and turn a little. If the regulatory is not working. you can just replace the circut board for around $75 and 4 screws. easy to do.
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)