Author Topic: Who is in The Northwest?  (Read 12527 times)

Offline PDXGREENBUS

Who is in The Northwest?
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:39:52 AM »
I am wondering who is on here that is in the pacifc nortwest?  It would be great to meet some fellow bus enthuiasts in the area!

Songman

Re: Who is in The Northwest?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »
We don't live up there but we just came through there last week. We were up in Seattle for a trade show. There are quite a few bus nuts up that way. I know some up around Seattle.  We stopped and met JohnEd in Eugene on the way home. There are others who I am sure will chime in when the log on and see the post.

Offline Don4107

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
About 25 miles South of Spokane. PD4107 in the works.  Converted 1968 GMC ex WSU bus for 10 plus years. 

There was a gathering of Canadian Busnuts about ten miles from us but I didn't hear about it until after it was over.

There is a gathering in NW Oregon each year.  Went a couple years ago.  Nice group.

http://www.busnusa.com/

Don 4107
Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter

Offline HB of CJ

Just Outside Of Grants Pass
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »
I'm outside Grants Pass, but I did a very foolish thing and sold my '74 Crown Super Coach Bus Conversion in progress, sosssss now I'm busless.

But...like all fun wholesome infectious diseases for which there is no known cure, I got the bug again and am looking for another Crown.  HB of CJ :) :) :)

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
HB,

Strange that it does not make a difference whether one is buying or selling a bus; one feels foolish either way.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Lee Bradley

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
I am in Kingston, WA; NW of Seattle and across Puget Sound.
I am converting a 1991 Neoplan Cityliner.
You are just north of one of the big annual bus events at the Polk County Fairgrounds.

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
The 2009 Bus'n Usa rally will be June 24th-29th at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall Ore.  Good place to see a lot of buses.  We spend our summers just east of Seattle, (working >:( ) and the rest of the year in Yuma playing ;D
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline silverbusman

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
hi,
 i,m in vancouver island-have mci8, lots of bus guys in southern b.c. lots are in the b.c busnuts, and i,m guessing ther is more besides us.
silverbusman

Songman

Re: Just Outside Of Grants Pass
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
I'm outside Grants Pass, but I did a very foolish thing and sold my '74 Crown Super Coach Bus Conversion in progress, sosssss now I'm busless.

But...like all fun wholesome infectious diseases for which there is no known cure, I got the bug again and am looking for another Crown.  HB of CJ :) :) :)

HB,

I wish we had remembered that! We had lunch at the Corvette Bar and Grill in Grant's Pass last week. Maybe you coulda come over and talked about your old Bakersfield days with us.

Offline Doug1968

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
Hi,

I am located in Vancouver, WA. and I purchased a MCI 102 about two months ago to convert. I am currently in the planning phase and will get started on the bus in late spring.

I have had the bus out every weekend and plan on driving it periodically through the winter. I would be interested in meeting anyone in the Northwest who either has a bus or is working on a bus.

I am originally from the Mojave Desert and I would also like to meet Clifford and some of the others from that area.

Doug
1986 MCI 102A3 - 8V92 - 5 speed
Vancouver, Washington

Offline PDXGREENBUS

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
Hi,

I am located in Vancouver, WA. and I purchased a MCI 102 about two months ago to convert. I am currently in the planning phase and will get started on the bus in late spring.

I have had the bus out every weekend and plan on driving it periodically through the winter. I would be interested in meeting anyone in the Northwest who either has a bus or is working on a bus.

I am originally from the Mojave Desert and I would also like to meet Clifford and some of the others from that area.

Doug

doug,

sounds like we are practically neighbors.  I live down along the river in downtown portland.  If you are up for a visitor at anytime let me know .  Would love to have a look at what you are thinking about.

bryan

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
Doug,

Convince him on a MCI 102... ;D ;D ;D LOL

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »
I used to live in Salem, my folks still do. I visit them when I come up to work at the home office in Vancouver WA. Actually I work with Doug1968 when I go up there. Would be good to meet you and swap lies next time I'm up. ;)

Good Luck on your bus hunt, it'll be a fun search.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline bobsw

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
We live in Arlington WA about 8 months of the year. The rest of the time we live in the bus most of the Time in Quartsite AZ. We have a MCI-7
73 MCI-7

Offline HB of CJ

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
Songman....wish I had known you were in GP OR. Live about 35 minutes south.  Been to the "Vette Grill" in the past.  We could have swapped lies.   How is Merle doing?  HB of CJ :) :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal