Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 5232 times)

Offline busnut104

Water Pump
« on: June 26, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »
What type of water pump is eveyrone using, and does anyone carry a spare, if the pump would go  down that would spoil a nice weekend. I now have a Diaphragm belt driven pump which works fine but who knows, if I decided to carry a spare it would be much simpler to have the same pump far as plumbing and mounting, but with that being said the pump which I have is kinda pricey especially if it is never needed. Maybe I am being paranoid???               

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
Re: Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 06:02:19 PM »
I have heard of setting pumps up in parallel. If you did that you could use a cheaper pump and not even use it unless the main pump went out but then I think you are being paranoid.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 04:31:36 AM »
We have 2 pumps connected in parallel. Not because I am paranoid but because the day after I purchased a pump for our coach, a frind gave new a spare that he had. If you do install 2 pumps, don't run them both all the time, if 1 fails you will not know it-until the other one fails.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:49:34 AM »
I have an Aquatec Aquajet variable speed pump as our primary pump. I was given a new, smaller pump (possibly Flojet) which I installed in the compartment. I attached PEX in the length needed to tie it into the manifold, and put a bullet connector on the electrical hot. If I lost my main pump, it would be a fairly simple matter to remove it from the manifold, and put the smaller pump in it place. I don't expect I'll ever need it though, but I like the redundancy. If I had more room in the bay and PEX was a bit more flexible, I'd probably have plumbed it in parallel with T's and valves so I could just turn a couple valves and flip a switch. That was the initial plan. Didn't work out that way.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 06:37:15 AM »
Hello Busnut104,

I have the Sureflo 5.7gpm variable speed 12v, and I carry a spare! It is the quietest pump I ever purchaced.

The water preasure is awsome in the shower. A bit pricey but, worth it!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:18:15 AM »
Just put in an extra pump for you mist system when you install it! LOL
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline TomC

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:26:11 AM »
I have two quiet pumps in parallel that I did so when someone was showering and the other was washing dishes, you couldn't feel the water pressure change and of course for redundancy.  In the 12 years that I've been using the pumps I have done zero to the pumps.  Have screens on the intake that are cleaned when I remember.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 11:11:17 AM »
Yes Richard, I will

Just put in an extra pump for you mist system when you install it! LOL
Richard
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal