Author Topic: We left Cleveland for Bussin 09 and we're in Cleveland  (Read 1966 times)

Offline white-eagle

We left Cleveland for Bussin 09 and we're in Cleveland
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »
We left Cleveland, OH this morning for Bussin 09.  No problems this time.  Weather was 25, but the dreaded brake freeze didn't happen, maybe 'cause we slept in the bus last night in our driveway. 

Now we're settled in at koa north, in Cleveland, TN.

The new jake's worked fine goin thru Jellico.  Had a real brake check in Knoxville.  started to rain and traffic on I75 is Busy.  i don't know who said no travelin or way down this year, but the cars were sure out heavy.  and rain is nasty at night in a crowd.  70mph til we got to knoxville, then 60-65 rest of the way.

filled up south of Cinci at $2.339.  Further South we past a Pilot at $2.249. of course  >:(.

Stopping at J-B's welding and bus works in Wildwood/Bushnell area to get my front door tightened up and straightened up, then to Arcadia.

See you all soon.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline JimG

Re: We left Cleveland for Bussin 09 and we're in Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:13:36 PM »
Southbound Jellico is uphill! Save the Jakes for the 5 mile downhill when you head back north. Jim G. - Ohio 1979 RTS-II
Jim & Linda Gochnauer Plain City, Ohio
1979 RTS-II 40'X96"

Blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
Tom when will you be in Bushnell to see JB?

Ace

Songman

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »
Tom, Glad to hear the Jakes are working out. Once you leave Cleveland and cross into Georgia, think about me as you pass through Dalton about 30 miles in. That's my hometown. Walnut Avenue is the main Dalton exit but about 10 miles further South is Carbondale Road where my place is. There is a nice big Pilot truck stop there if you need fuel. There is also a Pilot at the exit prior to this but the one at Carbondale is a lot easier in and out. Wish I was there so you could stop in for a visit!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal