Author Topic: HELP NEEDED BADLY!  (Read 17414 times)

cody

Re: HELP NEEDED BADLY!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:12 AM »
I just talked to sonny, I don't know what to say, the machine will be on it's way shortly, all libby has to do is hang on until it gets here.  Jack is right, libby doesn't qualify for medicare unless she is determined to be disabled, and then it takes 24 months to kick in, medicaid turned her down because I'm over the quidelines.  Her only chance was for us to find a machine, my prayers were answered this morning.  Libby told me during the night that she was tired of fighting to breathe and I was afraid she was giving up, I just told her a machine will be here soon and she smiled, this means so much to the both of us.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »
The shipping label has been sent to Sonnie's daughter.  She is pretty busy today, but she is going to try to find a way to get it picked up.

Gary, you nailed it.  Without question, Sonnie is a super guy!!!!

When Sonnie first called telling me what his plan was it made me very emotional!  Pat and I  have been having trouble dealing with the thought of the terrible pain Sonnie and his family have been going through and the fact that we will not get to see Patti again.

BK, thanks for bring this to our attention.

Sonnie, what can we say?  Words don't work right now.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

cody

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:46:21 AM »
You guys have probably saved libby's life, she's mean and evil but she's all I got and she means a lot to me.  I just don't know what to say.

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »
... my prayers were answered this morning.  ...

Praise God!  I am certain a lot of prayers just got answered with that news.  I am very happy for you.  It will still be a struggle but as you noted, with the right equipment you and your daughter can do it.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:56:38 AM »
Well first off I want everybody to know that the PM was not meant as a slap in the face! I didn't take it as one and I didn't re-post it as one! To me it was a sobering wake up call, and not wanting to "put it up in CODY's face" I weighed the thought on post or not. So I posted it, so CODY could see that we care, but that he was gonna have to swallow that pride and ask anyone & anywhere he could! I know how proud CODY is, and I can agree with being proud. But this is Libby's health or life we are dealing with which to me is worth more than $, pride or anything else!

BOTTOM LINE IS I AM PROUD TO SEE WE HAVE GOTTEN SOME ASSISTANCE FOR LIBBY & CODY NO MATTER WHAT IT TOOK TO DO IT!

Thank you Sonnie & Jim! Also thanks to all who wished well, and had great intentions!

Also thanks for the wake up call, you know who you are and you know how you meant it, and how I took it! I do appreciate it!

;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline BG6

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »

Now what we all know CODY IS PROUD, and doesn't want all this fuss about them!

After all those years of paying into the system, now it's time to take back out.  Pride shouldn't be an issue, any more than it's an issue when you take money out of your bank account at an ATM.

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »
I just learn this about oxygen news that Libby needs. While waiting for the shipment from wonderful supporter Sonnie...is there any way she have bottle oxygen until the other gets there? Drug store with doctor slip should be able get all you the need.

In the mean time...praying is the most important to keep her alive.

Gerald & Lynette
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes reading these posts!
Ya'll done good!
Love to all!
Jack-N-Dianne
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline rusty

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
Cody, Hang in there every one is pulling for Libby and you. Thank you Sonnie, Patti would  be proud of the selfless jesture you made. Thank you Jim and Pat for your help. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lin and Wayne

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »
WOW!!!!!!

You guys are Amazing!!!

Our Prayers are with all involved.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »
There are some incredible folks here. Way to go BK... you got the ball rolling and what can anyone say about the generosity of Sonnie and everyone else who pitched in. This is a model of how people help people and make this the greatest country in the world. Cody can be proud of the friends he has indeed!! Keep those prayers on the way everybody! Later
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline busshawg

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »
Please don't be scared to ask for anything else you may need Cody, life is easier as a trusting group supporting one another. What a wonderful thing to do Sonnie. All the best Cody.

Grant
Have Fun!!
Grant

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
Cody,

This is good news! And you're right Sonnie is one heck of a guy, just ask anyone that knows him.

I'm so happy that help is on the way. Tell Libby to keep smiling, because an angel just smiled down on her!

Well Done!

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

cody

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
Sonny just called, the oxygen machine is on it's way, UPS just picked it up.  Jim Shepard provided the shipping, I just don't know how to thank everyone.  We got some special people here on the board. 

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
We really do have special people here Cody and you and Libby are two of them.
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal