Author Topic: RV park recommendation/road conditions for Colorado Springs needed  (Read 3383 times)

Offline JT4104

Driving to Colorado springs via Kansas to Denver in our 4104 in a few days, and being a flatlander (and having only 185 HP on a good day) I am a little concerned about steep grades, so any info on the grades on the interstate between Denver and Colorado springs would be appreciated, as well as recommendations on RV parks in the colorado springs area which are easy to access off the interstate without having to climb a mountain, would likewsie be much appreciated.

Thanks as always!

JT4104

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
Re: RV park recommendation/road conditions for Colorado Springs needed
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 09:16:02 PM »
I would have to look at the map but you can go south off 70 straight to Co Sprs unless you want to see Denver. Never had any problems with hills east of Denver west is a dfifferent story. The 2 lane off 70 s is good road. Going out there in a few weeks. Blessings   www.beatembo.com

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 09:17:57 PM »
If you are Passport America there are 2 parks in Co Sprgs  www.passportamerica.com

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »
Beatenbo's right, if you're heading directly to C-Springs, you can take US24 off of I-70 and avoid Denver altogether (and a bunch of extra miles). If you have to go to Denver, there's a few hills between Denver and C-Springs on I-25, but nothing to worry about, grade-wise. No matter where you roam up and down the state, the mountains of the Front Range do not start until you're well west of I-25.

For campgrounds in C-Springs, the only one we've stayed at so far has been Garden of the Gods in Manitou in April. It's a nice CG. http://www.coloradocampground.com/

C-Springs is great, with LOTS of stuff to do. If you haven't seen it, here's a photoshow of our adventure in April (we have young kids, so your itenerary may be different): http://www.brownland.org/travel/cosprings06/1.htm

Have fun!
Brian Brown
Longmont, CO
4108-216
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »
I second Garden of the Gods RV Park - if its still owned by the same people they have nightly chats about the area and things to do -HTH
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal