Author Topic: New Girl, Seattle area, just bought 1975 flxible transit dull convers. has ?'s  (Read 10478 times)

Offline kbunnystarr

First off, THANX ROSS! for all the info so far!! Im getting the pic that the Sdak and winter idea needs to be...rethought......:o)  am doing so.  And thank you for the lead to this site.

ok, questions:  is there anyone in my area that would be willing to meet up with me and my bus for  lunch and chat? 

If I donttake the us to sdak, which even my mom is saying WOW to all the info you guys sent, the other option is to find a place in Southern CA, by where my sister is.  SHe has brain cancer and her time is limited, with her 13 yr old, anywya, her uppity resdental area is out for the bus, but I am having a real hard time trying to find a place to park, to live in, on a monthly in southern ca, long beach area or there abouts............where does everyone go, that is on a budget?  I have a 39' 1975 flxible and it seems to be too long or too old for alot of places.......can anyone offer advice on where full timers on a budget go? 

More to come.  I am in hopes I am not annoying, I am 36 yr old female, and thisis my first bus, all new to me..ut I want ot make it my life, live an dwork out of, so I have alot to learn.

Thanx for your patience and advice.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Welcome to the board kbunnystarr,

Glad you're here.  We have some members in your area so hopefully you will get some helpful responses.

Welcome aboard!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline kbunnystarr

thanx for the welcome ;D

Ace

WOW, 36 year old single female with her own bus!!!! ???

Wait, what am I thinking? I already own a bus!

Yea that's it!  ::)

Ace

Offline littlehouse

kbunnystarr
my wife & i have two buses, it's a real bad habit but it's so much fun. one of them is a '72 flex. we live in Kent Wa. i have the
maintance manual from portland city transit on this model bus. it has everything you might want to know about this bus in it.
if you would like to come by and make a copy of the manual i'd love to here what your plans are, or are you already done
with your convertion. if interested contact granmajan@yahoo.com
ray & jan with the littlehouse on wheels
I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!

Offline TomC

I have an '77 AMGeneral that I bought from Portland transit authority that is converted.  I live in Los Angeles and yes finding a spot to park can be a challenge.  There are RV parks scattered around that will facilitate older conversions (don't much like the snootiness of ANY RV park that has restrictions-except if the bus looks like a dump).  Some of the areas that I know that the RV parks are in around Los Angeles are Pomona, Long Beach, a bunch around Anaheim, wouldn't consider Newport Dunes-WAY to expensive, Valencia, couple a small ones in San Fernando Valley, San Diego (know Campland on the Bay has alot of snow birds that stay long time).  Also, there are a couple of converters here-MAK who runs this board also does converting!  If we know what city in southern cal you want to be in, that would help.  Sorry to here about your sister-that's something no one wants.  Good Luck,TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline kbunnystarr

MUST have book suggestions?
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 09:21:50 AM »
 ???I ordered the mapquest 2006 rv and campsites guide and atlas, , but there are 1000 others, confused, any suggestions on ones you wouldnt be without? or sites on line to get them? Frommers CG Guide & a new TL Directory & Woodalls have been mentioned alot, but there are alot from them as well, which ones specifically?

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: MUST have book suggestions?
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »
Bunny, I moved this request from the help board to the main board where it should get more attention. I also combined it with your previous message so everybody could more easily follow it.

Please let me know if this does not meet with your approval and I will change it back.
And welcome to the MAK board.
Richard

???I ordered the mapquest 2006 rv and campsites guide and atlas, , but there are 1000 others, confused, any suggestions on ones you wouldnt be without? or sites on line to get them? Frommers CG Guide & a new TL Directory & Woodalls have been mentioned alot, but there are alot from them as well, which ones specifically?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline kbunnystarr

what ever you think is best to get responses on book suggestions.  thanx !!

Offline kbunnystarr

Hi and thanx for wiritng!  I am looking around the redondo area, long beach area,
santa monica, laguna , anywhere around there...but mainly longbeach area, need as
much advice as i can get :o)

My sister is considering moving to lake havasu  ity also, so lookin into there as
well.

you can see my bus on sellabus under flxible, it is in the center row, second line
.....all white, its not an eyesore, but it is older, so any help you cna give.

thanx so much!

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

I know KOA has a Work Kamper program, you could try the National park systems too.  Get on google and you'll find more. 

Welcome, Good Luck, and keep us posted :)
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Dallas

There are many places with work camper programs.
Do a search on Google for "Work Camper", "Workcamper", and "Workkampers"
You'll get lot's of hits, then just filter through them until you find the ones you want more information on.
Good Luck!

Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

My wife just turned 72. Wonder how I go about trading her for two 36's? Especially if one of them had a bus! Two busses would be even better. ::) LOL
Richard
six to go

WOW, 36 year old single female with her own bus!!!! ???

Wait, what am I thinking? I already own a bus!

Yea that's it!  ::)

Ace
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Ncbob

Richard, I doubt you're wired for 2-40 let alone 2-36.  "If wishes were horses all begger's would ride". ;)

Don't remember who wrote that but he was smarter'n me. :D

Bob

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Har de har har har!
Richard

Richard, I doubt you're wired for 2-40 let alone 2-36.  "If wishes were horses all begger's would ride". ;)

Don't remember who wrote that but he was smarter'n me. :D

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal