Author Topic: wheel studs for 1983 MCI MC9  (Read 4349 times)

Offline jeffacc

• 1983 MC9
wheel studs for 1983 MCI MC9
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:43:46 PM »
  Need help finding a source for wheel studs for a 1983 MC9 NJT hub piloted. I will need longer studs for aluminum ALCOA rims IBP told me to get them from MCI so I called them and they wont have them until August if anyone has a source or a manufacture # I would be gratefull.
                                                                                         Thanks Jeff

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Re: wheel studs for 1983 MCI MC9
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »
Might check with Luke at US Coach 1-888-COACH34 or do what I am trying. I removed on of the studs and took it to a big truck parts store. I asked them if they could get me indentical studa 3/8" longer on the wheel part. I have to check with them tomorrow to see if they found any.  I will post the results here.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline LUKE at US COACH

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »
HI Jeff and Folks:

Yes, Jeff, we do have them in stock, and Thank you Jack for providing our toll free number.

Happy and SAFE!! Bussin' this Holiday weekend and always.

LUKE at US COACH

belfert

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 07:32:55 AM »
I thought MCI only had problems keeping stock on parts for the Dina coaches.  You would think a wheel stud for a 102A3 would be a common item.

The tie rods for my Dina were supposed to have been at MCI in mid May and they didn't show up until mid June.  Luckily, C&J got the part while my bus was still in the shop.

Brian Elfert

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
I thought MCI only had problems keeping stock on parts for the Dina coaches.  You would think a wheel stud for a 102A3 would be a common item.
The tie rods for my Dina were supposed to have been at MCI in mid May and they didn't show up until mid June.  Luckily, C&J got the part while my bus was still in the shop.
Brian Elfert

Brian I bought the last studs for a 102A3 from MCI around the first of the year (seriously the girl on the phone told me when I ordered them, that I was getting everyone they had instock!), but I sure would've thought they would've restocked by now!  Also what did ya find on the wondering in yer steering? BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal