Author Topic: Is There a Block or Ignore Feature on here?  (Read 21786 times)

Offline youknowwho

Is There a Block or Ignore Feature on here?
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »
I'm tired of receiving PM's from someone on here and wish to block him from doing so.

***content removed ***

Moderator note:  The above is an excellent question that a number of people here will likely benefit from the answer that is well put below.  The content I deleted did not include names, but was a squabble that really didn't need to be dealt with in public.  We will no longer tolerate quarrels between members to be aired on the forum.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Re: Is There a Block or Ignore Feature on here?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
Maybe Phil or HighTechRedneck can answer your question. In the meantime, lets try to keep all this off the BB. This is not directed soley at you, but all involved.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
Easy.

Just go to your profile options (top of screen along with the buttons "Home" "Help" "Search" etc,) and then go to the left sidebar to Personal message options (or something like that) and add them to your ignore list.

Also, I won't send you PM's about this, but you could have stated you point and use more civil language.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »
Easy.

Just go to your profile options (top of screen along with the buttons "Home" "Help" "Search" etc,) and then go to the left sidebar to Personal message options (or something like that) and add them to your ignore list.

Also, I won't send you PM's about this, but you could have stated you point and use more civil language.

God bless,

John
"Civil Language"?  "Crap"? Or are you referring to something else? 

Songman

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
Good information, John. Is there a way to do that in the rest of the forum or just in PMs?

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
Good information, John. Is there a way to do that in the rest of the forum or just in PMs?

ROFLMAO! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »
Is there some way I could block everyone else's posts and just read mine?  I'm not always right....but I always agree with me. ;)

Offline paulcjhastings

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »
Is there some way I could block everyone else's posts and just read mine?  I'm not always right....but I always agree with me. ;)

Always being right.....Priceless. :D
Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »

Over ther years I have noticed the really intelligent people with lots of common sense tend to agree with me  ;D
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »
Yknowwho,

Yup, that is what I am talking about. My point is, years ago, that wasn't acceptable. Things have slipped. The thing is, if that stuff starts becoming common place on the board, then the next step down is just a little worse. Then it is just a little step further, and then, before you know it, young people cannot read the board. My point is, that is just the beginning of a slid.

Jjrbus, You know, I think that you are right ;D :D ;D. I have also noticed that the really intelligent minds of the world tend to think that what I am doing is a good idea ;D :D ;D...Want to buy a bus? ;D :D ;D

Dale, so far I can only see a way to do that with the PM's...Sorry ;D :D ;D.

On a different note. Does anybody know where to find my model # on my S60 (I know, I know, I haven't had to look for it before, but I need it so we can look into ordering Jakes.) Thanks.

God bless,

John

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 06:43:35 PM »
John

Great post I went back and modified one of my post to get my point across in a different way.

Thanks John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:59:59 PM »
Yeah. I've been kind of silent lately because I've been in a really cranky mood for quite a while. This time of year does it to me. I've been afraid I might say something I shouldn't. Today I made post on John's thread with what I initially thought was tongue in cheek humor, but after reading it again tonight, I realize it could easily have been taken the wrong way. Fortunately, John didn't take it the wrong way (at least I think he didn't).

All quiet on the midwestern front......  again...

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »
Yknowwho,

Yup, that is what I am talking about. My point is, years ago, that wasn't acceptable. Things have slipped. The thing is, if that stuff starts becoming common place on the board, then the next step down is just a little worse. Then it is just a little step further, and then, before you know it, young people cannot read the board. My point is, that is just the beginning of a slid.
God bless,

John

John, No offense but just by the name you use as a handle tells me you are a verrry religious person. I was raised where religion was force fed down my throat and it bothers me to see people use religious avatars, names and signatures in any forum except religious ones, we all don't have the same beliefs, morals or opinions of what words are offensive. The only words that really shouldn't be used here are the same ones George Carlin used in his 7 words you can't say on TV. As far as this board goes it is an adult forum and I really doubt kids are reading here and if they were they would think this is like church compared to what they say and hear on a daily basis. I won't go out of my way to offend you or anyone else but on the same token I'm not going out of my way not to offend  anyone. "Times they are achanging"  Back when I was just about 4 or 5 years old my mom "Found God" and he told her the TV was the devil box and had to go. We just had 3 channels and shows like the little Rascles, 3 Stooges, I Love Lucy now we have ove 900 available channels with more smut, foul language and violence but she now has satellite TV. HMMMM. As long as someone is not attacking you personally  or your rights it's all pretty much fair game.

Songman

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
I'm religious. I don't wear it on my ID or avatar, but I wear it proudly in the way I behave daily. I don't go so far as to think there was anything wrong with the language in this thread so far, but I also don't go so far as to think anything is fair game. A person has a right not to be religious, but on the other hand a person has a right to be religious as well, and that includes in their handle or avatar. It doesn't matter if all the other people here are of the same belief or not. Having a name that can be perceived as religious is not offensive unless someone is looking to be offended. Have you seen the first scene in the DaVinci code where Tom Hanks shows the symbol and people yell out what they think it stands for, but then they find out that it is entirely something else? So assuming the definition of someone's handle can lead to problems anyway.

More than that I have to say that I disagree with "I won't go out of my way to offend you or anyone else but on the same token I'm not going out of my way not to offend anyone". I don't think this has anything to do with religious or not. I think this is just good manners. I do understand that too many people yell OFFENDED about too many things these days, but we can tell the difference in really offended and politically correct hogwash. Why on Earth would I want to offend anyone? I wouldn't want anyone to offend me. The Golden Rule, whether you take it as religious or not, is still a pretty good standard to live by.

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 01:27:19 AM »
I'm religious. I don't wear it on my ID or avatar, but I wear it proudly in the way I behave daily. I don't go so far as to think there was anything wrong with the language in this thread so far, but I also don't go so far as to think anything is fair game. A person has a right not to be religious, but on the other hand a person has a right to be religious as well, and that includes in their handle or avatar. It doesn't matter if all the other people here are of the same belief or not. Having a name that can be perceived as religious is not offensive unless someone is looking to be offended. Have you seen the first scene in the DaVinci code where Tom Hanks shows the symbol and people yell out what they think it stands for, but then they find out that it is entirely something else? So assuming the definition of someone's handle can lead to problems anyway.

More than that I have to say that I disagree with "I won't go out of my way to offend you or anyone else but on the same token I'm not going out of my way not to offend anyone". I don't think this has anything to do with religious or not. I think this is just good manners. I do understand that too many people yell OFFENDED about too many things these days, but we can tell the difference in really offended and politically correct hogwash. Why on Earth would I want to offend anyone? I wouldn't want anyone to offend me. The Golden Rule, whether you take it as religious or not, is still a pretty good standard to live by.

Great Post......You couldn't have stated that better...
1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal