Author Topic: Look what I found  (Read 6494 times)

Offline Peabody

• Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat
    • Opal Dragon Creations
Look what I found
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:23:59 AM »
http://www.poulsborv.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09552576X3K16K2009J8I08I14JAMQ3616R0&veh=918346

While surfing the net day dreaming,thinking someday our money situation will turn around.She popped up think she is waiting for me.lol If I can't have her sure wish she could find a home. Big Hugs Peabody
Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans

Offline Singing Land Cruiser

• Michael & Christi Hargis
  • Found another Bus= '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71
    • michaelhargis.com
Re: Look what I found
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »
Nice But, prob pricy. lots of gold M&C
Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
RV Park MGRS/ Sans End RV Park
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
'77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »
Must be a sign she's been waiting for you.

Nice looking bus in the photos. Wonder if she shows as well in person. 

How much $$$ are they asking?  I always figure the price is out of line if they don't post it on the ad.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:30:55 AM »
She's in good shape and when I put my search on hold they had her at $35,000,more than I want to pay.For this beauty to work for me I'd have to redo the inside,right now she is set up as an entertainer bus not motor home.I had someone take a look at her and was told there was some very minor rust that was fixable.Had the economy not taken a nose dive she might have been sitting in my driveway. Big Hugs Peabody

Offline belfert

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
Has anyone ever sold a conversion without a fresh engine rebuild?  It seems like almost all of the ads mention that.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

cody

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Yep, thats how life works, any one that wants to sell a bus/car/truck/moped, has to first pay to get the engine rebuilt so it can be listed on the ad for a fraction of the rebuild cost, it's in the car salesman code book, paragraph three, just above the 'only driven to church' catagory.

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:48:24 AM »
 ;D lol Big Hugs Peabody

Offline belfert

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »
I bet a lot of these "fresh engine rebuilds" you're lucky if they even checked the oil.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
When i bought mine the dealer that had it told me he thought it had 50,000 miles on a rebuild. When i contacted the owner about some other things he told me that when i picked it up it only had 13,000 miles on a rebuild. :)
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Airbag

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
That's very nice. But consider this, It will sit at one point or another and it tells a thief WOW if there's gold on the outside there's got to be platnuim on the inside.

Blacksheep

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
Aren't those the same pictures of the same old gold Eagle that was listed on here about a year ago and the year before that too?

Ace

cody

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »
Yep ace, same bus.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
Hey Peabody, She's waiting for you to come get her!

I'm in Vancouver for the next three weeks, maybe I'll go check it out and take lots of pics.

What location is the bus in? Didn't realize they have several.

~Paul~

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »
Not sure which Paulsbo Rv now, last I heard she was in Vancouver.Only go look if you  want to see this unique bus cause I can't buy her any time soon.Call ask to talk to Les he's who I talked to several months back. Big Hugs Peabody

Offline NJT 5573

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
I saw this bus about a year ago. It is real rough.  I don't think it could be worth more than $15,000. Based on my observations, I would choose another bus anyway.
"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »
Where did you see her.I had one of the bus nuts from this forum look at her he said it wasn't in bad shape.Just wondering?
Big Hugs Peabody

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
I'm might go see here just because it's another Eagle! Rough or not, I'll take it all in.

I figured since you, Peabody, had another coach it was just a dream anyway.

Gotta add some Eagle Picutres to my albums! ;)

~Paul~

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »
Truthfully how many Goldens are left and driveable. It is worthy of a look see right.You are right I do have a coach not a bus but I got as close as I could what is missing is metal skins the guts is bus.That's my final answer and I'm sticking to it.lol
If you go plz take pics I'd like to see better ones than what they took.Big Hugs Peabody

Offline NJT 5573

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »
Peabody,

The 01 was parked at Paulsbows yard in Kent. It was parked along the northbound side of the freeway in their sales yard for sometime.

Everyone views these things in their own way. There are certainly enough 01 parts there to give someone with a pot of gold a great start on an 01.

It has been a year since I looked at this coach. If my poor memory is right, it needed rubber and brakes soon, had a water leak around the radiator that they were working on and needed both sides of the water changed out for something better.

I think the drivers seat was a worn out air ride truck seat and remember nothing about the rest of the interior because I think I thought it was pretty much junk yard stuff, could be wrong, but I usually find something to like about any coach that I take back for my own use and I don't recall anything about this one.

Its possible that the 318 and standard 4 speed biased me from the beginning. I have gone that route, (05), its acceptable, but it is still something that is no longer good enough for me. Turbocharged engines are so much nicer.

You can buy alot of bus for $10 or $15 grand right now. Turbo engine, Allison transmission, aluminum wheels, etc. If you have $35 grand, you may be able to find an inline series 60 Detroit setup, check with Russ.

If the 01 is still here in Kent, I would go over it with you and try to see it from your eyes as well as mine, let me know.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 10:23:28 AM »
I'm in agreement with you,I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 if that.I love the outside looks of this bus the inside is useless to me doesn't fit my needs at all.It was in the Kent yard when I first spotted it also,but didn't call on it till they had moved it.Not interested in buying that Eagle the inside work alone would break my bank plus I know of the rust that needs to be attended to but it is an Eagle so I guess that comes with the territory,lol.Paulsbo has had this bus for a long time I know,funny they hang onto it and haven't sent it to  auction yet. Big Hugs Peabody

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal