Author Topic: Stuck on the side of the road - UP-DATE  (Read 49819 times)

El-Sonador

Re: STUCK ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD - HELP!
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2006, 09:07:40 AM »
What you said is EXACTLY what Jim and I figured out last night from his MCI9 and a flashlight! I think it is best if we can figure a way to pull that cradle back to where it belongs, don't forget that also mis aligns the belt pulleys as well as other things. I would suspect that if the drive shaft and other things are OK with movement, that new Porta Power toy you bought should put it back where it belongs.
Have a great trip tomorrow!
Hey DON...

ALL belts look like they are aligned. I did a quick survey and if the engine was to be moved back two inches, the the blower belt would come very close to rubbing where it passes up into the blower compartment. Also the power steering reservoir would come very close to the drop down bulkhead where the row of rear seats were mounted.

I don't think this problem will be total figured out until the "Weight Challenged" lady signs... lol

I fly out in the morning for Huston then Chicago then finally Buffalo, take a cab across the border and I'm home, only $94.00 on SouthWest

I'll call you when I get back in a few weeks.
Maybe we can figure out that bumper thing then.
At least I will be mobile and I'll work on that engine position when I get to a shop.

Thanks for your help... I can't say that enough...

Steve

El-Sonador

NOTE TO ALL THAT HELPED OUT ON THIS ONE..
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2006, 09:27:37 AM »
NOTE TO ALL THAT HELPED OUT ON THIS ONE...

I like to thank all those that helped out, offered possible solutions and made this entire experience bearable.
One of our worst fears is breaking down on the side of the road and it is absolutely fantastic to know that there are a bunch of "Nuts" out there willing to help out a stranger.

A special thanks to...

Nick Badame Refrig. Co.
Busted Knuckle
Footloose [and company]
Sammy
Dallas
JackConrad
NJT5047 [aka JR]
Don/TX
Ross
DrivingMissLazy [aka Richard]
plyons [aka Phill]

and the MAK Board...

Hope this is a big start to a lasting friendship...

El-Sonador [aka Steve]

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
Steve the rear "T" bolts are what are supposed to line up the cradle position. And "MOST of the time" if the cradle is pushed all the way to the built in stops at the rear of the rails, those inverted "T" bolts flip right up into their slot perfectly! Sounds as though for what ever reason such as any you mentioned or other the engine and cradle assembly has been moved back! The drive shaft should have enough movement in it''s slip-yoke to accomadate this however it also could be slipped out almost to or past it's "safe" limit! At any rate ya need to make sure that the olts holding it in are tight  in whatever position  you decide to go with so it won't move! Personally I'd want to make that cradle sit as far forward as it originally was meant too, then make other adjustments to the less important componets!  As ya said Ya got my # and E-mail call, drop a note, or drop in  anytime! Best to check ahead a day or 2 , to make sure I'm here, but if I ain't here I can assure you I won't be gone long! Thinks go nuts if I get away to long!
  ;D   Knuckle  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

El-Sonador

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2006, 09:38:33 AM »
Steve the rear "T" bolts are what are supposed to line up the cradle position. And "MOST of the time" if the cradle is pushed all the way to the built in stops at the rear of the rails, those inverted "T" bolts flip right up into their slot perfectly! Sounds as though for what ever reason such as any you mentioned or other the engine and cradle assembly has been moved back! The drive shaft should have enough movement in it''s slip-yoke to accomadate this however it also could be slipped out almost to or past it's "safe" limit! At any rate ya need to make sure that the olts holding it in are tight  in whatever position  you decide to go with so it won't move! Personally I'd want to make that cradle sit as far forward as it originally was meant too, then make other adjustments to the less important componets!  As ya said Ya got my # and E-mail call, drop a note, or drop in  anytime! Best to check ahead a day or 2 , to make sure I'm here, but if I ain't here I can assure you I won't be gone long! Thinks go nuts if I get away to long!
  ;D   Knuckle  ;D

Sounds like a plan BK....
If you are not there when I get there, then I'll just set up camp and go fishing in your pond until you arive...  ;D ;D ;D

Steve

El-Sonador

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »
Through all this it looks like I made Jr. Member...  ::)

One more breakdown and I'll get to be a Full Member...  ;D ;D ;D
But let's hope the next 50 postings will be to return the favour and help out someone else instead...
Much better plan...  8)

Steve

El-Sonador

Re: Stuck on the side of the road - UP-DATE
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »
Just an up-date for those that have helped out with this.

I will be flying back to my bus in the morning [Canada to Texas] to finish the re-install of my rear bumper... then hopefully head out on the road again with a stopover in TN to visit Knuckle...

Hey BK, I heard you did a run down to FLA, how did that go...

Steve

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Stuck on the side of the road - UP-DATE
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »
[Hey BK, I heard you did a run down to FLA, how did that go...

Steve

Steve it was terrible a bus load of young gorgeous hardbodys and guys, going down for there spring formal!Wlking around the hotel in what I barely call bikini's and inviting me to they're beach party's!!! Then 1 pretty llittle lady who was PO'd at her "date" because he was so wasted found me soaking in the hot tub, and insisted I get outta the tub n get dressed and join her at the dance "so she wouldn't be alone", then when the dance was over they all insisted on me joining them again on the beach for a late night after the party PARTY! well as a profesional driver I have to stand by the rule what happens in FL stay's in FL. If ya get the idea!
:) ;) :D ;D 8) Knuckle 8) ;D :D ;) :)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal