Author Topic: Can not understand my electric use?  (Read 6389 times)

VanTare

Re: Can not understand my electric use?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »
I buy from Reliant for a plant in Houston and only pay 10.1 per KWH your in the same boat in other states too OK has deregulated the power Co's  and it is not cheap there and in Arizona you get hit with a surcharge for the price they can sell  the power for outside the state and with a fuel surcharge some months and then they have a peak and off peak rate hell of a deal in Arizona glad I don't use much in that state  

David

Offline HB of CJ

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:48 PM »
Wow, you are paying a lot for electricity.  Not bragging (actually I'm embarrassed) but the base rate up here in SW Oregon is $0.0356 per KWH.  Very lucky I guess. 

When we did new contruction years ago, an old trick was to run OSHA legal (mostly) zip cords places we were not supposed to run to.  Could your builder be running

Juice where he should not be?  Do not know if your new house has neighbors also under construction and could there be unknown usage you pay for?  HB of CJ

VanTare

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
HB you get that rate when you have all the Hydro generators built by the tax payers a long time ago but when you are paying for natural gas from Texas and coal shipped in from Wyoming by rail and trying to supply a state with 24 million people living here you pay a price like it or not 

David

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal