Author Topic: Historical File On Tips  (Read 63857 times)

orogle

Re: question for anyone with paypal info
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »
I was just checking my email and have a notice from paypal sayiny someone in Ca has ordered something from sony for $390 and say if I want to dispute it it sends me to the next page which requests all of my info and recomend I use my bank debit card so they want all of the info on that plus my atm pin # then asks for the last 6 numbers of my ss # which if they know where you are from it is not hard to figure out the first 3 numbers this whole thing sounds fishy to me and I figure that there are people a lot smarter about this stuff on here than me,I have had my paypal account for a few years but yesterday was the first time I used it to buy 2 fantastic vents from the guy who lists lots of fans on ebay our transaction was done over the phone,I checked my bank account the money for the fans was on there but not the 390,is this some type of scam?what do I do about this or who do I contact,I am sure that some of you guys know how this stuff works where I am lost about this stuff please any help thanks Mike

wow

lashing red lights all over the place.............

what a scam.  Hope no one falls for this type of stuff

on the bright side........ I did buy an item using paypal and the shipper didn't sent it and went out of business.
paypal refunded my money in about two weeks after investigating the problem.
always login to the official pay pal site..... do not under any circumstances ans questions in emails.

good luck
orogle

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: Don't forget the "help" button at the top of the page!
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2006, 11:36:33 AM »
Right next to the "home" button is the"help" button. Lots of good general usage information - basically a how to get started, etc.

Hope this helps, Phil

I added that at the top of Posting to the Boards. Thanks
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Modifying Messages
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2006, 06:21:14 PM »
Nick, Phil,

I just noticed a problem with the BBS that though minor, actually affects the long term use of a topic search,

I posted a response to a topic and then later the person who I responded too changed there question.

In other words my response became mute when they rewrote there question. >:(  And it sort of made ME look silly..
Anyway to limit changes to 24 hours after posting or less? ???

What ya think!
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline NJT5047

Re: Modifying Messages
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »
I change my messages often...but the thread isn't altered.   just trying to fix  stupid stuff.  To edit is to be.   I love the edit feature.   May be that a time limit on the edit feature would be in order? 
The page shows posts that have been modified, and when they were modified.   
Just a few more of these posts and I'll become a "adolescent member"....that would be cool.  I'm generally considered a geezer member for everything else.   :-\
Best,  JR 8)
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Modifying Messages
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »
Floridacracker,

You can also go back and change or delete your responce.

If you see this again, let me know and I can also delete the whole topic!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Calendar usage, birthdays and your profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2006, 07:36:16 AM »

When filling out your profile information, if you do NOT want your age showing up in the calendar (due soon), do not fill in the year of your birth.  That way, just your birthday will show on the group's calendar.  If you do NOT want your birthday showing up, then don't fill out your birthdate information in your profile.  But then, how will we know when to send you all the cool bus toys!!

::)  ::)  ::)

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Ace

Re: Calendar usage, birthdays and your profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 02:03:53 PM »
Great idea but frankly speaking... I think it should be mandatory to use a real name in the profile! It would sure eliminate a lot of flaming because then those that DO say things can't just hide behind thier pc if you know what I mean!  ;D

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2006, 05:44:22 AM »
Greetings Ace,

I appreciate the feedback.  And yes, I DO know what you mean.   :)

We've tried to keep policies very similar to the old board, even as other changes have been made.   The flaming seems to have dramatically diminished since moving to the old board and requiring registration - even thought as you pointed out, it doesn't have to be a real name, but could also be a "handle", screen name, etc.. 

The moderators have done a real good job of staying on top of the threads and keeping the tone positive, and constructive.  We have had to ban one member, temporarily, for flaming.   There is basically zero tolerance for flaming and personal or bus put-downs.  Constructive criticisms, suggestions, etc., are always welcome and an entirely different matter.   ;D

If you do see a thread where any flaming or putdowns, etc., are occuring, please let a moderator know!  We'll take care of it.  ;)

Thanks for all your contributions to the threads Ace & Susan.  I enjoy reading them.

Best Regards, Phil

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2006, 12:39:10 AM »
Jeez Phil this new board is sooooooooooo cool I never even noticed I'd been banned - ROCK ON
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline Timnvt

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2006, 05:15:29 PM »
So, how does one add an event to the calender if one had an event worth posting? Thanks,  Tim.
'66 MCI5 6v92 w/HT-740

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Re: Calendar usage, birthdays and your profile. How to post.
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2006, 07:35:15 PM »
Hi Tim,

1) Click on the calendar button
2) On the month of the event, click on the numerical date.  This is hyperlinked.
3) Enter a brief description.  This will show up on the date you have clicked.

Hope this helps, Phil

Offline Timnvt

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
Phil, I click, double click, I'd hit it with a hammer if it would help, but the numbers on the calender of the days of the month do nothing for me. :(
I get hyperlinks to the events already posted and for the profiles of the dated among us, but the numbers are...just numbers to me.

Any other ideas?
Thanks,  tim.
'66 MCI5 6v92 w/HT-740

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2006, 08:11:20 PM »
Hi Tim,
Thanks for letting us know about that.  You should be good to go now as far as editing the calendar.   ;D

Hope this helps, Phil

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Historical File Of Tips
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:55 AM »
After Tips received are reviewed, they will be transferred to this file for historical purposes. This file is locked to prevent unauthorized posting in this area.   
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

Re: Bus pictures
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2006, 07:53:36 PM »
BJ,

No it should happen instantly!

What was your last screen, what did it say?

let me know

Nick-
Nick,
It will only happen quickly if you aren't on dial up.
Dial up for a 50KB upload can take over a minute. Depending on connection and other things interfering, it could take up to a couple of minutes.

Dallas

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal