Author Topic: Fantastic Vent  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Fantastic Vent
« on: July 12, 2006, 12:50:47 PM »
3 weeks ago, I opened my roof hatch and it slipped out of my hands than crashed onto my open Fantastic Vent stripping out the

crank mech. Than When I picked up the bus from StarJet, they got some overspray on the smoke vent cap.

I went to Camping World, they told me they didn't stock their parts. Humm....     I found Fantastic vents phone #'s and told them what I did,

I asked them if I could purchace the parts from them direct. They said no,[ But we can send them to you FREE]

Wow, What a great Company! sent me the crank parts and a new cap for nothing!!!!! Now Thats Service After The Sale!

Thought I'd pass this along
Nick Badame

Oh, Here is their link  http://www.fantasticvent.com/contact_us/contact_us.html
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
Re: Fantastic Vent
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
I Agree.  I damaged a trim ring installing it, called and owned up to what I did and they send me a new one for free.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
Fantastic Fan has to have the best customer service. When I installed our vent, due to the drop ceiling, the inside trim ring needed to be taller. I call Fantastic and explained the situation. I told them I wanted to order the taller interior trim ring if thay had such an item. He asked how much space I had between the bottom of the fan and the interior ceiling. He said one would be in the mail the nexrt day. I asked if he wanted a credit card number and he replied "there is no chage". WHAT A COMPANY!!  6 years later and our fan still works great. I occasionaly test the rain sensor when I wash the bus by spraying some water on the roof and see if the vent closes. Never a problem.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 02:36:07 PM »
Wow, those are all great stories.  I was recently lamenting that I had bought a different brand of vent, and was not getting that kind of service, but I'm kind of persistent and in the end it all turned out well. It bugs me a bit that I had to resort to my persistent means to get the service I felt I deserved. As you guys, I was willing to pay for the parts, but initially, they told me they wouldn't sell to me.

It seems to me that with the huge RV market and the competition is so fierce for these niche products, that many of these companies are more willing to go our of their way to support their products than other consumer product manufacturers.

In the past year, I've had to deal with 3 or 4 of these issues. Blue Ox and ShurFlo both ended up with positive results, but only after my persistence. Magic Chef and Cobra CB performed with no questions asked, but both were obvious warranty issues. Aquatek was willing to work with me (again, probably a warranty issue), but their tech knew the product so well that he was able to diagnose the probably problem over the phone and explain the repair procedure to me. He was 100% correct.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline larryh

• 4905A-893 P8M
  • ready to run with the big dogs
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:21 PM »
Thw owner and inverter of Fantastic vent told me several years ago before his passing away his company does no advertising in mag's etc but instead the company was built on their fantastic support at no charge for parts or shipping. One hell of a company to do business with I can only hope that whoever takes the reins keeps up the good name and support.

Larry H
Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,

Offline edroelle

• 1998 Royale Prevost
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »
Fantastic Vent has had a rough year in that the 2 originators of the company passed away.

Last week, they convinced me to bring my bus out to their factory so they could correct some concerns I had.  I again was treated amazing.  I did ask the question about any changes in their operation.  The new managers have the same philosophy as the originators.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI

Offline TomC

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Just Emailed Fantastic Fan this morning as to one of my fans squeaking on low.  The said call to determine the right motor and would send me a new motor at no charge.  Will let you know how it turns out.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »
 Yes they are a great company, i had a problem with the rain sensor they replace the hole fan, you can"t beat that. i have two on the bus for 5 years now work great.

Pete
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

Offline Big Tom

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
Ran into Fantastic rep. in RV park where we both were staying.  Told him of minor problems with mine.  He came by, replaced lift motors and the bar on lid that lever arm slides in.  As usual, no charge for anything.

BTW, the new motors are much quieter than the old.  Rep said that after "the fire" in 1997 they had to use a new vendor for the motors until 2001.  His product was noisier, the newer ones are great.

Rep also said the escalating shipping costs on replacement parts are hurting them.  He is afraid they may have to start requesting that we pay postage on them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal