Author Topic: I looked over the Membership Roster today and.....  (Read 27566 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: I looked over the Membership Roster today and.....
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 06:31:09 PM »
Members New and Old,

I LOVE BUSSES!  New, Old, Not Converted, Converted, Yourself, Or Not........

I get ideas from all who post. I can't get enough!     OK......I'm Addicted!

I also love helping Folks out, Even if I don't know, I'll try!   

FRIENDS------Lot's of Friends Here...... Who I can relate to.   Even my good personal friends don't know me like you guy's!

DON'T BE AFRAID TO POST!!!!   I'll Listen...

Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 06:43:34 PM »
Because of the boards, I have met some great friends in the area thru 2000+ miles away.

And remember, there is one in every crowd! Be glad when you see him and welcome him because if you don't see him, that means its your turn ;D
Soooooo, NewbeeMC9, I now know why you are so helpful to me.

;D
Yes. I’d like to do more of a period interior look, but still keep some modern conveniences for safety and reliability.
Hey Brill-o, that is my plan too. When I got my scenicruiser, lots of people told me I had made a poor choice in shells due to age, not made any more, bla, bla, bla. All I know is that I love the look of it & that is all that matters for me.

I think your Brill is so cool! I wish I could offer more assistance as I would love to take part in returning her to glory.

The greatest thing about the boards is all the variety!
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline BJ

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »
I have been recieving the BC Mag from the first year it was published. I am finishing my third and last comversion. Have owned conversions, traveled and and lived in them for 30 years. Driver charters for 8 years and do most of my own repalirs. Why am I telling you all this?.. The reason I don't use this link much, even though I do read it @ day is that when in the past I have tried to put my two cents in about some repair or quote out of a manual (which I own many) I have been shamed, balled out, belittled and actually deleated. There are many good things about this board but there is a lot of ******also. I do enjoy this board but as far as voicying my experience or that of my employee who has spent 50 years in the bus business I am very hesistance from past treatment.. ;D

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
BJ,

I belive your referring to the old MAK Board. There are Moderators watching now, and almost all the time too. We wont let that stuff happen anymore.

Any knolagable answer to any post will not be Shamed around here anymore. We moderators will put it out to trash!!!

Truth is, your answer, Right or Wrong is a valuable asset to the person asking the question....

From all answers, the asker now has a tool to weigh in and develop his own path to take!

With that said, All slander and bad mouthing will not be tollorated! We will DELETE..

With Reguards-
Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »
I can't imagine continuing my conversion efforts without the insights found on this board. I have read comments both pro and con on several issues and appreciate all viewpoints. I have saved thousands of dollars by reading ALL comments on topics of interest.

I also look forward to hearing from brand new "nuts" as I can relate to the anxiety and frustrations as you begin this journey. I also like reading comments from the experts who's bloody knuckles and lighter wallets help me to stay focused.

I must say that I have recently enjoyed the travel comments and the weekly jokes. Often we take ourselves too seriously and that can't be good long term. Reading posts, watching the chats and eventually meeting folks face to face has really made the ability to handle this crazy disease so much easier.

No matter your station, no matter the condition of your ride, and no matter you different viewpoint, I for one look forward each day to reading posts and learning new things. Please keep it going!

Grant 8)
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »
I was one of those that would read the posts but never post myself. My inability to spell was a cause of great intimidation. I found ways around it though. I started posting because I felt that everyone was made to feel welcome and the board was well supervised. Once I started to post and found out how easy and rewarding it was, it is no big deal now. I have never met anyone here in person, but I feel as though all are genuine, helpful and kind. We all have a common bond, and that makes for a good foundation for what this place has become, a place to share our interest, knowledge, and to build friendships. I thank you all.
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 04:43:15 AM »
Over the years, through our Bussin' rallies, FMCA chapters we belong to, busnuts that have stopped by our place, and our travels, we have had the pleasure to personally meet huindreds of busnts. I can tell you that 99.9% are very down to earth, genuine peolpe that will do anything possible to help you. The only other group we have found like this is the people we meet at the Bluegrass Music Festivals. In any group there will always be a few that are not quite as nice as the rest, but, Hey, it takes a couple a$$hole to make us appreciate all the nice people.  LOL  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 08:12:23 AM »
Well, it appears that you have successfully resolved your spelling problems. Congratulations.

I also was formerly intimidated by my lack of spelling skills, due primarily to my lack of formal education. One room schoolhouses offered very little in the way of English language training. LOL That is the reason that I will not post any message without running it thru a spell check.

Richard

I was one of those that would read the posts but never post myself. My inability to spell was a cause of great intimidation. I found ways around it though. I started posting because I felt that everyone was made to feel welcome and the board was well supervised. Once I started to post and found out how easy and rewarding it was, it is no big deal now. I have never met anyone here in person, but I feel as though all are genuine, helpful and kind. We all have a common bond, and that makes for a good foundation for what this place has become, a place to share our interest, knowledge, and to build friendships. I thank you all.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:15 AM »
My spill chick done work worth a dam.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
I can recommend a couple of others if you like! LOL
Richard

Len
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »
Ok since I have one of the biggest mouths on the board I'll chime in (you'd expect it from a big mouth wouldn't you?) first off I fell over laffing at some of the responses! Ok then I saw a quote I know was meant for me because I'd heard it so many times myself !
"My Grandad always told me it is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."
( I actually heard it in his own voice, as I read it aloud!)
and then it made me remember another quote from his truely better half my grandmother who'd always tell my younger cousins (I think only when I was around !)
"No body is completely useless, They can always be used as a bad example !"
( I was always tempted, but never brave enough to ask if she was refering to me!!! I think she was!)
Now as everyone knows I am not afraid to remove all doubt as I usually do! And I always try to be helpful as a bad example when & where ever I can! Now on the issue of "must build his own" I don't even own a conversion (never have and maybe never will!) But that does not make me (or anyone else less of a nut ! (Opps I meant busnut!) But I love working on buses, and I have done so for a while now, and my father and I own a small charter bus company (that should certify us as nuts!) Anyway I'm by far no expert but I always try to lend my 1st hand experience (the second one is still too sore "Busted Knuckle") too any and all in need if I have any or I'm around to do so! I'm not always here to post (just look for the times when the board is quiet) as I still run up and down the hwys! (just got back from a 4 day, 1 night trip and still wore out from it! 3 bus loads of people from Dyersburg, TN to Lubbock, TX by way of Dallas for a wedding and back whoo what a trip ! Although with the exception of the unit I was driving blowing a steer tire at 70 mph, was a good trip!)
Now as far as Brill-o goes I never even new how cool a Brill was until his first post, but I read each and every one as soon as I can! (and I usually try to post even though I have no useable info on a Brill to offer him, but he's a nut, just the same the same the rest of us! (opps I meant busnut again)
I sometimes get a little carried away posting little jabs and goofy things, but I always try to offer any help I can on any subects I know about (even as few as that is !) So to all ya'll lurkers get on those keyboards and post something once in a while just to remind those of us who do it too much there are others out there! Oh boy did I just type all that ? Opps gotta go! Still ain't caught up on company biz yet, after all the boards more important than that ain't it? BK  ;D

:) ;) We gonna have a Blast at Knuckle's TN Fall Bus Bash on Halloweeen weekend ! ;D 8) ::)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »
I can recommend a couple of others if you like! LOL
Richard
Len
Richard try using it on the word bus plural I've always known it too  be buses (just never corrected you until you offered up some spell checking!) LOL ! Just joking ! Don't kick me off the board! BK  ;D

:) ;) :D Knuckle's TN Bus Bash is Oct 26 thru 31  ;D :o 8)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
And I skip some of the direct queries about certain coaches because I have zero ideas or input. Heck, sometimes I can’t even figure out what’s being discussed. Many here are so used to the parts names or abbreviations, that they fire off the questions and blokes like me see it as all Greek.

Exact same reason why I don't respond to questions about Brills! :D

Seriously, I'm the perfect example of someone who has and will probably continue to stick his/her foot in his/her mouth.  . or her foot in his mouth ???. . .whatever the case may be!  I figure that we all know that none of us are perfect. . .well, there are a few here that are pretty darn close.  . but we all have something to learn from each other.  I think I learn more when I participate than when I sit on the sidelines. . . it seems that way anyway :-\. . . sometimes I learn that I can embarrass myself :-[, but sometimes I just find out that someone knows a better way.  

As a girl, (not grown up enough to be a woman yet ;)), it's very hard for me to put myself out there, because I know you guys have so much more knowledge on all things mechanical than I do, but I just do it figuring that I've got to learn this stuff one way or the other, and if I wear big sunglasses at any bus gathering, no one will recognize me anyway!   ;D

Personally, I wish everyone would post more often, ask more questions, give more answers, because I'd like to learn as much as possible before we get so far along on our bus that we have to back down and redo something because we've learned there is a better way!  Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Ncbob

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
Y'know, Bryce, we can always expect the unexpected from you and, as alway, it's refreshing. :)

Anyone who's been on this board for any length of time knows, that despite of your size and bleeding knuckles, you're just a big warm fuzzy!  ;)

If anyone deserves the title of "BusNut", m'friend you've earned it the hard way. :-*  Washing and cleaning, picking up after slobs, and 'keepin' 'em rolling' is as close to shoveling the ashes out of Hell than I could possibly imagine.

Keep your great sense of humor and your love of buses and Busnuts 'cause there's a place for you.  (But I'm not gonna tell you where!)

Bob

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Keep your great sense of humor and your love of buses and Busnuts 'cause there's a place for you.  (But I'm not gonna tell you where!)
Bob

Hey Bob, guess what I never get lost because someone's always tell'n me where to go! LOL!  And shucks I was just a plain ol' nut long before I became a busnut! LOL BK ;D

::) 8) ;D The Fall TN Bus Bash at Knuckle's is gaonna be a Halloween Party too! ;D ;)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal