Author Topic: bussin 09  (Read 6347 times)

Offline crown

bussin 09
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
flying up from costa rica in a few days and will be at jacks house on dec 26
looking forward to meating many of you first time going so might need some
help finding my way around  my wife could use some help from your wifes
as to bus life and living on the road till arcadia wishing you all merry christmas
and a happy new year john lidia & princessa
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline bubbaqgal

Re: bussin 09
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
Unfortunately Dallas and I can't go but I can promise you that you will be made so welcome by everyone.  Your wife will get so much information about bussin' that she may just need to take notes.  Be sure to take a camera so you both can get pics of the things you really like about certain buses.  Trust me, you will leave there with so many new friends, new information and full tummy's.  Have fun!  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
What do you mean you can't go? Sure you can!
I had one person shy me away from a rally but never again!
Be there or be square!
Acr

Offline Van

• SPICEY MEATBALL
  • IGNORE
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:18:12 AM »
Tell em Ace :).Van
IF YOU'RE NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE, YOU'RE TAKIN UP TOO MUCH SPACE.

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 09:44:29 AM »
Ace, trust me, we really want to go. There isn't anyone that could make us shy away from a rally!  We are working on a bus in OK and have other jobs to do in this part of the country.  It would cost too much, money and time, for us to head that way right now. If we could work it we would be in SC right now at my parents house for Christmas.  It would be worth it to be in Arcadia just to get to see.........BudRo.  LOL
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »
Crown,

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Just look for the BiG Blue Bus.

Kwajdiverbill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
why just a big blue bus?  he can also look for a big white bus.  and we'll be easy to find right next to the food wagon again! (that's not a complaint Paula; we like our spot).

Crown, we'll be happy to tell you what we know although there are many more experienced at full timing.  Welcome!
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline gm4106

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »
This will be my first time at any bus rally. Really looking forward to this. I like to see all the cool ideas that you all have done on your buses. This is my second bus. I started in 2003 with the first one. Move on to a automatic transmission because of my knee. Got the second one in June of 2007. I been working on this bus all spring and summer long. Doing update inside (was done in the mid 80's) along with new air bags, brakes, shifter, spin on filters, muffler, air filter ,transmission cooler, had a over head done. Wow, I still could keep going on. Got a lot of help form the bus boards and can't forget Luke's
Thanks all looking to meeting you all
Bob
GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 07:26:07 AM »
It sure seems that this rally is shaping up to be among the best.  In various threads, there has been mention of Ed Roelle doing a seminar on generator noise and cooling, Sean Welsh doing a seminar on electrical systems and Mike Lutestanski doing a seminar on engine conversions.  Of course, Tom Mason will be there with his tremendous knowledge of all things computer.  I probably missed some folks, but you get the idea.  We have been vendors there at least two times and will really miss being there this year.

I sent Mike the PowerPoint presentation that Sonnie Gray and I presented for two of these rallies.  I hope Mike has as much fun as Sonnie and I did when we presented the subject.  One of the fun parts of the presentation was showing photos of all of the "unique" engine conversions that have been done.  I still collect photos of these conversions.  If anyone has such photos, please send them to me: jim at rvsafetysystems dot com.

Pat and I will be doing trade shows and attending the Eagle rally in January (CA/AZ -wrong coast), so we will not be able to make this great rally.  Jack and Paula are absolutely the BEST hosts ever!!!  They are assisted by great folks, and end result is. with out question, among the very best bus rallies we have attended in terms of feeling welcome and having fun!!!

You all have fun and we will be thinking about you!!!!

Jim
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:22:35 AM by rv_safetyman »
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »
To answer the original post, my wife Louise has offered, if Jack can fit her in, to do a seminar on small-space living.  She'll probably do something informal around the coach if she doesn't make the official seminar schedule.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline crown

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »
 thanks everbody looking forword to meeting all of you and merry chrismas to all
going to the airport tonight [ well monday morning ] but going to the airport
at 3 am is still night to me hate going 3 hours before a flight will try and check
in with you when a can get to a comp. up in the usa  john from costa rica
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • Global Moderator
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 04:44:58 PM »
To answer the original post, my wife Louise has offered, if Jack can fit her in, to do a seminar on small-space living.  She'll probably do something informal around the coach if she doesn't make the official seminar schedule.-Sean

Sean,
   that sounds like maybe a good seminar for the ladies duirng the engine swap seminar.  We will discuss this when you arrive.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »
Jack,

I know Louise sent you a message on this a couple days ago.  I'm sure she's waiting for an answer, so she knows how much effort to put into it ahead of time.  And, yes, it would be targeted at the "bus widows" and can be opposite engine swaps or even the second half of my seminar.  I  think she'd like the projector -- we're both geeks.

-Sean
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • Global Moderator
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 04:42:11 AM »
Jack,
   I know Louise sent you a message on this a couple days ago.  I'm sure she's waiting for an answer, so she knows how much effort to put into it ahead of time.  And, yes, it would be targeted at the "bus widows" and can be opposite engine swaps or even the second half of my seminar.  I  think she'd like the projector -- we're both geeks.
-Sean

Sean,
   I did not receive her email????  We only have 1 projector.  I wll have to see which presenters do not need it and schedule accordingly.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Blacksheep

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
Three of us in buses are meeting on Route 98 at 10 am on Friday in Lakeland then heading south to Arcadia. Any other bus nuts in the area that want to join in on the trip, feel free! We are meeting in the parking lot located on the south west side of Edgewood Dr. on route 98 in Lakeland.

Ace