Author Topic: I need some HELP but not bus related  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Jriddle

I need some HELP but not bus related
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
I have a 2002 Subaru Outback and need to replace the emergency flasher but I can't find it. I have found the turn flasher as it still works. It was buried under dash. I didn't see the other flasher. I have said a few choice words looking and have tried to look on the net but it is beyond me. Hope someone knows.

Thanks
John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
Re: I need some HELP but not bus related
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »
John -

1.  Have you looked in the Owner's Manual?  My Toyota's shows the location of the flashers in the back, in the fuse section.

2.  Have you called a Subaru Dealer?  A quick phone call to the service department should get you an answer.

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Stormcloud

• FMCA#407220
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
Any chance that the turn and emergency flashers are one and the same?
My Tracker/Sidekick has only one flasher...does it all.

HTH.

Mark
Mark Morgan  
1972 MCI-7 'Papabus'
8v71N MT654 Automatic
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada in summer
somewhere near Yuma, Arizona in winter(but not 2020)

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
RJ

Owners manual is no help. I will call dealer in morning. They usually aren't any help unless you are paying them.

Mark

The parts store shows different flasher for the turn?

Thanks John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline stevet903

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:30:08 AM »
Try this forum - http://www.subaruoutback.org

There are several posts about flashers....

Steve

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:37:46 AM »
I have a 2002 Subaru Outback and need to replace the emergency flasher but I can't find it. I have found the turn flasher as it still works. It was buried under dash. I didn't see the other flasher. I have said a few choice words looking and have tried to look on the net but it is beyond me. Hope someone knows.

Thanks
John

Here's some help....   BUY AMERICAN!!    ::)

Sorry John.  I know that doesn't help much now.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:12 AM »

Thanks
John

Here's some help....   BUY AMERICAN!!    ::)

Sorry John.  I know that doesn't help much now.

I try to buy American!!!  But I get an engine from Canada an Eyetalian transmission, Jap electronics, Mexican interior and wipers and Chinesse tires!!!!!!

Do a Google/Yahoo search for Suburu Outback Forums or clubs. I found a great site for my multinational Dorf Windstar.   Of course I have lost the bookmark                                                     HTH   Jim
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Gumpy

No offence taken. I have had several Subaru's and have found  all wheel traction, milage, and durability fits best for me. It was assembled in the US with all the foreign parts if that counts for anything.

To all thanks for the posts.

Now I have to fess up. I read my book till I was blue in the face last night. I looked high and low for this flasher unit. I searched the internet and finally posted here.

Here comes the part about one can't see the light through the trees in the forest. While reading the book I took note that the book was telling me where to find the flasher switch. I passed it off as the book was wrong. The book covers several models. I guess when frustrated it is time to walk away. I have driven this car seven years and thought the switch was on the top of the steering column. Well after a bad day at work I was enjoying my 50 mile trip home and looked at the dash and low and behold the flasher switch is in the exact spot the BOOK said it would be. The switch on the column is park LIGHTS. Now I feel compelled to Fess up to all of you as you posted to try to help my DUMB ---.

Thanks again John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »
Gumpy

No offence taken. I have had several Subaru's and have found  all wheel traction, milage, and durability fits best for me. It was assembled in the US with all the foreign parts if that counts for anything.

Yeah, at least they've been putting some Americans to work in the assembly plants. It's unfortunate the profits all go overseas, though. The parts are made overseas, so percentage wise, there's very little of the price of the vehicle that's retained in this country.

It unfortunate that when all this financial fiasco is all done, the foreign makers will all be sound thanks to ongoing government backing, but we'll most likely loose at least one of the american manufacturers. Of course this will be AFTER our government gives them BILLIONS of our hard earned money which we'll never get back. <end rant>

I'm glad you found your switch.  I did a search after you posted the original message, and I found a lot of people asking the same question, and nobody answering it.

How's the coach coming?  Weather getting any better?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »
Craig

I do not know what to think about the American auto industry. I have two Fords, one Chevy, one Subaru and one MCI. We had some Snow the last few days with lows around -10 below. Today +39. here is some pictures of BUS

John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »
More Pics
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »
I'm jealous. Every time I look at your photos I see really good progress. I can't seem to get anything done on mine lately.

That insulation is really going to help keep it cool in the hot summers.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
My MCI-8 is partially made in Canada!

John…thanks you for sharing your great project’s photos.

Looking great!

I notice that it has diagonals along the lower side wall. Is that whole new framing of the wall? I admire you for taking on the challenge. Very interesting indeed.

Thank you Craig for asking John your question.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal