Author Topic: Getting fuel to gen. on 1984 model 10 Eagle  (Read 4209 times)

Offline REVMRCAT

Getting fuel to gen. on 1984 model 10 Eagle
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:20:44 PM »
A friend of mine has a 1984 Model 10 Eagle and is placing his generator in the front baggage compartment. His problem is finding a way to tap into the fuel tank or supply line to get fuel to the generator. The top of the tank is somewhat inaccessable so he needs some advise from those who have encounter this and solved the situation. Anyone got some advise?

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Getting fuel to gen. on 1984 model 10 Eagle
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
Well it's been a long time since I've even been around an Eagle so I ain't really got any easy advice for him on how to do it! But I strongly suggest NOT tapping into the supply line for the engine! It has really been along time for me on an Eagle and I'm try'n to remember if theres an access panel in the floor that would make it possible to go thru, might not get him right over the top fo the tank but maybe close! the other option might be coming up from under the backside of the tank from underneath the bus to access to top of it! What ever he does he needs to be sure and leave his pick up for the generator at least 6" above the bottom of the tank that way the generator does not cause the coach to run out of fuel while boondcking! If the generator won't run because it's not getting fuel, time to head for a fuel stop! At least that is the way most prefer to do it! ;D Knuckle  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal