Author Topic: And the Good News is......  (Read 2355 times)

Ncbob

And the Good News is......
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »
Traveled over to Dave's Coach & Truck today and the first great surprise was that I had the opportunity not only to meet Uncle Ned, and his dad, but to go to lunch with them.  We had a party!  Great guys...both!

And the rest of the story I that the "Road Princess" MIGHT be finished by tomorrow evening!  For sure that put a hitch in my gitalong!

Now, if I can only get Sarge to lift one cheek I might be able to slide the checkbook out from under her and pick it up either on Saturday or Monday.  Since Dave doesn't normally work on Saturday I really wouldn't want to put him out on a day off...y'know having to get behind the wheel of my baby and show me how all the things he did will make her much more of a Princess than she was.  I know, even though he's a solid even tempered guy, he won't have the touch and the soft loving hands that she's used to. ;)

But I sure do want to hear those Jakes snort at about 2000 RPM's when he takes his foot off the pedal! ;D

Everything he's done has been done with a great deal of craftsmanship so I know this guy loves buses.  And no, I'm not on his payroll. :'(

Final report when I get down off Black Mountain, Balsam and Cowee Mountain. ;)

NCbob

Dallas

Re: And the Good News is......
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:46:40 PM »
Sounds great Bob!
After all your problems with the old girl, It'll be good to hear her purr.

Oh, and the bus should be much better too! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(Sorry Jackie, Cat will chastize me severely when she gets home!) :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D

Melody ( to the tune of the Chilis Ad).....♫♫♫... Bob's gettin' his baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back!♫♫♫ [/b]

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: And the Good News is......
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:30:23 PM »
Dallas that last reply reminded me of a rib commercial from some place I know I've heard it on the radio somewhere! But right now it made me hungry so I'll try'n remember where I heard it and let ya know when I get back from Applebee's and some baby back ribs!

Oh yeah Bob glad to hear ya might be get'n yer Baby back about Wednsday. (Tuesday is the 4th of July & also the birthday of this great nation even if it controled from such a lame gubberment!) Opps didn't mean to put a damper on yer parade, ya might wanna go over during the day and wait fer it and then camp out inhis lot and come home Saturday morn'n! Jest a thought! I  jest found out it was a holiday week-end about 5 PM tonight! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)