Author Topic: PD 4104 transmission oil  (Read 12244 times)

Offline DSweet

Re: PD 4104 transmission oil
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »
;)If you check the book it is very specific 40w engine oil.  The transmission in our
'04 was sluggish until I changed the oil as per "Da Book", it shifts much better
now. 
Blessings,
David

Offline zimtok

• Eddie Smith, the reason for having the bus
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 06:16:23 AM »
In my 4104 Maintenance Manual in the back of the book it indicates to use lubricant type "ES" Engine Oil - Special.
Also in the manual in Lubrication section 13, page 210, under "Lubricating Oil-Special, it states the following...

"Type of oil indicated by symbol "ES" on chart must be an S. A. E. 50 engine oil of good quality such as "Aviation Grade Engine Oil" or S. A. E. 50 Heavy Duty Engine Oil designated as for service "DG". Ordinary gear oils are not satisfactory."

I have been using the straight 50 heavy duty engine oil from NAPA without any problems. The previous owner did the same.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Offline gus

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
Dallas,

Hit the Ctrl and + keys on your keyboard at the same time and any webpage font will enlarge. Each time you do it it will get larger. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to affect photos or some other parts of the page.

Don't know what the size limit is, never tried.

Same goes for smaller, just hit the Ctrl and - keys.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Dallas

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »
Thanks Gus,

I was referring more to the type of font they used rather than the size of the font.

Standard Pica or other typewriter style font's just don't show up well on my screen.

Besides, I may be stupid, but not blind! (to paraphrase a bit),  ;D ;D ;D

Dallas

Dallas,

Hit the Ctrl and + keys on your keyboard at the same time and any webpage font will enlarge. Each time you do it it will get larger. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to affect photos or some other parts of the page.

Don't know what the size limit is, never tried.

Same goes for smaller, just hit the Ctrl and - keys.

Offline gus

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
Dallas,

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence but some of these little helpers are sometimes not known. It may help others also, I only discovered this a year or two ago.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Dallas

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
Gus, you didn't insult my intelligence. My wife has explained to me, (using small words and speaking very slowly), that the only smart thing I've ever done is to marry her, and that's questionable.

Dallas

Dallas,

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence but some of these little helpers are sometimes not known. It may help others also, I only discovered this a year or two ago.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
Gus, you didn't insult my intelligence. My wife has explained to me, (using small words and speaking very slowly), that the only smart thing I've ever done is to marry her, and that's questionable.

Dallas

On her part? ???  BK  ???
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal