Author Topic: An inexpensive way to keep the bus a little cooler in the Summer  (Read 3126 times)

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
 If your  bus sits outside every day and the sun beats thru the windshields (makes it like an oven inside, right?) here's an inexpensive tip that really helps- get a peice of foil backed insulation Celotex type product in the 4x 8 sheet and block the bus windsheilds with it. EZ-Hold the wiper blades back and slide it in place. (outside of windshield)  It will rest on the wiper shafts and release the blades and they will hold it in place. I'll post a pic of mine today. You will not beleive the heat that it relects back. It will make a big time difference in the interior temp of the bus. It did make a lot of difference when I had my curtains in place that I could close to block the sun, but the celotex outside works even better. Of course, its not something that would be recccomended at the campground tho........ ;)
   One caveat however, the celotex is unsightly, but my bus can't be seen from the road or neighbors house anyway.
reduce heat for $10........what a deal!
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: An inexpensive way to keep the bus a little cooler in the Summer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »
Thanks Chuck,

Good info.

Nick
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
Re: An inexpensive way to keep the bus a little cooler in the Summer
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:24 PM »
I am very interested, please post pics when you get them.

Thanks
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal