Author Topic: Update from Doug with the PD4106  (Read 149695 times)

Old4103

Re: Update from Doug with the PD4106
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:22 PM »
Here's the phone number and address for Speedco in El Paso:

1317 Horizon Boulevard
El Paso, TX 79928
(915) 852-4854

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Bruce at the storage unit went and got the sampling kit and is pulling the sample today.  Once I get the results I will pass them along.

Thanks all.

Doug
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com

Offline steve5B

« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

Hi Doug,

Glad you got the info that I posted, I have a spectrometer and that is part of my business.  When you receive the results

of the sample, make sure you ask for the PPP. (parts per million sheet)  They have the same machine as I do.  If they don't

tell you the ware factor in PPM I will.   

Steve 5B.......
WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »
Just an update to let all concerned where we are at.  I finally heard from the seller of the bus (Randy Burgess) in Princeton, Tx and he expressed some concern and wanted the number of the mechanic that was going to try to fix the bus.  So, I gave him Dallas's number and called Dallas to let him know that the PO would be calling him.  Next thing I get is an email from the PO stating that we drove the bus too long, too hot and that is probably why it kept overheating.  He said his mechanic told him that all buses now days have electric fans and somehow inferred that we were the reason the bus had problems.  If he knew that pulling the trailer he sold us with our van on it was too much for the bus, why on Earth would he let us drive away?  Especially knowing I had 7 of my children and my wife in the bus and we were driving 2200 miles?  Blows my mind.

He also mentioned the trailer that he sold us that just about killed us and destroyed our van (we were towing our van on the trailer when it lost a tire and rim, but that is another story) could have been pulled behind our van (missing a tire and rim??) back to Oregon.  Anyway, he said he left a VM with Dallas.  Then he went on about something that kind of perplexed me.  He said Chris called him (don't know any Chris) and told him that he (Randy) had cheated him.

Another thing  Chris calls me at night and begins to scream how I was cheating him out of his money. I said what is going on.  I havent talked to him in 9 months. He didnt return emails and phone calls.   the bus forum said they where out of business.   He said he had just talked to yopu and i was cheating him out of his money.

Anybody know what he might be talking about?  Sounds like I might not have been the first buyer to have dealt with him?  Or is Chris the Chris from GMBUSGUYS and he had the bus listed on that site and didn't pay a commission (did we talk when I was on my way back to Oregon, I can't remember as it is all kind of fuzzy)?  I don't know but I sure feel awkward being in the middle of this all.

Edmund Burke

Old4103

« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2009, 11:08:50 AM »
Everyone has been leaving me voice mails! It seems after I talked to you this morning my cel phone battery died, even though it didn't make any noise telling me it was low on charge.
Cat just came in and told me she had had to leave a VM also so I checked and my phone is dead.

I have it on the charger now and will be able to use it in a couple of hours.

Dallas

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
And the saga continues.  It's better than facebook...but it keeps me from getting work done.  I'm going to have to hit the road soon so I can have a whole episode to myself. :)  I may be taking my bus and family all the way to Honduras next winter so that should produce some drama.

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
And the saga continues.  It's better than facebook...but it keeps me from getting work done.  I'm going to have to hit the road soon so I can have a whole episode to myself. :)  I may be taking my bus and family all the way to Honduras next winter so that should produce some drama.

Yep, but imagine how we feel being "the saga" and not being able to just turn it off.   ::)

Edmund Burke

Offline kingfa39

« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
reading all this about this bus it is my opinion that the elec fans are probly the big fault, how hot did the engine get?? for how long? the problem with trailers and buses is that it is difficult to see whats going on back there, i have had flats on my tow dollie more than once without seeing it or knowing even thogh i have a camera back there, the 06 is a great bus and has given our family more than 20 yrs of fun with no big deal problems, i towed a car from North carolina to california over the mountains in summer on both sides of the country, engine never got over 180 deg. i hope you can get this worked out seems you have some wonderful people trying hard to help, im also trying to figure out what i can do to help but am striglling myself. good luck
Frank Allen 4106

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »
reading all this about this bus it is my opinion that the elec fans are probly the big fault, how hot did the engine get?? for how long? the problem with trailers and buses is that it is difficult to see whats going on back there, i have had flats on my tow dollie more than once without seeing it or knowing even thogh i have a camera back there, the 06 is a great bus and has given our family more than 20 yrs of fun with no big deal problems, i towed a car from North carolina to california over the mountains in summer on both sides of the country, engine never got over 180 deg. i hope you can get this worked out seems you have some wonderful people trying hard to help, im also trying to figure out what i can do to help but am striglling myself. good luck
Frank Allen 4106

Frank,

The engine would overheat (overheat light) and I would pull over, flip the high idle toggle and let the engine cool down before I would drive again.  I don't feel like I ever pushed the engine beyond normal driving, but she did get hot many times.  Yep, the folks on this board trying to help have been beyond generous.  I hope we can get this worked out as well.  Our plan to travel and live in the bus while I did my consulting have been blown out of the water, so at this point if we can just get the bus fixed and get it home (wherever that ends up being) that alone will be a huge blessing.  Thanks for your concern Frank.  You, and folks like you, are the reason this board is so awesome.

Doug

Edmund Burke

Offline busshawg

« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
any word on the oil sample?

grant
Have Fun!!
Grant

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2009, 11:58:06 AM »
any word on the oil sample?

grant

Not yet.  The folks at Wagner are now telling me it could be 5 business days to get the results.  The sample was sent in last Friday, so if that is the case, I should hear by tomorrow COB at the latest.  As soon as I know the results, I will post them here for all to see.

Doug

Edmund Burke

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
You have us all on the edge of our seats Doug! :) By the way. I have been involved in some purchases that turned out bad a few times myself. Nothing to be ashamed of. We all tend to think everyone is just like us and wouldn't do anything shady. Everytime the individuals were confronted after my ordeals they did exactly as your seller reacted. They made confusing statements that made no sense and put blame where  I honestly knew had nothing to do with the issue. While I attend church, say my prayers and consider myself a Christian I have found that that has little to do with purchases or business dealings from similar such individuals. Some sit in the front row and still don't hear!!  :D :D Good luck on the sample!!! Later
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
You have us all on the edge of our seats Doug! :) By the way. I have been involved in some purchases that turned out bad a few times myself. Nothing to be ashamed of. We all tend to think everyone is just like us and wouldn't do anything shady. Everytime the individuals were confronted after my ordeals they did exactly as your seller reacted. They made confusing statements that made no sense and put blame where  I honestly knew had nothing to do with the issue. While I attend church, say my prayers and consider myself a Christian I have found that that has little to do with purchases or business dealings from similar such individuals. Some sit in the front row and still don't hear!!  :D :D Good luck on the sample!!! Later

Amen to that Brother.

Edmund Burke

Offline steve5B

« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2009, 06:08:04 AM »

Doug, why wasn't the oil sample taken to Speedco?  As mentioned be for, the results would have taken only a few minutes.

Steve 5B......
WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"

Offline BigDougInOregon

• Dulcius Ex Asperis!
    • Dulcius Ex Asperis!
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:16 AM »

Doug, why wasn't the oil sample taken to Speedco?  As mentioned be for, the results would have taken only a few minutes.

Steve 5B......

Steve,

I was trying to not spend any more money and the sample kit included the analysis at Wagner.  The folks who helped me out had already been very generous and paid for all of this (the kit and their time) out of their pocket ( I have to send them a check for their time and the kit).  The son who drew the sample lived in the area of Wagner so driving there wasn't a hassle for him.  I didn't figure five days would kill this thing since Dallas can't even get to where the bus is until the first week of March or so.

Doug

Edmund Burke

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal