Author Topic: How do I winterize my MCI engine, tranny, and chassis?  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Oregonconversion

• Somethingforever.com
Re: How do I winterize my MCI engine, tranny, and chassis?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »
Well I can't agree with Paul (Dreamscape) enough! Not that I know anything of course! Your MC8 should  have 4 air tanks! Of course it also will have a drain at the right rear access door mounted on the inner fenderwell for draining the "ping" tank which is not one of the 4! Next will be the rear or wet tank which is located just in front of the drive axle in the center! It is mounted horizonally 0into the backside of the rear luggage bay wall. Then the next 2 are side beside behind the steer axle and mount verticaly. The next one is mounted up under the driver. As to how they drain really depends on whether or not the privious owner has changed then on

Thanks, I will check them to see how to purge them.
1977 MC8
8V92 HT740

Offline NJT 5573

Re: How do I winterize my MCI engine, tranny, and chassis?
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
On the "if there is already antifreeze in the engine" statement, I meant versus having straight water in the engine. You have air suspension, don't go under the bus and drain the airtanks and get crushed. Wait until it warms up and have the air tank drains plumbed to the wheel wells if you think its an issue. Stay warm, don't wake up the bus right now, its to damn cold and you are not going anywhere anyway.
"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal