Author Topic: A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine  (Read 34766 times)

HighTechRedneck

A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
For 18 years Bus Conversions Magazine has been published by MAK Publishing. Then as the Internet became a major part of our lives, MAK set up this forum.  Many bus nuts have relied on BCM and this forum for good information on how to accomplish various aspects of their conversion.  As one of those bus nuts myself, I say thank you to Mike and Karen Kadletz and all the people that have been a part of MAK Publishing over the years.

Effective with the July issue, Bus Conversions Magazine and its online properties are owned and published by Bus Conversion Enterprises, Inc.  We are still setting things up.  We will have a new phone/fax numbers up and running within the next couple days.  The new mailing address for all correspondence, subscriptions, advertising payments, etc. is:

Bus Conversion Enterprises, Inc.
1538 SE West Farms Road
Arcadia, FL  34266-9072

Checks should be made out to Bus Conversion Enterprises, Inc.

The Board of Directors are a familiar group - Mike Sullivan, Chad Laines and Phil Lyons.  I will be leading the company as CEO/President.  Each of us come from different backgrounds and bring our own unique talents to the company.  But we all share a common vision for the company, magazine and online presence:

• Customer service will be the top priority.  Phone calls will be answered live or messages answered promptly.  Emails will be replied to in a timely fashion.
  • We will work to ensure that the magazines get to each subscriber reliably.  We will be taking steps to improve the reliability of magazine delivery.  In the rare case that you don’t get your copy, a phone call or email will bring one promptly.
  • We plan to expand the magazine with more bus conversion content.  Our goal is to restore it to 72 pages while maintaining quality.  It will have more content and more photos.

This forum will of course continue to be maintained and its oversight will continue to be the responsibility of the moderating team.

We are looking for advertisers for the magazine and the web.  As a bus nut, you regularly deal with businesses that could benefit from advertising that is focused on bus nuts.   When you help us sign up a new advertiser, you will receive 10% of their first month advertising spend as a finder’s fee. 

When you talk to a potential advertiser, give them your forum user name as a referral code and ask them to mention it when enquiring.  When they pay for their first ad, you will get 10% of what they pay for the first month.  If more than one person refers an advertiser, the one that the advertiser mentions is the one that will receive the finder’s fee.

Exciting times are ahead for us all.  Bus Conversions Magazine has been around for 18 years and seen great achievements.  But the best is yet to come.  We promise you that!

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
Re: A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
Congratulations Mike - that is exciting news and a grand adventure is ahead of you.  Good luck.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »
Mike glad to see you guys take the magazine too make it better it was going downhill in a hurry and was on the way out.Who knows I may subscribe again I kind of miss it after 16 years.   good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline letz4wheel

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:36:03 AM »
Congrats to all involved! I am looking forward to it.
'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:45:41 AM »
Way to go guys! Looking forward to the new rag! I'm sure you guys have lots of ideas about what you want to do for improvement, just take it slow and easy as you build it back up to the premier bus conversion magazine. Looking forward to many articles that are of interest to us bus nuts and other enthusiasts.

Good Luck,

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline poppi

• mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:46:32 AM »
  Good luck and may the mag prosper ;D

Skip
Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:36 AM »
Quote from: HighTechRedneck

Customer service will be the top priority.  Phone calls will be answered live or messages answered promptly.
In the rare case that you don’t get your copy, a phone call or email will bring one promptly.

We are looking for advertisers for the magazine and the web.  As a bus nut, you regularly deal with businesses that could benefit from advertising that is focused on bus nuts.   When you help us sign up a new advertiser, you will receive 10% of their first month advertising spend as a finder’s fee.  

When you talk to a potential advertiser, give them your forum user name as a referral code and ask them to mention it when enquiring.  When they pay for their first ad, you will get 10% of what they pay for the first month.  If more than one person refers an advertiser, the one that the advertiser mentions is the one that will receive the finder’s fee.

Exciting times are ahead for us all.  Bus Conversions Magazine has been around for 18 years and seen great achievements.  But the best is yet to come.  We promise you that!

Mike that is awesome news!
Now I have a couple of things to point out!
1st It say's and I Quote;
"Customer service will be the top priority.  Phone calls will be answered live or messages answered promptly.
In the rare case that you don’t get your copy, a phone call or email will bring one promptly."

But I couldn't find any phone #!

I haven't been getting my magazines!
Opps I'll send a check right away to renew, since it expired some time ago! How much do I spend, I mean send?

Speaking of spending. What if we are the one placing the ad? Do we still get the referral fee?
Honestly I might be interested and I do know of some others that will be too!

Good luck! And looking forward to my new magazine!

I'll be sitting by the mail box waiting on it!   ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Freedom Rider

• Freedom Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
Congratulations guys! I would like to subscribe. Please post a phone number for call ins.
Freedom Rider

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »
Mike,

First, Congratulations on this new endeavour.

I look forward to the many changes and improvements.

I was one of many who did not renew or otherwise didn't subscribe due to poor customer service.

After reading about your high priority on customer service, I plan on restarting my subscription.

I strongly believe you should always give someone a fair chance, unless they prove you have misplaced your trust.  I don't think I will be disappointed

Good Luck and Godspeed(especially on my delivery)(remember I am only 2 hours North  ;D)

Cliff  

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »
Thanks for the enthusiastic response and votes of confidence folks! 

We'll post the new phone numbers as soon as we have them set up.

Speaking of spending. What if we are the one placing the ad? Do we still get the referral fee?
Honestly I might be interested and I do know of some others that will be too!

Better yet, we are planning introductory specials on advertising. 

And if you persuade your Mom and Dad to advertise with us, sure you can have the finder's fee.

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
Let the good times roll!  ;D

I would also encourage people to start writing 'stories', 'road fixes', 'how I did that', etc to submit to the mag. Makes for more interesting reading & adds personality.  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline sweeney153

• Sweeney 153
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »
Congratulations

I’m looking forward to the new day at BCM
Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »
Please no more articles about a shrink in a nudists colony     good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Please no more articles about a shrink in a nudists colony     good luck

would "look how it shrunk at the nudist colony" be a better topic? Jes kidd'n! LOL!
(I'm sorry I had to do it before Cody could!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline chris4905

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »
My sincerest best wishes to both Mike and Karen and thanks for their years of help and assistance with the many phases of my own bus conversion.

I let my subscription lapse (purposefully) a few months ago, and will now seriously consider resubscribing to help the "new team" get off the ground.

Best wishes to the new Bus Conversion Enterprise team !!!

Chris
Chris & Cheryl Christensen
Ex-Bus Owners
Eagle, Idaho

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal