Author Topic: WOW, bus values!!!  (Read 3571 times)

Offline coachconverter

WOW, bus values!!!
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »
In case any of you noticed, I had a F3500 up on eBay that ended tonight, with a Buy it Now of $110k.  I knew that was more than I would get, in this economy, but the scary thing is that it didn't even bring half that.  A 2001 F3500, Cummins ISC, B500, Hydraulic Levelers, 12kw Powertech, nice interior, brand new ACs and Heaters and bamboo floor and new bathroom.

I guess I'm just in a bit of a state of shock.  This interior would cost at least $75k to build, the generator worth $12k, the leveling system with install nearly that much.  Not to mention the low mileage, completely serviced shell that has to be worth more than $40k-50k - but I guess not.  Maybe I'll try it again in the Spring.

Anyways, just venting.  But it worries me about the market in general...

Todd

Offline travlinman

Re: WOW, bus values!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
Todd

I don't do ebay much, sorry I missed the auction. I'm in the market for a coach so please PM me with the info. Links to photos and spec sheets are most appreciated.

Steve
Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
This bus is for sale - https://gm4106.wordpress.com

Offline pickpaul

• New Bus Not
  • New Bus Not
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
I guess it proves the old adage, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
Todd,

My ebay is screwed lately.  I searched for F3500, F 3500, 3500 RV, F3500 bus.  I got zip from any of those.  I get zero for MCI or Prevost or Eagle....what gives?  Could this be part of your problem?  Is there any way to tell how many viewed your add?

Thanks for your help and sorry about your news,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline gyrocrasher

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:23 AM »
John
Do your search for F3500. On that page, left side, check "completed listings" then "show items", and there it is. :) HTH, Mitch

Offline JimC

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »
Ebay today is really nothing more than cheap nationwide advertising (using the newspapers cost as a standard) I have advertised a couple of classic cars and street rods on there and I have never sold them through Ebay. I did however sell 2 of them through contacts that I received from there.

Most people will not buy a large ticket item sight unseen. I have found that you have to place your phone number in the ad to allow them to call and ask or talk about the item. After they do that they may set up a time to look at it on their terms, not Ebay's. Its been a while since I sold a car on there, but when you stop to think that you are targeting a very large audience that is interested in items like you are selling it works, just not quickly.

How many times have you heard or read that people should check Ebay to see what a particular item is selling for? It has grown to become a sort of benchmark for pricing used items, especially in the used car, classic car, or street rod market. (and somewhat for bus conversions)

Just my 2cents     Jim
4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison

Offline gus

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
This is one of the worst times in many, many years to try to sell a converted coach, any type of RV, a jet airplane, any kind of airplane, any kind of high dollar boat or a house.

No mystery there!!
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal