Author Topic: Love my Bus but...  (Read 75719 times)

Offline NJT5047

Re: Love my Bus but...
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »
Ace, did you have a 'Check Engine Light' indicating a problem?  You got me wondering about the failure.   I would have thought that a blown fuse on half the injectors would have set a CEL?   

Thanks, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Ace

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »
JR there were no Cel or SEL and when I connected my pro-link it showed no historic or current codes.
Its in the shop now having a once over. Problem is they have a couple of 60 series there and they got me thinking hard about a transplant!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ace
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
Interesting.  The lack of codes sure complicates things?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ definitely describes an S60 repower.
You got a nice coach, probably worth the cost to repower.   You'll love S60 power.
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Sammy

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »
Ace, save your $$$$$ ..
You have enjoyed it up until this past incident, don't let it get you down.
You have it back now, with little to no $$$ spent - a home run.
It even charges like it's supposed to.. :)

JR, gotta agree with you about the power of the 12.7 Series 60 - amazing.
Series 60 with a B500 in an H3-45 feels like you're driving a '69 SS Chevelle.. 8)
Wait til BK sees this post, LOL.
Regards to all.
Sammy

VanTare

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
Sammy drive a H-45 with the new Volvo D-13 it feels likes a Pinto the only thing I can pass is a J B Hunt chicken hauler ( if he is on level ground) 4.5 to 5.1 MPG also   

David

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2009, 08:25:04 AM »
Well Ace glad to see it was something simple! I have been busy as a one legged man in a tater sack race lately & not been on the board much, so I was thrilled to see you found/fixed it!
And to tell you the truth, I owe you an apology! I thought I had mentioned checking those fuses to you. I really was so convinced that I had, that I was starting to type a post telling you that had you checked them when I told you too that this would have been over from the start!
Well while I was typing I went back and searched the thread so I could add the "quote " in there (since I know how much you love it when I do! LOL), but it wasn't there! Then I got so PO'd just knowing I had posted it and somehow it'd been removed, that I went back and started searching ALL of my past posts!
That's when I found out I had my threads mixed up and it was Rob who couldn't get his Prevost to run that I had told to check those fuses!

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10296.msg105391#msg105391

Had I realized that I had not told you to check those I would have done so, saving you much trouble!
But then you would not have had so much fun finding and fixing it! ;D

Now about that complete engine I asked about in my pm to you and RickB has also been asking about? How about it if it's still available, I may be interested! I just happen to have a Setra here needing one!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Blacksheep

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »
BK our bus is in the shop and the floor area behind it is becoming cluttered with parts that were removed! That was today and more to be removed Monday. It is way past due for what is being done and it should run like a champ when I get it back. At least that is what they tell me anyway!
The oil leak on top of the motor appears to be a leaking turbo line and the base gasket along with the breather hose was off the breather. All of that would make a mess for sure and it did!
I found out that I have lights in the engine bay that the previous owner/driver had tie wrapped the switch that activates them shut so they stayed off all the time! Likghts in the engine bay will be nice especially at night!
All the fuel lines will be replaced with new ones along with a new secondary fuel filter housing with all new fittings. Oh and I will have a primer set-up just in case I need it or anyone else needs it using a bug sprayer. That is way cool the way it works using an a/c fitting!

A new RR drive axle air bag will be here Monday as well and after being under the bus for the first time, that appears to be the ONLY air leak!
An oil changes and lube along with a brake check will final out my $$$$ bill!

Ace

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2009, 06:01:54 AM »
Glad to see your up and running and moving forward on other maintenance items.

I apologize but i missed this one and find it interesting.

" Oh and I will have a primer set-up just in case I need it or anyone else needs it using a bug sprayer. That is way cool the way it works using an a/c fitting!"

Is there a thread with pictures etc?
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline junkman42

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
Ace, if you still have the breakers from bussin 09 could You shoot Me a  email or a phone number?  John

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal