Author Topic: hobby  (Read 10047 times)

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
hobby
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »
 I was just wodering if any body else has another hobby besides buses?
I collect old records and tapes, cds. I've been collector since 1949, it's been keeping me pretty busy all the time, inbetween the bus and the Records.

Pete
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

Dallas

Re: hobby
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 09:16:48 AM »
 I was just wodering if any body else has another hobby besides buses?
I collect old records and tapes, cds. I've been collector since 1949, it's been keeping me pretty busy all the time, inbetween the bus and the Records.

Pete,

I collect lots of stuf besides buses. For example, I collect fleas and dust, and maybe the occasional tick or two.
But all fun aside, I collect bus toys, Hound and Trailways stuff, and I also collect Fenton Glass, Art glass, and Uranium glass.

Plus, I collect old wood planes, which I just started doing. At this point I have 5 planes including one from 1770 that is a filitser plane with an almost perfect iron in it.

Dallas

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »
I do glass engraving, mostly wedding flutes, beer mugs and a few glass awards. It's just a hobby but will buy a tank of fuel now and then.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline steamguy56

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 01:33:47 PM »
I collect old cast iron..from my earliest steam engine 1891 to the 1940's tractors ...all sorts of stuff.
I think sometimes it was me,they were talking about when they coined the frase one mans junk anothers treasure.
In other circles I'm deemed the prospector
Now its all about the BUS     Danny

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »
I like to take photos and videos of our bus travels, and write long-winded descriptions for family and friends.

Our Western Adventure 2005 Scrapbook
Western Adventure - Video Teaser
Texas 2005
Iowa 2005
Spring Break Galveston 2006
Colorado Springs 2006

I'm also on the Creative Arts team at our church and help co-write, produce, and edit video shorts for worship:
Prize Platoon (Grace Series)
Shepherds (Christmas 2005)
own-the-world.com (Con$umed Series)
The Broom (Con$umed Series)

Enjoy,
Brian Brown
4108-216
Longmont, CO

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »
Well, I like to pick bluegrass with some or the guys around home.  Since a trip out west two years ago, I have fallen in love with the Native American Flute (I have about 8 of them now).  Drawing and painting is another thing that just helps me to relax.

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »
It seems like I like to collect projects that I never get to. Otherwise I enjoy being a Dad most of all. With six children (three of each), I get to do all sorts of neat things. Dollhouses, model trains, chess, video games, and the list goes on and on. My oldest is 15 and the youngest is three. I was telling my wife the other day that even as hectic as things are for us these are the best of times. One day I will miss all of the commotion and the patter of little feet. I will have to look forward to grand parenting.
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline bigtim44

• Red buses go faster!
    • big red bus conversion
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »
I am into building hotrods and land speed racing ,currently race a 1930 model A 2 door sedan at Bonneville.Here's some pics from last August http://groups.msn.com/Cadillac500. i am currently building a custom 1956 Caddy Coop de ville with a 500ci caddy motor for my wife.I have a black and flames 1970 coop de ville aswell.Then there's my 1994 chevy truck that I put in a cummins turbo diesel .I guess I'm an all round gearhead ;D
Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 05:21:15 AM »
Just about anything that I can make or do with my hands.

My main hobbies are stained glass, tile mosaics, leather work, custom fishing rods, and most recently I've been getting heavily into pottery. Mostly,
though, I'm a tinkerer (not a tinker, yet) and experimenter. I'm also a decent welder and a fair mechanic. My biggest assets, though, are that I generally know my boundaries and limitations, and can learn new skills quickly.

The bus is somewhat of a conglomeration of all my skills and hobbies. It gives me a chance to apply all the things I've learned and skills I've acquired over the years, and provides an outlet for some of my pent up energy. Eventually I'll have stained glass ceilings and window applications, and tooled leather panels on the console and dash. I've already done some of the mosaics in the shower. I'm considering doing some hand made tiles for the bathroom and/or kitchen areas.

Hoping to eventually learn relief wood carving which I can use in the bus, too. I have also been thinking of getting into hot glass work.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline busguy01

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 05:32:57 AM »
Hobbies besides buses??? Well I guess I'm not alone. Besides a finished bus and a MCI EL3 I am putting slide outs in -- Rebuild and collect cars and off hand glass blowing. Good thing I'm retired or I wouldn't have time to work.
Started with nothing - still have most of it left!
1963 Eagle 01 with Detroit 60 series done (Gone-sold!)
MCI EL3 in progress. raised roof & Slides
2009 Revolution 42 Sticks and staple
Summer - Yankton, South Dakota
Winter- Sebastian, Florida

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 07:02:08 AM »
I play guitar a little, but my real passion was designing and building boats.  I designed half a dozen and built 3 before I decided that boatbuilding was basically a solitary pursuit – nobody joined me in the shop, but the bussin’ thing was something everybody could join in.  With my kids getting older, I wanted to get in some good times with them before it was too late, so I got the bus.

Hey Dallas, my house is 8 miles from Fenton.  If you come this way shoot me an E and we’ll have a beer.

Casper
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Dallas

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:42 AM »
I play guitar a little, but my real passion was designing and building boats.  I designed half a dozen and built 3 before I decided that boatbuilding was basically a solitary pursuit – nobody joined me in the shop, but the bussin’ thing was something everybody could join in.  With my kids getting older, I wanted to get in some good times with them before it was too late, so I got the bus.

Hey Dallas, my house is 8 miles from Fenton.  If you come this way shoot me an E and we’ll have a beer.

Casper

We'll be sure to do that Casper!
Cat keeps talking about going up that way, now if she could get the time off to do it!

Dallas

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »
Hi

One of My Other Hobbies --> collecting Vintage Diving Equipement

Pete RTS/Daytona

P.S. and they are still are useable / diveable
If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Dallas

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 01:37:07 PM »
Cool Pete!
Show us some more of the diving stuff.

I use to dive back in my younger years, but wives and kids seemed to get in the way.
The wives always hollered when I wanted to take the kids down for a free dive while I was wearing scuba.

Hey!
I did put inflatable bags on them so that when we were at 110' or so and they ran out of air, I could send them right back to the surface.... really Quick!

Dallas

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 01:43:16 PM »
Pete,
   WOW!  I used to have one of those Dacor double hose regulators. Sure could get a lot of volume through one of those, especially if you were on your back so that the regulator was at a slightly lower pressure than you lungs.  We kept it on display when we had our dive shop and let it go along with several other "old diving memorbilia" when we sold the business.  Have you ever done any hard hat diving?  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal