Author Topic: Board Limits / Board Problems  (Read 18927 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Board Limits / Board Problems
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »
It just happened again!

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.busconversions.com
The dnsserver returned:

Temporary network problem, please retry later
This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:43:10 GMT by 66.174.79.233 (squid/2.5.STABLE9)
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

El-Sonador

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 06:14:03 AM »
It just happened again!
The requested URL could not be retrieved...
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.busconversions.com
The dnsserver returned:
Temporary network problem, please retry later
This means that:
 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:43:10 GMT by 66.174.79.233 (squid/2.5.STABLE9)

Hi Nick...

I think you may need to have a serious conversation with your hosting or dedicated server provider...

Steve

Offline onemule

• onemule
  • boulder city and waiting
    • onemule
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »
Sounds like an east coast issue !!  On the west coast i have not run into any problems whatsoever . Sorry you men are having this problem, but im sure  NICK , PHIL, and mak will get it figured out. Good Luck      Randall. South Orange County, Ca.

Ace

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 03:29:37 AM »
Jey guys, here's a problem I am having with this new site and maybe you can help. Some of the replies I am reading are starting at the top and some are starting at the bottom or on the next page even. I think the newest replies should be last so you can scroll to them and catch the ones you may have missed. How can this be changed? Also there was one where a guy posted using really large font and everyone that replied to his post, repeated his post. It took up mega space and caused multiple pages. When replying, isn't there a means of eliminating the original posters post?

I DO find that I don't come to this site as much as the old simpler one though I DO like the owners picture thread the best!

Thanks

Ace

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 03:46:17 AM »
Ace,
I know that when someone replies to a message hitting the QUOTE button, the origional message that is the topic comes with the message!
I did that here. your first problem I will check into. Seems there is a navigation issue! I will test some more. and get back to you.

Nick Badame

Jey guys, here's a problem I am having with this new site and maybe you can help. Some of the replies I am reading are starting at the top and some are starting at the bottom or on the next page even. I think the newest replies should be last so you can scroll to them and catch the ones you may have missed. How can this be changed? Also there was one where a guy posted using really large font and everyone that replied to his post, repeated his post. It took up mega space and caused multiple pages. When replying, isn't there a means of eliminating the original posters post?

I DO find that I don't come to this site as much as the old simpler one though I DO like the owners picture thread the best!

Thanks

Ace

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

Dallas

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 04:59:23 AM »
Ace, and others,
You can always put your cursor after the part that you don't want to show in the reply and just hit the backspace key.
Alternatively, you can highlight the part of the reply you don't want to show and hit the backspace key.
If you don't want to quote the person at all, hit the reply button at the bottom of the page, not the Quote button.
To have the unread posts come up first, someone has said there is a setting in your prefernces panel, I'm not sure, I'll check.
Dallas

Dallas

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 05:06:55 AM »
I just checked and you can go into your profile to the section that says "look and layout", Scroll down until you see, "show new posts first". Click on it, scroll down to "save", click on it, and your done. Now you can go to the main page and try it to see.
That should do it.
Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »
Another sort method is available on the main message board that you arrive at after selecting Click here for quick start.

If you click on the individual headings it will sort the posts in different order, after the sticky posts.
For instance, Subject will sort by alpha order, Started by will sort alphabetically by posters name, Replies and views by numerical order and last post by date posted.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 05:55:24 AM »
Hi Ace,

Looks like some good answers - does that help with the display question you had?  Hopefully making things more convenient.  And more posts from Ace   ;D

Possibly Nick or myself could remove the the gigantic font tags if we see it is causing problems on a particular post - e.g., making a thread difficult to read.  At least on the replies.  That might be an option.  Or if we are notified there is a readability issue.  That way the text could stay, but fonts could shring on replies. 

That's the best I am coming up with early Monday morining.   :)

Hope this helps, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 09:17:57 AM »
Hay Dallas,

I remember that setting, "not" I did that when I first set up account!

Good Job!

and Thank You-

Nick-

Ace

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 02:23:51 PM »
Thanks for all the replies that were very helpful. I went in the profile and changed the setting and now everything seems to be in order where as I can read only what hasn't been read!  There were times I was reading the same thing two and three times and times when I was looking at the same pic two or three times. It got to be annoying to say the least but now it appears to ok! I knew it must have been on my end and haven't tried all the toys yet but I figured it would be faster to just ask!  ;D

Thanks again... Ace

Dallas

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 02:29:58 PM »
See what happens when you play with things you don't understand? LOL!
Dallas

Hay Dallas,

I remember that setting, "not" I did that when I first set up account!

Good Job!

and Thank You-

Nick-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal