Author Topic: Sam Walker?  (Read 10242 times)

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
Re: Sam Walker?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »
Well, fwiw I ordered a trailer hitch from one of those web sites, and I got a very nice trailer hitch exactly when and where it was supposed to be.  Absolutely no problems or issues.  now I have to search the site to find out why I should have been worried.

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
Scott,

Please rest assured that you did not start a commotion.

You will find this happens a lot here -- the OP will ask a question, which will attract the interest of any number of people who may have related questions of their own, and generate a lively discussion around several related topics.  Threads tend to "drift" this way a lot, and, frankly, this is often the way some of the very best information comes to light on the board.

To the OP, it may seem like things have gone far afield from the original question, and there has been more than one thread here where, after dozens of posts, the original question still has not been answered, and the OP will have to remind everyone that they are still seeking this information.

It is often the case that the OP's question is answered early on, and that person then moves on to other things while discussion continues for, perhaps, several dozen more posts on topics related to the original issue.  Personally, I have found many of these extended discussions quite productive.

Another thing to remember is that these conversations live for a long time in the archives, so cutting them off before all members have had a chance to speak may be doing a disservice to someone who comes along much later looking for information.  Witness the fact that you yourself found value in what you were able to turn up in the archives on this very subject.

Moderation is an art, and I have to say (as a moderator elsewhere myself) that the folks here do an exceptional job.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »
Brian, nobody is saying that he can't turn out a good product. We are just saying....Well I won't say.

Also, I have met Sam, and spent time with him. I must say, though, that in the past his problems have gone a lot deeper than just robbing Peter to pay Paul. The problems go a lot deeper. Maybe with this last bit of jail time he has repented, I doubt it, but I hope so.

I could go on, but I won't beat a dead horse ;). Aye Clifford ;D.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »
Cody,

You wrote:

“others will just have to take their chances”

That is kinda cold.  Now that “I got mine the heck with you...take your chances”.  That is not in the spirit of this board as I have seen it.  I have accepted the help and good wishes of the people here and I expect that my debt will NEVER be paid.  Ever!  You do not speak for me on this matter and I doubt that you speak for many.  I have agreed with a lot that you have said over the years and I recall you becoming really aggressive about a “con man” that was going to “sell” engineering info”.  Why is this different?

Chopper,

In your initial post you sounded like you were “ripe for the picking”.  You found a guy that did you a good turn and saved you a couple bucks.  That great, as far as it goes.  I think the point being made her is that there are tons of stuff where a guy like you lost everything he had.  Most of this “ta do” is about us not wanting to leave a stone unturned in trying to protect a fellow Knut.  Most of what is going on here is grounded in love and brotherly concern.  I feel that coming thru in most of these posts.  It isn’t really about hating Sam at all.

I can’t say with certainty on this but I do know some small amount about crooks and liars.  I administered Defense contracts for 20 years.  It is a ploy to chum in the fish with a free meal or really good deal that doesn’t cost the crook anything at all.  It is a con and some here have spent most of their working life behind bars looking after prisoners in a penitentiary and they purport to be ultra sanative to “cons”.  I don’t think any here can say with certainty that Sam hasn’t seen the light and discovered salvation through Jesus.  Most here deal with probabilities though and that seems a extreme un likely hood.  Bottom line though is “cover your six”.

Luvr,

I think that it coming up repeatedly would indicate that it “shouldn’t” be put to bed.  I don’t like it either, as a subject, but I think not reaching out to those that never got the message is not fair.  I agree with almost everything you have ever said in other posts, for what it is worth. I skip post topics I have no interest in so you or any can take up any topic you wish and be assured I will not be offended or fatigued.

MattC,

You would have gone the way of many other unfortunates without the “caution” you got from this site.  That is why I keep making the same point to others that may be uninformed.  It is your turn now and I know you will come thru for the next crop of newbees.

I disagree about putting it to bed.  Since this board has no recommended / not-recommended list, how do we warn other bus-nuts about this guy?

I don’t know what ever happened to this idea but it would save a lot of breath if we could just say “refer to XXXX” and be assured that the reader would get informed about ours and others experiences.

Chopper,

When I make a post here I expect that it will be read by many other than the original poster and I have rarely been disappointed.  Others are reading this and profiting....most are lurkers.  I know you started it but many will want to respond and I hope you agree that they should have the opportunity.  When I have some personal crit I use private email.  Everyone doesn’t do it that way but I do.....except where the public vitriol is allowed by the moderators to stay public.  Have no heartburn about starting anything.  You did that and it was good.

Sean,

I have disagreed with precious little that you have shared in this post and others.  Thank you for your time and expert opinion.  I think that how few actually take issue with you validates your data.

I would like your opinion on moderators, in general.  A friend that was a big Pro football fan once told me “if you start to notice the referee, he ain’t doing his job.  He isn’t supposed to be in the game”.  I think that wisdom should apply to moderators as well...what say you?  And I fully agree with your comment about the difficulty of being a good moderator.  I guess that being poor at just about anything isn’t all that much of a challenge.  Just ruminating here....certainly no accusations.  I love youns guys....really.

I would add my support to having some sort of central list of bus. That members had bad experience with.  I think we are smart enuf to do that without incurring liability or being unfair.

Thank you for keeping Sam and his record alive and in play,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

cody

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 06:19:41 AM »
John, when ever I make a statement about an individual I get hammered, I'm just tired of being hammered like that, in regards to the conman, I was not only asked to find out what I could but I was asked to post it and then all HeLLL broke loose, I have stated my opinion about sam walker in the past as have others, when George Dausch took over I smelled a rat and posted that I thought he was only a proxy until sam got out of prison, I was taken to task for that also and told to give him a chance, that he was new and was trying and had even made right by sams debts, my thoughts were it was hogwash and guess what? it was.  Yeah my statement was cold, I didn't mean it to be, I just am tired of the time spent on glorifying sams evilness, yes he's a conman when somebody asks tell them he's a conman, then direct them to the hundreds of posts that prove he's a conman instead of dedicating page after page to his vast network of evil.  I guess I'd just rather read about somebodys trip to yellowstone or somebody giving detailed directions on how to understand a date code on a tire, maybe I'm just getting cranky but if I came off as being cold I'm sorry maybe tired is a better word.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:05 AM »
Cody, it is a no win situation for some I decided to set back and read the posts and keep my opinions and comments to myself with any help I can provide by the way of email ( what little I can help)   good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline mohawkmfg

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »
Sam Walker sent you directly to Mohawk because Walker Coach cannot buy from Mohawk. They opened an account several years ago and have been written off as a bad debt.

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
Interesting. I didn't know that you guys were on the board. Welcome ;D. It doesn't surprise me for a second, about Sam. Same old stuff. That would be hard for him to get a discount though ::).

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »
I'm tickled pick to see you on the board too!
Will be getting 12 of those precious Scenicruiser air bags in a little bit!
Jack
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Airbag

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »
I don't know anything about this Sam Walker fellow other than what I read here. Let me say being a business owner that takes on projects of large magnitudes like restoring airplanes I have learned many lessons the hard way and what I have learned is you say what you do and do what you say regardless of the outcome financially. I had finished a project for a customer with a $35,000 balance owed me and had him say "I'm not paying that" Guess what, I finished the airplane and delivered it. I ate it.

I recently handed a customer a check for $1,800.00 for a mistake we made and prayed he did not bad mouth me. Instead He praised me. In business we have to do the right thing and some times have to do the wrong thing even if it costs us money just to keep our customers satisfied. The key to success is honesty and integrity and a willingness to sacrifice. It has kept me in business for seventeen years.

Offline SmoothJazz

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
Well said Airbag.

I used to run a charter bus company. Our first trip out went horribly. After the trip I went to see the band director at the school and handed him a check for $600.00 as a refund even though I had already lost money on the trip by renting other buses to cover me. He about fell off his chair and said, I know this cuts deep into your pockets, but I appreciate what your doing. He then sat down and wrote me a check for $7,000.00 and said we're going to Florida and you are our carrier. My phone rang off the hook with other bands wanting to charter our buses because this man called everybody he knew and gave us a good word. Although it was painful at the moment to refund the $600.00, it was the right thing to do and I was rewarded very well for it by the Good Lord.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
Well said Airbag and SmoothJazz, It's so good to hear of people doing the right thing and showing proof of integrity and honesty. That's how life should be run. It makes me feel good knowing that this still exists in this dog eat dog world! You will be blessed, and you have provided the proof!

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

cody

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
My policy is give me my cup of coffee and a running start before you see how badly I botched things up lol.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »
30 years of building Wal-Marts and Home Depot when they told they were not going to pay a bill my answer was always " like hell your not" worked for me I always got my money   good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal