Author Topic: Tyre protector covers.  (Read 2213 times)

Offline johns4104s

Tyre protector covers.
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »
Who has the best Tyre covers at a reasnoable price ?
Looks like we may be here in Phoenix another 2 weeks and may come back for another month in October.

I need to cover these tyres

John

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
Re: Tyre protector covers.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
John,

We bought ours on eBay, I'll have to look it up to give you more information. They are white and cover the tire to the ground. I did have to install some grommets at the bottom corners and use a bungee cord wrapped around the bottom or the tires to keep them from getting blown off during the times of our famous Texas wind.

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »
John, when you come back in OCT go to Quartzsite and there is a outfit there that makes the covers.
If you are leaving in 2 weeks don't worry about it but if you do just drive the bus on a short trip tires like to move.
Michlens are the only tires that will give you problems here with checking in a short period of time from the heat and sun.
I have 6 covers (white) in the shop that I never used a waste of money to me. 
Covers don't stop tires from checking in my opinion it is from non use fwiw  

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:50:20 AM »
What exactly is 'checking'?

I'm sure there is no need for tyre covers here, but I have vaguely wondered about making a full-length 'skirt' for the bus as a finishing touch when camping.

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 05:01:02 AM »
Jeremy, some RV resorts and parks here require skirting for extended setups and stays common on a fifth wheel setup just a cosmetic look but some argue it helps with cooling and heating.
Checking or dry rot cracks on tires are caused by the weather and setting to me tires don't get anymore UV's setting as rolling and tires are a lot happier rolling kinda like keeping the old heart pumping. 

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline johns4104s

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 06:45:14 AM »
Jeremy,

The building behind the trailer looks like a cafe I know across from York Cathedral?

John

Airbag

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »
John
I am down here in Marana and have an extra set if you want them. I think I bought them thru Camping World. The sun is brutal here. You can hear the tires cracking  ;D

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 07:50:39 AM »
Jeremy,

The building behind the trailer looks like a cafe I know across from York Cathedral?

John

John:

Could be, I don't know. I'm not very familiar with York despite living most of my life in Yorkshire.

I got the photo from the website of Vipex (VIP Exhibitions), who are based on an industrial estate less than a mile from where I live.

http://www.vipex.co.uk/index.htm

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal