Author Topic: Big Western Trip – I need feedback and advice.  (Read 17097 times)

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
Re: Big Western Trip – I need feedback and advice.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
 A couple of good places we found (westward bound )are The Air Force Museum ,in Dayton,Ohio. There is a lot to see(allow at least one complete day)& there is no admission charge!A good place make camp,is the KOA ,There in Dayton,on the west side of town. Another place is the Creation Museum ,just west of Cincinati,Ohio.It will also justify a complete day. We stumbled accross a good campground about 15 minutes away, in North Bend, Ohio by the name of Indian Springs. Both of these campground were exceptions,and a pleasure to deal with.Please keep us informed on your findings,as we are gonna be heading west as well.
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »
Trlbl

I agree with both of your points. I posted a link in this thread a little earlier to the Creation museum, which was awesome!!!

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
Laryn much good advice!
My dad took us on a trip similar to what you are planning in 1980 in a brand new class A S & S (which we still have parked here! LOL)! It was an awesome trip! I will always remember it!
Then over the yrs while I was a paid gypsy (trucker) I revisited as many of these places as I could over the yrs. But many time I was not able to enjoy it as much as the trip dad took us on due to deadlines and being in a semi truck!

I took the liberty to "adjust" your maps and added in a must stop location for you! It has free 30 Amp service and dump station & water! Not to mention good company! Enjoy your trip no matter where it takes you! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Airbag

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »
Barn Owl
If you end up on the southern route near Tucson look me up. azairframe.com. If you have a mechanical I will be glad to help. That goes for anyone that might need it.

Rick

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »
Rick,

We just missed you -- passed through Tucson yesterday.  Would have looked you up if your post was a day sooner...

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
Rick,

I wish I could get down to that area and visit. If I live long enough and God willing, I would like to see that part of AZ. I think the weakest link on my trip will be the bus, so I thank you for the offer of help. I can only pray that I will not have to take anyone up on it.

Laryn
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
BK,

If only you weren't so far off of my route I would stop in and have a good time. Blow your horn if you see me.

Laryn

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
Sean,

I have read some of your blogs in the past and have enjoyed them. But they have now taken on a totally different meaning as I go through them. Where you parked and why, plus your thought process behind what you did has become very valuable. And the challanges and how you overcame them are becoming ever more important. You are unquestionably my number one "Road Pro".

Thanks for the time and effort that the two of you put into your blog.

Sean's blog

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 01:13:54 PM »
Laryn,

Thanks.  That's about the nicest thing anyone has ever said about our blog.

Now for the dirty little secret:  I write as much detail as I do about these places almost as much for our own benefit as for that of anyone reading.  Truth is that we are constantly going back to the blog to answer our own questions.  ("Where was that place we stayed near Fort Worth, where we could swim in the lake right from our camp site?" or "The guide says this place is lousy -- didn't we stay there once and have a great time?")  It helps, when we go back to those posts, to read about any problems we had on the way in, best corner to park, etc.

They say the memory is the second thing to go... I can't remember the first.  Or, as we say around Odyssey:  we drink to forget; we blog to remember.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal