Author Topic: West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!  (Read 149609 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2009, 12:03:46 PM »
Brian,
Of course the drunk next door has been PLASTERED 24/7 since he got his settlement! Which is why he is crying "I don't have anywhere to go, and no time to find one now!"

BK, you could always rent him YOUR bedroom.  HEHEHEHEHE

CAT you know I'd just as soon burn the whole darn place to the ground  (shop, house, his trailer and the pond too!) and be out on the street with no place for us to go, & have to cancel the rally as well first! (and we both know that AIN'T gonna happen!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline belfert

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »
Do you pay rent to the state now since they own the property?  I am a bit surprised the state would kick out the owner, but allow the tenant to stay, but what do I know?

I really want to come to the rally, but I am having trouble with the $600 to buy diesel for the bus for the trip.  I suppose the car and a tent would be a reasonable alternative for 1/3 the cost or less, but I would really like to have the bus if I go.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
well, Bryce i guess we could have a bond fire at or in the house maybe that would help you out.lol

Don

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Do you pay rent to the state now since they own the property?  I am a bit surprised the state would kick out the owner, but allow the tenant to stay, but what do I know?

I really want to come to the rally, but I am having trouble with the $600 to buy diesel for the bus for the trip.  I suppose the car and a tent would be a reasonable alternative for 1/3 the cost or less, but I would really like to have the bus if I go.

Well Brian as the land owner who collected a very nice amount of $$$,$$$.$$ and signed a contract agreeing that he would use a certain amount of that $ to purchase & relocate to a new place within X amount of days!

However we on the other hand have not received any $ or any offers of a comparable property to relocate to! Which under Federal LAW they have to do B4 they can MAKE us move!
;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

cody

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2009, 07:07:04 AM »
A little over a month now to go till the '1st annual bulldoze the house down' rally, I've been working to get the bus put back together and ready to roll, the base cabinets are in and filled with crap, the uppers are in minus the fronts and doors, but I'm working on that, the bays are refloored over the new metal and the poop and water tanks are anchored and ready to hook in, even the fuel tank is almost full lol, I've been toting 5 gallon cans and hoisting them to dump in, kinda like a throwback to the old ghetto blasters but liquid.  I may not be able to get the new inverter bolted in and hooked up in time but the other things are creeping along at a high speed crawl.  I lost a couple of days cause of a bout with pneumonia. but I'm getting caught back up lol.  Life is good lol, Libby told me I had to take a couple of days to regroup after coming home from the horsepistal and wouldn't let me work on the bus for a couple of days but that was ok cause it gave me time to remodel my daughters bathroom in  her house, now I can get back to working on the bus.

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
Ah, Cody!
Great to hear that you are doing good and able to not listen to the sound advice, and insisting voice of Libby again! ("Libby told me I had to take a couple of days to regroup after coming home from the horsepistal and wouldn't let me work on the bus for a couple of days but that was ok cause it gave me time to remodel my daughters bathroom in  her house')
Ah I think she meant taking a couple days to recoup, not regroup and remodel the inside of the house! But then again you've always sorta interpenetrated things yer own way anyway! LOL!

Now that I'm done getting on to you for not doing as told. It really is great to hear the progress being made to make flight in the Eagle!

I'm making progress too! While I was away on a trip this week end Chuckie got the farmer next door to bush hog the big field from the driveway back to his fence and all the way around to the pond for me! (I have to pay him, but hey even that is an awesome deal @ only $125.00 for approximately 7 acres on 4' tall grass and weeds!)

I've been working on getting things relocated around the property, and getting the shop cleaned up. One of the greatest things we did to assist is we replaced the engine in "Ol' Smoky" (my 1 ton tow truck) and now he don't smoke no-mo! So now we call him "MATER, ya now like Tow-mater" from the movie CARS. While we wuz at it we put a new flywheel in too, so now he starts without being dragged around the lot too!

Gonna be starting to be a busy time of year for us when the Rally happens, but we are looking to have things going smoothly and drivers doing most of the runs and I plan to be here most of the time. Mom and dad are scheduled to do a Branson run, but will be here for the early arrivals and back in time to go to Lambert's!

Things are shaping upnicely. Can we get updates and confirmations on who is planning to be here?!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
Bryce, she made it perfectly clear, no work on the bus for the next week, then she made me promise, I did all that and didn't work on the bus, not a bit, nuffin. she didn't say anything about the house and she was here the whole time so I figured it was ok.  Besides all I'm doing is using up a few stray piles of stuff that I've been walking around, kinda house cleaning I guess you could call it.

Dallas

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
Think of it as redistribution of valuable resources.  ;D

Besides all I'm doing is using up a few stray piles of stuff that I've been walking around, kinda house cleaning I guess you could call it.

Offline Van

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »
Cody ,don't you forget to put the bilge plug in and untie the stern line before your voyage  ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »
Ah well I maybe jumping the gun on this one folks.
But I just a heard a rumor that an awesome CAT powered Eagle may show up at our place for this rally!
Wow, talk about excited! Man I'm gonna be sleeping down by the mailbox waiting! (still waiting on my BCM anyway! got it today! So why not now I'll just wait for a cool yella motor powered Eagle too?!)

Now for those of you as passionate about yella motors as I am don't go get'n yer hopes up to high yet!
It was said "it's possible I might be there if I can."

There are uncontrollable circumstances which will either let it be or not be! Let's just cross our eyes and hope for it to work out!
;D  BK  ;D

Cody & Libby he is especially looking forward to meeting ya'll!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »
If ya'll are talkin' bout Sonnie's bus, that is 1 sweet conversion and not just the yeller engine.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline ruthi

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »
Would love to be at this, but our work is already scheduled full til middle of November. We have off til first of Jan. Oh well , maybe someday. ;D
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
If ya'll are talkin' bout Sonnie's bus, that is 1 sweet conversion and not just the yeller engine.  Jack

Yes Jack I hear it is! But I have never had the chance to see it up close and personal! So all I know is it's one mean ground pound'n machine with that big ol yella motor back there pushin' it down the highway!

Walk'n that DAWG, kick'n that possum, hav'n a big ol CAT is where it's at! (from back in the day when I ran yella motors in my trks!)

;D  BK  ;D

And who said I wuz talk'n 'bout Sonnie's bus? Did I say that? Who me? I didn't let the "CAT" out of the bag, Jack did! ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »
I saw a medium duty truck pulling a 5th wheel trailer last week. The label above the fuel cap said "CAT FOOD".   Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
Just a reminder folks!
The field was bush hogged last weekend and did some finish mowing on parts of it today!
We have also parked a unmistakable billboard at the end of the driveway so folks won't have no problem finding us once the get on our road! (see pics of billboard below)

Can we get an idea of who fits on what list below? Don has said he is going to bring Beef Tri-Tips, And Mike & Jay are bringing Catfish Fillets (I'll supply salad, baked potatoes, and hush puppies!) Yer own yer own fer salad dressing (unless you prefer RANCH like me!) other sides, & drinks.

A; (I) We are gonna be there for sure no exceptions or excuses!

B; We are planning to be there and most likely will unless something drastic happens!

C; We might be there, we are really trying, but just not sure!

D; It's possible but unlikely, we'll let ya know ASAP! (really!)

F; It doesn't look like there is any chance we're gonna make it!

So far we have;

List A!

#1; ME! Mom & DAD will be in/out here/maybe not, (our regular staff of Jeannie {my sister}, Booger {our mechanic}, Chuckie {sometimes bus cleaner, odd jobber}, Cody & Britney {current bus cleaners & his other job is chef @ Joe's Steak House "hint, hint on who's helping cook! LOL!}, & drivers will be in amd out at various times!) so for official count it's just me Kross & Rhoades (who don't eat people food! {not allowed by me!)

#2;         Don Fairchild

#3 & 4;    Mike Hill & (his son) Jay Knight

#5 & 6;    Cody & (his better 1/2) Libby

#7 & 8;    Uncle Ned & (his lovely wife) Wilma

#9 & 10;   Bryan & Mary Kelly

#11 & 12;  Danny & Spouse

#13 & 14;  Chris & Cheri

#15 & 16;  Ed & Jody Glucky  (Guests of Chris & Cheri & the group!)

#17;         Tim Olson            (Guests of Chris & Cheri & the group!)

#18 & 19;   Mystery person & Wife (I think they are coming, please confirm  here or PM me)

#20          Mystery guest  guest of mystery person

list B, C, or D

MattC & S_W_M_B_O'd
Harold Green aka hgm4106
Frank aka Slow Rider
Zimtok
Sonnie Gray
Rick 74 MC-8
Keith & Diane from E. Cleveland, OH (not busnuts, but Bluegrass RV'S!)

So far on F is;

Jim & Pat Sheppard (we understand prior engagements come first!)
Dallas & Cat

I haven't gotten any other list confirmations that I know of so IF I have accidently missed yours or you have not made it please do so now! Thanks and have a great day! ;D
;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal