Author Topic: Who will be attending BusnUSA rally in Rickreal, OR July 13-16, 2006?  (Read 22438 times)

Offline Larry O

Re: Who will be attending BusnUSA rally in Rickreal, OR July 13-16, 2006?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »
Hope to be there as well.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »
Well lets see if I could get a bunch of bus nuts to charter a bus up there I could make it! How 'bout guys pool yer $ and leave the drivin to Me! ;D 8) knuckle 8) ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline DC_Bus_Nut

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 09:28:14 PM »
Faster & Cheaper out of BWI on Southwest Knuckle. Hop on over to Nashville and talk to SouthWest Airlines.

E

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 08:32:07 AM »
Faster & Cheaper out of BWI on Southwest Knuckle. Hop on over to Nashville and talk to SouthWest Airlines.

E
Yeah but look at the fun we'd be missing along the way! Can you harrass the pilot and get away with it? Not! Can a group of bus nuts say hey pilot pull over here we wanna check this or that out? Not! Will the plane pick you up, and drop you off exactly where ya wanna be? Not! Does the plane have air brakes in case of emergency to use to pull over and wait for a tow plane?LOL! Not! See chartering a bus has advantages!  ;D    Knuckle   ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »
We attended in 2004 but missed last year.  Not sure if we'll get that far west this summer, but maybe.  I wonder how far in advance of the rally is the absolute cut-off date for registration to be included for meals, etc. 

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:16:24 PM »
I can be thinking about you guys until my bus gets ready  :( 

A later event...

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline DC_Bus_Nut

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »
Linda, you could probably register at the gate....I'd call the host to confirm though.  http://busnusa.com/

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 10:51:11 AM »
Organizing an event of this magnitude is always a challenge. 

One of the most demanding is trying to plan for the food.  When folks "drop in" it can creat a terrible problem for Joe and the great folks who order the food and do the fantasitc cooking.  Joe plans extraordinary meals and orders very special cuts of meat from a special supplier and has to submit that order in advance.  Of course, he plans for some margin, but if many folks wait unitl the very last minute it really creates a problem. 
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Rich (Prevost)

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
Bus Nuts who's bus' are not yet finished......GO TO THIS RALLY. You will see some of the most incredible ideas to carry back to your own coach. Fly, drive, train....stay at a hotel. One of the best rally's I have ever been to.

The Best Western in Dallas is great.......close to WalMart. Hotel is pretty new.....Still can't get use to the full service gas stations.....

Rich

Offline BJW

• Always Follow Your Dream!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 02:40:13 PM »
Bus Nuts who's bus' are not yet finished......GO TO THIS RALLY. You will see some of the most incredible ideas to carry back to your own coach. Fly, drive, train....stay at a hotel. One of the best rally's I have ever been to.

The Best Western in Dallas is great.......close to WalMart. Hotel is pretty new.....Still can't get use to the full service gas stations.....

Rich

To add to Rich's comments,  Bring your incomplete bus project, too.  People love to see what's "under the hood" of a bus conversion.   There is vitually every level of completed buses there at the Rally, from Marathon (generally) to someone who just bought thier bus shell and have not started it.   It IS the best place to get ideas and ask advise from people that have actually done the work of converting a bus.  Lots of good information, GREAT food and a wonderful place to make new friends.   Well worth the effort of going.... :)
BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »

Rich
Get a group together an charter a bus! I can recommend a great company tht will be flexible with pick up/ drop off points and schedules!
:) ;) :D ;D 8) Knuckle 8) ;D :D ;) :)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline David Anderson

• just outside San Antonio TX
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »
Can't go this year, but we came up from Texas last year.  Here we are on the way at Diamond Lake Oregon.  Notice the snow on the mountain.  This was the most beautiful park we stayed at.

Our trusted Oreo is guarding the door.

Offline Catskinner!

Patti and I will be there again this year.  We were there laast year and really enjoyed it.
It was nice to see some of the West Coast people that we havent seen before,
we also made a 8000 mile trip out of it and had a wonderful time, also got to see
lots of beautiful Country.

Hey! Jim Shepherd
If you are afraid that Series 60 might have some trouble with some of the Passes,
just let me know when you are going and I will come along and give you a Tow
With My CAT.   HA!  HA!  Just Kidding

Catskinner!
Sonnie and Patti Gray
72 0/5 EAGLE 3406 cat
Pottsboro, Texas

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
Sonnie, Very Funny!! :D

I did offer to do the engine conversion seminar that you and I did in Arcadia for Bussin 2006, but Dick said that they had too many seminars lined up already.  Would have been fun!!!!

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline ceieio

• MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740
  • 1973 MCI 7
Sonnie, Very Funny!! :D

I did offer to do the engine conversion seminar that you and I did in Arcadia for Bussin 2006, but Dick said that they had too many seminars lined up already.  Would have been fun!!!!

Jim - Put on a pot of coffee (or better yet a nice cobbler in a dutch oven) and do an informal pitch bus-side some evening.  That could be real fun!  Might even be better with the bus right there for "show and tell".  That may make for a real long day for you but I bet you would get a group to show up!

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal