Author Topic: New to the Board - Searching for 1rst Bus  (Read 22349 times)

cody

Re: New to the Board - Searching for 1rst Bus
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
They sure seem to be proud of their buses.

Offline PDXGREENBUS

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
There is a 1990 Country Coach Preovst here in Lakeland FL for sale for under $50,000.
Jack

Is this it?

http://www.rvee.com/viewfull.asp?ID=2621539&FromSearch=No

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
PDX,

I wanted to clarify something that RJ said. If you get a C (I'm not positive that the C's are truss, but I do know that a DL3 is truss) or later, it will have a truss design. Meaning, the skin is not essential to the frame of the bus. I could go out to our DL3, and remove the skin, then drive it for as long as I want (but that is entirely out of the question with our brand new paint job ;D ;D ;D).

Otherwise, RJ's post was right on. I hope he types quickly!!! ;) If he doesn't I could see a lot of hard spent typing. ;D ;D Good work RJ, and thanks for the info!!!

Make sure that you tell us what bus you purchase...when you do. ;D

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline PDXGREENBUS

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
PDX,

I wanted to clarify something that RJ said. If you get a C (I'm not positive that the C's are truss, but I do know that a DL3 is truss) or later, it will have a truss design. Meaning, the skin is not essential to the frame of the bus. I could go out to our DL3, and remove the skin, then drive it for as long as I want (but that is entirely out of the question with our brand new paint job ;D ;D ;D).

Otherwise, RJ's post was right on. I hope he types quickly!!! ;) If he doesn't I could see a lot of hard spent typing. ;D ;D Good work RJ, and thanks for the info!!!

Make sure that you tell us what bus you purchase...when you do. ;D

God bless,

John

thanks for the clarification John.  I am going to make sure that I get plenty of input from you guys prior to pulling the trigger.  I dont want to make any unnecessary mistakes if at all possible.

Offline JimC

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 07:15:45 PM »
PDX,
I don't know what you schedule looks like after Christmas, but if you have some free time you may want to hop into a plane and fly to Tampa, rent a car and show up at Jack Conrads shindig.
There should be about 150 or more conversions and most people are more than happy to show them off.

My wife and I flew down there in '04 just to get ideas because we were planning to do one from a shell, and we ended up buying a bus.
Jim
4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison

Offline PDXGREENBUS

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
PDX,
I don't know what you schedule looks like after Christmas, but if you have some free time you may want to hop into a plane and fly to Tampa, rent a car and show up at Jack Conrads shindig.
There should be about 150 or more conversions and most people are more than happy to show them off.

My wife and I flew down there in '04 just to get ideas because we were planning to do one from a shell, and we ended up buying a bus.
Jim

That is not a half bad idea at all you have there.  Do you have any more details on the event?

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »

That is not a half bad idea at all you have there.  Do you have any more details on the event?

PDX -

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/11/24541.html?1226410453

or

Search this bbs for "Bussin' 2009 Starts Today"

FWIW & HTH. . .

:)

PS: Just checked Southwest - they've got a RT from PDX > Tampa for $640, RT PDX > MCO (Orlando) for $750.  Using Yahoo Fare Chaser, I found $688 RT PDX > MCO or $581 RT PDX > TPA  Flights checked for 12/27 > 01/04 travel dates (Sat stay-over)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline RJ

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »

I wanted to clarify something that RJ said. If you get a C (I'm not positive that the C's are truss, but I do know that a DL3 is truss) or later, it will have a truss design. Meaning, the skin is not essential to the frame of the bus. I could go out to our DL3, and remove the skin, then drive it for as long as I want

Otherwise, RJ's post was right on. I hope he types quickly!!!  If he doesn't I could see a lot of hard spent typing. Good work RJ, and thanks for the info!!!

John -

I type about 60 wpm, give or take a little.  That little ditty took me about 15 - 20 minutes to bang out in WordPerfect, then it was cut 'n pasted to the board.  And thank you for your kind words, they're appreciated.

I'm not sure either when MCI changed over to the truss design, whether it was with the "C" or "D" models.  A quick phone call to MCI Tech Support could get that question answered.

(PDX - MCI makes the "D" model in two versions, 40 and 45 foot.  The "L" in the model designates the longer version.)

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)

Cheney WA (when home)

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:30 AM »
RJ,

Good point about the forty v forty-five foot D's. Thanks for the clarification. I think that if one was to go with a forty foot D, it would be better to go with a C, since they are generally cheaper.

I type a little slower than you do. I'm at fifty wpm, now. Practice makes perfect ;D.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

cody

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 06:35:40 AM »
As far as typing goes, I can hit a solid 30MPM (mistakes per minute) and thats with one finger tied behind my back lol, Jacks rally is an excellent idea, you'll find conversions of every kind of bus from old to new, eagles, mci's, prevo, flx's and every other kind that was ever made.  Lots of tire kicking and friendly people that'll show you around their buses, any questions are not only answered but the proof will be right in front of you, lots of ideas about layouts, floorplans, colors, graphics, etc, buses in all stages of semi completion. People will be more than happy to aswer questions and lie about their fuel mileage lol.

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »
PDX; never rule out the BlueBird Express (40 or 45 ft) it is a great bus not hard to work on parts are cheap  a very reliable bus with baggage bays has  a modern powertrain plus they look great and they all American made in Georgia.Check the guy at Northwest Bus sales he has them from time to time.  www.nwbus.com   have a great day

Offline PDXGREENBUS

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »
Here is one i found in NY this morning. 

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/rvs/931112510.html 

Offline RJ

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
PDX -

Hard to tell from the small photo, but by the rear cap design on that NY Eagle, it looks like it might have been one that belonged to NJ Transit.  Call the owner and find out.  If so, then call Luke at US Coach in NJ and ask him about what made the NJT Eagles different than the standard bird of the same era.  I can't remember what they did differently, but I know it was significant, some of which bled over into subsequent production.  Luke's number is 1-888-262-2434, regular business hours M-F.

If something in 35-foot would work for you, take a look at this, then pm me for more info, as I recently took a look at it myself:

http://www.rv-coach.com/current_category.53/Classified.32901/classified_detail.html

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)
Cheney WA (when home)

Songman

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
Here is one i found in NY this morning. 

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/rvs/931112510.html 

I posted bigger pictures of this one on the Eagle forum. It is not mine but I got the owner to send me bigger pictures to post in his ad there. It looks like a nice bus. This is the same model I have.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75

PDX,

God bless,

John

You can do that with an Eagle too! And I can prove it!  ;D

luvrbus

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »
PDX,and RJ that is a NJ AE 20 they are built with cor-ten steel (no  rust issues)have a level floor from front to back, stainless siding and pantograph doors on the bays with other features a great bus it 40Lx8W.Like Dale said he has more photos on the Eagle web with more interior shots    good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal