Author Topic: Help ID this orphan coach!  (Read 5008 times)

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
Help ID this orphan coach!
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »
I'm sure some of you can ID this coach.  I'd like to know the make, model, possible year, and what it may have for an engine and transmission.

This coach has been sitting at the local DDA dealer for many months.  I asked about it today and one of the employees said it's been there for a long time and he didn't think the owner wanted or could afford to fix.  The name and number of the owner was on a faded paper which also stated:

Needs:  Transmission [work], Turbo, Windshield Wiper inop (driver's).

It was towed to the shop.

Thanks,

Mark
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
Re: Help ID this orphan coach!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
Hi Nick!

Wow!  They must be related.  If you look closely (difficult to see in pix) this coach has a tag axle on it.  The exterior color and scheme is identical.  The interior looks to have the same color scheme as well.

It must be an Eagle, maybe 45'.

Mark
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:30:39 PM »
Man,

It sure fooled me....  Oh well, we will keep looking

Nick-
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 07:11:37 PM »
Mark,

I found the converter.. Star Coach, Ocala FL.

Most of their coaches have the same paint design

http://www.starcoaches.com/index.html

Nick

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 07:35:27 PM »
You dah man, Nick. You found it.  It appears to be about 1100 miles from home with a bum tranmission and turbo.  Must make worth about $500, don't ya think?  The owners or contact's first name was readable, but the last name and the phone number was too faded to read.  I'll call Star Coaches and try to find out if they still own it and/or what the fate of this coach is.

Thanks Nick

Mark
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 05:51:54 AM »
OK, I don't get this.

The shop did not have contact information for the owner?  I don't believe that.  They have a work order somewhere which has that information. You need to find the person there who knows. Probably the secretary.

Ask them if they have the keys and can they check the registration.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Merlin

• Run away before the kids come back home.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 06:18:51 AM »
OneLapper ... does the bus have a license plate on it?  And yes, as Gumby said ... the shop that owns the parking lot DOES know the whys and wherefores of the bus being there.  Someone in the shop knows!  If it were my shop, I WOULD know.  Keep us informed on your sleuthing.  This bus may be ripe for a buy.  A bad transmission put in the hands of good Allison shop might only mean a bit of tweaking.  Other problems could have discouraged the owner from sinking more money into it, so you should be thorough about inspecting it.  Horse sense tells me this may be the case.

Merlin
Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 07:12:49 AM »
Unless it has a 4 stroke diesel, its probably  not worth over $100k in good running condition. In today's market.  $125k tops
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:42:20 AM »
It is an Eagle, Model 15 or 20, Year would be between 1985 and the 90's, 45ft length, probably 6V92TA or 8V92TA with a Allison automatic.

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »
If it is sitting there and the shop owner doesn't know who it belongs to - doesn't know why it's there - and hasn't had it towed: please forward the name and address of this shop.

I'm paying $50 a month for place to park mine. No hookups, minimal security - $50 a month for a parking space.  Maybe I should take the bus to the shop, have them install wiper blades, and refuse to pay the bill for 4 months until I need the bus again.

Casper
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »
Yikes!  I did not speak with the owner or the service manager.  I was making small talk with the parts guys as I was waiting at the counter.  I asked about it because it has been sitting in the same spot since early May.  I'm a new customer to these guys and I don't know anyone that works there, but the next time I'm in I'll see if I can find out some more.

Mark
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

JerryH

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »
This coach has been sitting at the local DDA dealer for many months.  I asked about it today and one of the employees said it's been there for a long time and he didn't think the owner wanted or could afford to fix.  The name and number of the owner was on a faded paper which also stated:

Mark:

I could be wrong, but it looks like one of Calhouns coaches (Entertainment Coaches of America) out of Leesburg, FL.  It's pretty much a familiar paint scheme for them.  Visit ==> http://entertainmentcoaches.com/preowned.html

I had seen several of these coaches at their facility in Leesburg -- was a few years ago.  The coach you show could have been bought by someone and no longer in their fleet.  My observation of 'some' of the Eagles I saw there.  They (ECA) had gotten their moneys worth (and then some) out of them.  The interiors were tired, baking in S. Florida sun and humidity.  I cannot remember exactly what they were asking a few years ago -- I "think" about $75k.  You'd need to invest a bit to get them up to snuff.  They were 'going' to take (some) of these coaches and turn them into family-type units; queen beds with (3) bunks.  See ==> http://busbusbus.com/main.php?id=373

JerryH.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal