Author Topic: Where to land a job driving entertainer coaches?  (Read 31968 times)

Offline circusboy90210

• Chat Banned
Re: Where to land a job driving entertainer coaches?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
well since you don't trust my opinion & I actually know where to go for a job.... & can make a few phone calls to get back on as a driver .. I guess you don't need my help. Don't confuse clown with incompetent. I've allready been where you want to be.

cody

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 06:09:31 PM »
I've always trusted people with red rubber noses and big floppy feet, doesn't everyone? Honk Honk lol, omg, I'm sorry but i needed that lmao

Offline Stormcloud

• FMCA#407220
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »
....maybe the nose isn't rubber....... :D
Mark Morgan  
1972 MCI-7 'Papabus'
8v71N MT654 Automatic
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada in summer
somewhere near Yuma, Arizona in winter(but not 2020)

Offline Van

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
Cody,that's Ok pal,we've spared no expense for your entertainment tonight LOL .Just tip the waiter  ;)

B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline gyrocrasher

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »
nevermind. M

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »
??? ??? ???  ? ? ?  ??? ??? ???
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Van

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
Dunno Bryce,you're guess is as good as mine,Happy birthday Mak Board! ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Airbag

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 04:14:06 PM »
Just wondering how often job openings for this come about, im considering next fall after we are done touring for the year to go work for a company that leases out entertainer coaches.  I know a CDL will be required so i will have to get one before that, but besides that....is it a hard field to get into?

The only thing that i can see being my downfall is i am 21 right now, 22 by then.  However chances are i know more about busses than most current drivers. At least from my observation every time i try to initiate a conversation at a truck stop or rest area with a bus driver, they know nothing....not even what kind of bus theyre driving!! (Obviously i know, but nothing is a better conversation starter than 'Is that a MC (insert model here)' unless of course the answer is 'i dont know, i just am paid to drive these things!'

So anyways, i know some of you on here used to be or still are in the industry.....i am just looking to fulfill my love of driving busses when im not on tour haha.  21 years old and single and not married....might as well take advantage of it!  I am however specifically interested in entertainer coaches.

Thanks guys!

Worst case scenario, with the bus market the way it is right now, ill just buy a personal bus for myself and just work on that! haha, i do love driving them though :-)))))

Drive a school bus for a year and you will be more desirable to them for you will have 40' experience with a CDL and passenger endorsement and the school district will pay for it. They have high turn over so it should be easy to land a job there. Pay not so great but if you can tolerate the kids the drunks will be no problem. Only trouble is you will get attached to the kids making quiting difficult. Good luck no matter what you do.

Offline circusboy90210

• Chat Banned
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 04:26:46 AM »
When starting out driving truck, I found out the hard way that insurance companies don't want you if you're under 25, and most companies wants drivers with at least 2 years of provable driving experience.  How can you get driving experience if nobody will hire you?  That's the 6 million dollar question.  Good luck if you find out.  I personally, started with a local moving company to get up to the 2 years of experience before I bought my first truck.  Good Luck, TomC
that's what places like schneider, pam,  &j.b. hunt are for. they hire just about anybody. They all have third party testing sites & their own schools to boot.

Offline Van

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal