Author Topic: Best place to buy a Pressure Pro system  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
Best place to buy a Pressure Pro system
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
Ok, I'm convinced.  .  .it's time to buy a Pressure Pro system BEFORE we blow a tire on the toad!  ;)

Is it so that every single person sells the system for the exact same price?  I seems that the couple of places I found online had the exact same pricing, $690 for a 10 tire, $790 for the 12 tire. 

Since, until BigBus is done, we only need the 10 tire, am I right in that they both use the exact same monitor?  If so, we could buy the 10 tire and then add the extra two sensors later.  That way, we're not letting batteries run down just storing the sensors. 

Any advice or suggestions?  Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Best place to buy a Pressure Pro system
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:53:59 PM »
Hello Christy,

This is what information Jack Conrad gave my earlier this week!
Hope it helps you.
Nick-

Nick,
   I use the Doran PressurePro. The transmitters screw onto the valve stem. Yes, they are out in the weather, could be stolen (unless you buy the little anti-theft fittings for them) and could leak, but I can switch the transmitters between our Grand Cherokee and the trailer we haul our golf cart on. So far, we have never had a problem with the transmitters leaking.The dash monitor attaches with velcro and uses a cigarette lighter adapter for the power supply. I can select bus only, bus and toad, or toad only. This way the monitor can be easily moved into the toad and set for toad only for those long day trips.  This system sets off an alarm if pressure drops by 12.5% and you can scroll through all your tires getting a digital readout of the exact pressure in each tire.
  I purchased mine from Jim Shepard www.rvsafetysystems.com.  I think about $800 if I remember correctly. This was for the monitor and 12 transmitters. Although this is kinda expensive, it is the only way to monitor tire pressures while driving. A friend has the Smart Tire system on his bus. He had to have tires demounted to install the sensors and the dash monitor has a smaller screen.  Checking pressures before departing is great, but does not help if you run over a nail. The collateral damage from a blowout will usually cost as much if not more than the cost of a TP monitoring system.  Let me know if you need more information.  Jack
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Catskinner!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:28:42 PM »
C hristy

Call Jim Shepherd @ RV Safetyman.

888-349-0704

Jim's a super nice guy and also a busnut, I

bought mine from him while we were in

Arcadia.

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Tx

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »
Hello Christy

First I would like to thank the above folks for the nice words.

I don't think you will find anyone cutting prices, primarily because there is not much margin in the product. 

Next, you are correct, you can add sensors as your needs change.  The RV system can handle up to 16 sensors and the truck version can handle up to 34 sensors!

As Jack Conrad noted, one of the neat features of the Doran system is that you can switch sensors to different toads.  As long as you keep the sensors in the same position you only have to put the sensors on.  The system will adjust for the different pressures of each toad automatically.  I tow an old Jeep Commando sometimes and with its over sized-tires, I run about 24 PSI.  With the Durango, I run about 36 PSI.  No calibration needed for the change.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline DebDav

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 05:41:16 AM »
 ;D  Jim,

You are supposed to be on vacation!  Check the boards after you get home.  The business will be there!

David

Offline Christyhicks

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 08:57:03 AM »
Ordered a Pressure Pro system from Jim.   We will install it before we head out on our next trip for more peace of mind. . . there are plenty of other things we can worry about, ha ha.   :D  Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:06:13 PM »
Hi Christy.

Thanks for the order. 

This morning I decided to tackle one of my to-do projects:  modify the shipping on our E-store to reflect free shipping on any order over $250.  As I was working on the E-store software, it told me that I could not change one of the options because of an in-process order.  I was hoping it was not one of my bus friends. 

As it turns out, you got the free shipping option.  I would have called you to rebate the shipping cost, but the timing worked out great.

David, yes we are on vacation, but I have found that that is a good time to catch up on a few projects.  With the Datastorm, I can be on line most of the time and don't have to go search out some sort of web connection.  I am an early riser, and can get a lot done before the rest of the family starts stirring.

Don't fear, we are really enjoying ourselves.  We are in a great campground on the Grand Lake side of Rocky Mountain National Park.  At one time or another, our three daughters and their families were/are here (including all eight grandkids :)).  This way, I have the best of both worlds.  Even got to show the kids/grandkids that the old man could kick their tails on the go cart track ;)
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline Christyhicks

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »
Well, I wouldn't have minded waiting till you got back home to process that order, but I do want to thank you for  your promptness and the free shipping.  I noticed that immediately and thought to myself "all the more reason to buy from a fellow busnut!"  I really appreciate that!  I'll let you know the first time it saves us from trouble on the road. . . much to the disappointment  ;) of our fans, ha ha. 

Chrsity Hicks

P.S.  Don't worry guys, I'm sure there will be plenty of weird crap happening to us each time we head out on a trip. . . we always refer to those as "adventures" anyway,  :D

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »
Hey Jim,
What campground you at?  I'm going to be at a National Forest campground there from the 5th to the 10th.  Looking forward to some R&R time!

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »
Hi Brian.  We just can't seem to get together!

We were at the Winding River Resort just north of Grand Lake on 34.  We returned home yesterday and today I am in Madison for some consulting work. 

We leave on Fri. for some camping around Dillon with our daughter and her family and then head out to Oregon for an Eagle Rally and BusN USA.

Where will you be?
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:18:49 AM »
We're gonna be staying at the Green Ridge National Forest campground.  We are hoping to take the jeep and do some offroading in the area.  We also plan to explore as much of Rocky Mountain National Park as we possibly can.  We are going to have our 5 year old nephew along this year.  This will limit the length of the hikes we can take, but we will still get off the beaten path as much as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal