Author Topic: DD + GM parts..BARN FULL  (Read 11184 times)

Offline JohnEd

DD + GM parts..BARN FULL
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:04:31 AM »
All,

I went over to what used to be a "Bus Co. Maint Shop and storehouse" with a friend.  I understand that the owner, long out of the business, has consigned the inventory in the storehouse to said friend for disposal.  This place is 100 yards long and 50 feet wide.  It has more engine parts in it than I could have imagined. Sheltered life here!  I have not a clue as to what to advise him on an effective disposal/marketing  plan.  There are blowers and Jake's and cranks and cams and new cylinders marked .050 and air starters and "ad infinitum ad nauseum".  In a lifetime,, I don't think I could research what all this stuff is.

As a inventory plan I can only think that taking detailed pics of each shelf and labeling the shelves is a way of presenting the stuff for purchase.  I suggested YouTube as a "home" for the video and pics for people to "shop".  He has an aquaint that has DD lifetime mech experience but has reservations, I think, about that individual for some reason.  There seems to be little secretiveness about the owner, his location or anything about him so this looks, to me, to be on the level.

Do any of you have any experience or information on how to dispose of an inventory like this?  I have declined any stake in this and I expect to profit in no way.  Hopefully this can help a Knut in his quest for cheap parts.

There is also a cash of doors, body panels and glass for GMC buses of mysterious model numbers, to me, that are piled up the walls.  I don't even have a hunch as to what all that stuff might fit on.  I think we can rule out late model Prevosts, however, for sure.

All suggestions are welcome...no such thing as a dumb suggestion(except one!) :o ;D ;D

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Don Fairchild

Re: DD + GM parts..BARN FULL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
John;

Sent you a PM. I want to work fast on this

Thanks

Don

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »
Don,

There is a drivable 4104/6 on the property and it is loaded with DD parts, also.  Do you want to haul a load of this stuff back in that bus?  It is for sale empty or full but I need to get details for you.  I did not receive your PM and I would prefer you use my email.  jegrabe at gmail. com.  My phone is 541 915 083two.  Speak up and remind me who you are...please.  Sorry!

I don't think you could haul all this back in 4 bus loads if you took it all.

Nice to talk to you again.

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Hey Don,

Maybe those people that delivered my parts from Oregon could fit it all into their 1/2 ton pickup.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »
Hi John is all this stuff in Canada or the states?

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:28 AM »
ZUBZUB,

Sorry, it is in Orygun.  Maybe when it gets sorted out you can get some of what you want.  Going out there today and take pics for Don and generate a location map a install some markers.  The main focus is to mget Don in play and get the windows for Pheonix.

I'll post more as we make some progress.

Thank you,

John
—Pla

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 01:31:24 AM »
This topic seems to have been edited.  There was a Knut that asked for a Jake buffer switch.  Kevin has that switch in hand and will send it as soon as we can find out who needed it.

I can appreciate where any moderator might find this  "off topic" for the board as it is ultimately about selling stuff.  It is also about giving a Knut in need some help.  I posted it here to give it some exposure to the general public so to speak.  It is peachy keen and swell with me if you move it to wherever as long as you leave a trail so other Knuts can follow the breadcrumbs.  As I said before, my involvement is strictly a "humanitarian" deal.  I don't profit in any way and don't have a dog in the fight.

John
—Pla

Dallas

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 02:47:37 AM »
Maybe you should look at some of the other forums you go to instead of being so quick to accuse the moderators of deleting or modifying posts out of hand.
Just for information, we do not delete posts without an overwhelming need to do so, in fact, we go out of our way to not delete anything worthwhile, and when we do delete a post, it actually gets moved elsewhere until such time as a final decision on it's disposition has been made. As of right now there is nothing in that area.
Have a nice day.

~just a note from your friendly moderating Team. Dallas

This topic seems to have been edited.  There was a Knut that asked for a Jake buffer switch.  Kevin has that switch in hand and will send it as soon as we can find out who needed it.

I can appreciate where any moderator might find this  "off topic" for the board as it is ultimately about selling stuff.  It is also about giving a Knut in need some help.  I posted it here to give it some exposure to the general public so to speak.  It is peachy keen and swell with me if you move it to wherever as long as you leave a trail so other Knuts can follow the breadcrumbs.  As I said before, my involvement is strictly a "humanitarian" deal.  I don't profit in any way and don't have a dog in the fight.

John

Offline Slow Rider

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »
JohnEd, 

I don't know if I was the only one, but I contacted you about a jake buffer switch.  I contacted you via email.  There has been no post removed from this thread as far as I know.

Frank
The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8

Offline belfert

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
Don't worry about JohnEd.  He is paranoid aboout moderators and deleted posts.  This is the 3rd or 4th time in a month he has claimed a thread or post was deleted and others were able to dins the thread(s) in question in 30 seconds.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »
Belfert is correct.  And I am coming to the conclusion that I am paranoid. :P  But, just because I am paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't after me. ;D  I took what you said as humorous ribbing, Guy. 8)  If you were trying to be hurtful please retransmitt with more scathing comment. ;D  Please!  But only IF.

Slow Rider,

I got a flurry of emails after posting about the parts.  Yours was one.  The way this went was "post thread"....received a quick flurry of emails and PM's and I tied all that correspondence to the post instead of parsing it out to the different modes,,,, in my mind.  Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner with the good news that your part is waiting to be shipped as I was frantically looking in the wrong place and getting frustrated in the process.  It is my wish that I disinvolve myself at the earliest but it seems that Keven isn't being approved by the moderators to post on the board just yet.  Please pay special attention to the "SEEMS" qualifier as that seems to be escaping some moderators and others as a matter of fact.  At this point I will get to Kevin about a price and then get back to you by email for address and such.  Still involved and glad to be of assistance.  I know how the God Father felt!

A couple weeks ago I was looking for a thread that I had posted in.  There were two, in fact.  I couldn't find them and I asked the board where they went and if they had been relocated or deleted.  I expected them to be relocated full well so I searched all the other boards for them. Both Belfert and Nick responded quickly and informed me that the thread was on page 2 on their computer and gave me some direction.  I looked for maybe the tenth time and low and behold, there it was right under my nose.  I suspected that they had been trained by the same person that had trained my wife.  Harrumph!  "Thanks Guys" and off I went.  A few minutes later I was looking for the second post in that same thread and I should have noted either of the posts had they been there in the first go-round but I was unable to locate that one either.  Now I had been thru my first series of searches without success and then I did another search and found one but now the second was missing to me.  Could I have my head up my @$# that far?????  Nah, figure the odds.  I used to read the schematics that my men had laid out on the floor and I did it from ten feet away and I pointed out to them what they had overlooked in their trouble shooting effort.  Tell them I could ever in a thousand years miss ANYTHING. :(  Well it has come down to that and Belfert (?) posted again with a comment such as "4 lines down from the first,John" or "it is there on the same page,John".  I don't remember which was yours Belfert as I got emails about it.  Need I reiterate my thanks to all?.

Paranoid about moderators?  Well, there were posts deleted and there was no mention of who posted them initially.  There were posts that the poster himself deleted with the assist of the moderator and again, no record.  And, there were parts of posts that were removed and that wasn't documented either so that a reader could determine that he was not getting the full measure.  I am on record as being supportive of the authority of the moderators and their discretion.  I think the job is very tough and thankless in many ways and I have said so more than once.  While I thought that mode of operation was "high handed" and not in keeping with their past activity, that also would be acceptable to me as I ain't running this show and I won't even think of accepting that job.  Whatever the rules are I accept them but I would like to know what the rules are.  Well, the moderator emailed back and said "My Bad".  That's enuf for me.  When I "thought", as in don't really know for sure, the last batch went missing, I felt really confused as I thought(that word again) that we weren't going back there.  Turns out we didn't go there.  So....."MY BAD!"

I am working up a complete answer to Dallas' post.  Hope to finish that soon.

John
—Pla

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
John,

If you click on your name to the left, it will bring up your profile, then at the bottom of that page you can click on "Show last posts...". I've had to do that a few times when I got lost.

See, I can get lost even when I'm not wandering. Hell, I can get lost sitting in my living room.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 02:14:37 PM »

OK Len, I resemble that remark  ha ha

Don

Offline MacGyver

• Toothless' Weblog
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »
John...

Are the parts there to add Jakes to an 8v71?  If so, I'd be interested in the price...  I'd love to add Jakes to my engine during the reconstruction.  Also need instruments for the dash...  They burned in the fire.  x.x

Here's the pics you asked for....

-Mac
1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »
Mac,

He will look at your pics tomorrow morning.  After that it will take a day to get out to the "barn" and search out your windows.  I will get back to you on Friday at the earliest.

I know you said you weren't in need of the info in the very immediate future.  I think we should line up what we can do for you here so others with resource can chime in if we belly up.  I imagine others are working this problem in the background.  You have struck a sympathetic cord.

John
—Pla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal