Author Topic: were outta here!  (Read 8703 times)

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
were outta here!
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:06:58 AM »
   Well, 3:30 am and were leaving.  3 or 4 hrs. behind but that will make a nice theme for the trip. would have been allot harder with out you guys helping,BK,NCBOB,Dallas,TOMC,ONELAPER ,Richard,Nick  and anyone else I'm missing. Can't thank you guys enough!! Will send some pictures of the trip when I get to a hot spot. Hope you all had a great 4th of July..........Later    Tucson

P.S>   Will write if I find work!!
we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!

Dallas

Re: were outta here!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:20:08 AM »
Have a great trip and Drive it like you own it!

We'll be waiting for a blow by blow recap of the travels and tribulations of your trip!

Dallas

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »
And don't be afraid of Hiway 1 up the coast of CA, either!!   :D ;D :o
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 06:37:26 AM »
Please let us know your opinion of this after you navigate the area north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate park area. LOL
Richard

And don't be afraid of Hiway 1 up the coast of CA, either!!   :D ;D :o
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »
TT,

Have an awsome trip..    I know what you feel like right now.....King Of The Road!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »
Tucson just glad we were able to be of help and you are getting to enjoy it!

Dallas
We'll be waiting for a blow by blow recap of the travels and tribulations of your trip!

That's supposed to be Drive it like ya stole it! (with a DD 2 stroke!) & I sure hope Tucson doesn't have the trouble I had this past weekend ! (blew out a steer tire at 70 MPH with 45 people on board! During a 4 day 1 night trip to Lubbock, TX!) BK ;D

;) :D The TN Fall Bus Bash is gonna be at Knuckle's Oct 26-31 Bring a costume!  ;D :o 8)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 04:42:05 AM »
During a 4 day 1 night trip to Lubbock, TX

BK,
  How do you get 4 days and 1 night? I thought each day had a night to go with it   Is that a Texas thing?   LOL
Inquiring minds want to know!   Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Dallas

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:49:16 AM »
Tucson just glad we were able to be of help and you are getting to enjoy it!

Dallas

That's supposed to be Drive it like ya stole it! (with a DD 2 stroke!) & I sure hope Tucson doesn't have the trouble I had this past weekend ! (blew out a steer tire at 70 MPH with 45 people on board! During a 4 day 1 night trip to Lubbock, TX!) BK ;D

;) :D The TN Fall Bus Bash is gonna be at Knuckle's Oct 26-31 Bring a costume!  ;D :o 8)

Bryce,

Years ago I worked at a gravel pit operating a front end loader.
I was told to always ask if the driver owned the pickup I was loading or if it was borrowed.
The difference was that if the guy owned it, I'd load it carefully to the max GVW.
If it was borrowed, well, let's say we'd load it until the tires were mashed!

There use to be lots of little piles of gravel and pieces of tire on the side of the road out of our pit!

Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 05:32:26 AM »
No Jack, that is a Tennessee thing! LOL
Richard

During a 4 day 1 night trip to Lubbock, TX

BK,
  How do you get 4 days and 1 night? I thought each day had a night to go with it   Is that a Texas thing?   LOL
Inquiring minds want to know!   Jack
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 08:49:31 AM »
It's actually a charter customer thing! Let's travel all day and all night to get there, spend 1 night in the hotel have the wedding and travel all night and all day to get back home! Who cares if the driver has rest or not! Sure we understand that there are rules on hrs the driver are allowed to be on duty, but this is our heritage traition (Hindu Indian) and much more important than that other goofy stuff! BK  ;D

;D :D ;) Halloween at Knuckle's TN Fall Bus Bash! :) ::) 8)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »
OK, BK, how in the dickens did you enter that trip in your logbook???

Let me rephrase that:  How in the dickens did you legally enterthat trip in your DOT Logbook???   :o  :o  :o

It's actually a charter customer thing! Let's travel all day and all night to get there, spend 1 night in the hotel have the wedding and travel all night and all day to get back home! Who cares if the driver has rest or not! Sure we understand that there are rules on hrs the driver are allowed to be on duty, but this is our heritage traition (Hindu Indian) and much more important than that other goofy stuff! BK  ;D

1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Huck.A.Buck

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »
Russ, ever heard of loose leaf log books?  Ya that's right! I'm an ex-chicken hauler/rooster crusier (do you know the differance ? LOL) , no this trip wasn't even close to being legal even with 2 spare drivers (5 drivers, 3 buses) but then again it wasn't run as it was planned either! Every time we stopped they told us we'd leave at * time and EVERYTIME we left 1.5 -2 hrs after that ! After I blew the tire it took an hour to get them loaded in the other 2 buses! Then we went 1 mile down the rd. to a rest area, everyone was told only get off if you must we have to make up lost time and we'll only be here 5 minutes! (Guess what?  Everyone got off!  And we were there 2 hrs!) I truely beleive this was the most stressful bus trip I've ever had ! (even worse than Katrina & Rita relief runs were we didn't even take log books with because we were exempted from it!)   Oh yeah by the way as far as logs, or any other records go this trip never happened ( now that everyone is home safely!) That's ok we'll be prepared for the next one! (yeah they got 3 more weddings coming up this yr!, But we'll be in control next time!)  BK  ;D (using Scotty's computer at the moment!)

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 05:03:31 PM »
Well folks were on the beach at Half Moon Bay, got little umbrilas in our drinks and the kids are burried in the sand. life is sweet. Did have a little argumeht with the mountain at raggid point, mountain won...  nothing a little sledg hammer work and a coupel of bay door skins won't fix.well gotta go if I can remember where I burried the kids..............write more latter................Tucson
we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!

Offline coachconverter

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 06:39:29 PM »
I'm sure you've seen this by now, but the 1 is closed North of Hlaf Moon Bay, at Devil's Slide.  Was there last week on vacation and had to detour off the 1 over to 880.  If you're in Half Moon and wanting to go north, just take 92 East to 880 N.

Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal