Author Topic: road trip coming up  (Read 7534 times)

cody

road trip coming up
« on: July 11, 2009, 07:57:25 AM »
Got an email this morning from Paul (Dreamscape),  I picked up some windows for his bus at Bontragers last year, some really nice tinted sliding thermopanes, brand new and made by Hehr, the good stuff, well that left the problem of getting them to texas lol. John Rigby is coming to elkhart in a couple of days and I'll meet up with him there, he'll be moving the windows to the next part of their journey, they'll be heading to texas and much closer to Paul, it gets the windows to Paul and gives me a good excuse to head to Bontragers and RV Surplus to see whats new and interesting and at the same time meet another busnut, it just doesn't get any better than this lol.  I'll be taking my truck to Elkhart cause the bus has a booboo right now that needs fixing but life is still good and I'm looking forward to the run.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Re: road trip coming up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:57:08 AM »
Cody,
    Loks like we will just miss each other. We left Elkhart on Tursday and are presently at the CCO rally near Elsie, MI.  We will leave here on Sunday to go to Sanford area.  I think we will leave there on Monday or Tuesday to head towards Old Mill Creek campground (near Mackinaw bridge).  What day are you heading to Elkhart and what day will you be returning?  Maybe we can meet-up, aqt least long enought to shake howdy and have a bit to eat & drink.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

cody

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:25:07 AM »
Jack, I just talked to john and we still need to finalize our plans but initially things look like we'll be handing off pauls windows tuesday morning, we'll be heading back to the mackinaw bridge at that point, we'll be getting into elkhart on sunday night or monday morning so we'll do our looting on monday. But, right after the window handoff we'll be heading back north towards the bridge.

Offline rdbishop

• '68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
Cody or Jack,

Where's a good place to stay in Elkhart? We're leaving SA Tex in the morning (12th) and should get there by tues. Would like to meet you cody if possible. Momma only gives me through weds. to look at all the goodies. Maybe you can send me in the best direction.

Richard

Sure be glad to get away from these 100+ deg temps!!!

cody

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
On highway 19, going north, just after you cross over I-80, there is a complex on the left with several motels and a shopping center that has a K-mart in it and a cracker barrel, kinda a full service type spot, it has budget motels and some better ones, and is convienent to most everywhere.  This area is only a few blocks from RV Surplus and a few other surplus type stores, when we're in elkhart without the bus like we'll be this time, we generaly stay in one of the budget motels in that complex, it's a decent spot and we've not had any problems there at all. To head to Bontragers we just continue north on highway 19, it feeds directly into US-12 east and goes straight to Bontragers a few miles down the road. Who ever designed that road knew what we wanted lol.

Offline JackConrad

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »
Ifr you want a campground, we stayed at Elkhart Campground. Very centrally located to most of the RV Surplus places.  Goshen Fairgrounds is cheaper, but I think the fair is going on now and no camping during the fair.  Jack

cody

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
Jack where is sanford? We'll be crossing the mackinaw bridge tomorrow and heading into the lower penninsula, could meet up. Ok, found sanford, we could be in that area sunday afternoon, we have to find a spot to lay over anyway, that would be a good spot to get together.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »
A great big Thank You to you and John for the transportation of the windows! Words cannot express how this makes me feel! I'm eternally grateful! :)

I hope that you all have fun and most important Safe Travels!

Many Thanks!

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

cody

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Road trips are always fun, would be more fun if i had the bus put together enough to take but it'll still be fun.

cody

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 04:09:10 AM »
We're getting ready to head for sanford michigan now, to meet up with jack and paula, it's about a 420 mile run so we'll arrive well into the afternoon, then enjoy a nice supper and visit with them and their friends then it's off to elkhart to loot and pillage a little before we meet up with john to hand over the windows for paul and a short visit with him and hopefully we'll get to meet up with RDBishop on tuesday too, that'll be two more busnuts we've met, the pile of busnuts we've met is pretty big and  not a ringer in the bunch yet, well, a couple are pretty close but how bad can they be if they own a bus lol. After that we'll head back to the mackinaw bridge area and then eventually back home again.  We'll be bringing the laptop so if we can find some wifi spots we'll check in now and then.

Offline rdbishop

• '68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 05:41:27 AM »
Cody,

We'll be staying at the Elkhart campground, Cell #210-216-6708  PM me your # and I'll call you when we get there and get a space.  Got to go fire that baby up and get on the road.

Later, Richard

Offline johns4104s

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »
Cody,

See you Tuesday am

John

Offline JackConrad

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »
We had supper and a nice visit with Cody & Libby this evening.  It sure was great to see them again.  Jack

cody

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 05:37:50 AM »
After having dinner and great visit with jack and paula and some of their friends, we headed out last evening in search of a motel, I wasn't overly tired so I drove a while and we stayed over in Mount Pleasent so we're a shade closer to elkhart, we'll roll into elkhart today and wander around aimlessly looking at all the goodies and try to get ahold of john and richard today and make arangements for tomorrow.

cody

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 05:57:49 AM »
I should have asked this earlier but better late than never lol, is there anything anyone wants priced out at trina's or bontrager? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal