Author Topic: Nova Scotia Bus Gathering (July)  (Read 15428 times)

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: Nova Scotia Bus Gathering (July)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 08:29:06 AM »
Craig:

Ok, we'll set up a VolleyBall net and do a day trip -- we'll just need to find a bus :)
By the by Craig, what's your MC9 powered by?  DD8V71, 6V92 or 8V92?  And what kind of fuel mileage you averaging.  I know that's a departure from the thread title, but just curious.  Have you run that bio-diesel out there in MN?  I have a trucker who frequents here from out in MN.  He likes the bio-diesel.  What say you?

Jerry H.

6v92.  On the AK trip (9400 miles) it came in at nearly exactly 6.0 mpg. That's the best I could compute with converting Canadian to US.

Haven't found any BioDiesel around where I live. The local news keeps spouting about how great it is for our state's economy, but you haven't found it locally.

I found some in Nebraska last year and was going to fill up, but it was an unattended self serve credit card only fuel stop and the idiot who owned it had set the CC limit to some incredibly low amount like $50, and after two passes, I had only pumped about 30 or 40 gallons and my credit card got locked out and I got mad and left. I told the mechanic who rented the shop next door to tell the idiot he lost a 100 gallon sale.

I didn't notice any difference in how it performed. Didn't get enough to really be able to tell if it affected my mileage or not.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

JerryH

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 08:25:40 PM »
*** UPDATE ***

Hey board.
Linda and I are doing the fuel calculations.
Based on the 1115 x 2 round trip @ 3.00 /gal, we're looking at about $1,115.00 (min.)
This of course assuming the fuel DOESN'T exceed $3.00 /gal, which I think it will.

My prediction -- Diesel: $3.309 to $3.519, which will take our fuel costs to $1,229.00 -- $1,308.00,
or an average of $0.57 / Mile to move the bus forward.

That being said, Linda and I are rethinking bringing our coach to Canada this year.  We're in the process of
many projects here -- "bleeding money" (so to speak).  So being fiscally responsible, we might drive our Honda.

More to follow.  I'd rather bring the bus, but we shall see.  :)

Thanks,
Jerry H.

JerryH

NOVA SCOTIA BUS GATHERING -- JULY 10TH, 11TH & 12TH.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 04:15:09 PM »
Ok, late but NOT forgotten.
Something In Cape Breton 2006

http://i-kb.com/ns/

The jury is still out whether we'll be bringing the MC-8.
To follow.

Jerry H.

JerryH

Nova Scotia Bus Gathering (July)
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »
Trying to assess the interest to meet in Nova Scotia in July (10th, 11th & 12th).
I did receive some emails and a phone call earlier.

If interested ... Please email mejerry.hankins@i-kb.com

More information at http://i-kb.com/ns/

Thanks,
Jerry & Linda
'78 MC-8

JerryH

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 05:19:34 AM »
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY INTEREST.

VISIT http://i-kb.com/ns/ FOR MORE INFORMATION. 

IF THERE'S NO INTEREST, WE'LL FURTHER MODIFY OUR ANNUAL NORTHERN TREK.

THANKS,

JERRY H.

Dallas

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 06:09:45 AM »
Jerry,
When you firm up your plans would you post it to the calendar?
You may get more response that way.

Dallas

NCbob

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »
I couldn't imagine a more pleasurable mid-summer trip than to drive up to NS and visit some of my old 'herring choker' friends, eat lobster
until it comes out of my ears, complain about 'gout' and enjoy the cool (Brrr) summer breezes and spend my time in the company of fellow BusNuts.  But reality is reality.  Me, and the bus, won't be ready until late in the fall. :-\ 

Is the old "Bluenose" still making the run to Yarmouth or are the faster ferries doing it now?  Had friends in Digby and Tiverton who could almost walk over to see each other at low tide but had to run 'like Hell' on the flood! ;)

Maybe we might link up in FL this winter, eh?

Best wishes for a great get-together

NCbob

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 06:11:48 PM »

Is the old "Bluenose" still making the run to Yarmouth or are the faster ferries doing it now?  Had friends in Digby and Tiverton who could almost walk over to see each other at low tide but had to run 'like Hell' on the flood! ;)

Aren't they running the fast cat out of Portland now?  Must be pricey to ferry over with a bus....

JerryH

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 03:51:43 AM »
Actually, "The CAT" runs from Bar Harbour to Yarmouth, NS.  The Scotia Princess used to run from Portland (not a CAT though).  The CAT is about $205.00 one way (+ each passenger).  We did it once with a car -- was memorable.

Jerry H.

Aren't they running the fast cat out of Portland now?  Must be pricey to ferry over with a bus....

Offline eagle10

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 07:11:47 AM »
The Cat now sails out of Porrland and Bar Harbor both. It goes about 3 days each from each port. The Princess stopped sailing this year. They said they were losing $$$$$$. The trip is about twice as fast as the old Bluenose from many years ago.

Dallas

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
Jerry,
when you firm up your plans and post it to the calendar we can make your rally post sticky so that it stays at the top.

Dallas

JerryH

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 06:08:44 AM »
Can I please get another show of hands who will be attending SOMETHING IN CAPE BRETON in July (10th, 11th & 12th).

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE reconfirm by sending me an email.

Thanks,
Jerry

http://www.i-kb.com/ns/

Offline Homegrowndiesel

• Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel
  • 73-05 Eagle
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »
Can't make it this year, but had a wonderfull time last year.
 Folks if you can get a chance to go you won't be disappointed. The scenery, friendly people, good food and hospitality are an experience you can't forget. We will definately be back, hopefully next year!  PE island, and the bay of fundy was awsome, next year we plan to hit Newfoundland.
Thanks Jerry & Linda, hope to see you soon. Say hi to the family.

Bill & Roberta
Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3, 102d3 and NABI series 50 transit. Busnut x4

JerryH

NS: Thanks!!
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 06:47:33 PM »
Hey all -- thanks for visiting Indian Brook, NS.
As usual ... enjoyed chatting buses and such (as usual).

The weather was unusually warm (85-deg) with sunny skies, etc.
Actually rained on departure for most, but I think the rain was gone by the time they hit Baddeck.

Missed Bill & Roberta, Don & Linda, and Ross & Ginny.  Maybe next time!!  :)
Linda, kids and I will be in Delaware in August.

Any fellow busnut passing though our area are welcome to stop by.  We can offer up to (2) 50amp hookups and water.  Sorry, no dumping capability.  We're in the 18925 zip (Mapquest us) by the by.

JerryH

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal