Author Topic: Northern Minnesota Campout for Bus Nuts (all are invited)  (Read 27109 times)

Offline RickB

• 81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754
Re: Northern Minnesota Campout for Bus Nuts (all are invited)
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:06 AM »
We were sad to come home, jealous of Sam and his 8v92, full of chicken, half full of rasberry wine (just kiddin'), all of us in the Barron clan are thinkin we had a great time making great memories with Y'all.

Still kinda mad at Brian Diehl for telling us all his MPG on the way to camp. 10 or 11 Whassup with that???  I'm thinkin we should do a steroid test on hic Cummins ISC!!!!LOL.

Lookin forward to when we're all together again and tomorrow wouldn't be too soon.

Craig's beer butt chicken was all it was "cracked" up to be!   (sorry i couldn't resist)

Serious thanks go out to John and Debbie for making the suggestion for those of us that couldn't make the long trek to Tennessee why not get together in our neck of the woods.

Mucho grande love to all who were in attendance from:

Grace, Sam, Lea, Rick and Nicah (our dog) Barron    'til next year, may you all be happy and healthy, and driving your bus with a perpetual tailwind....  God Bless
I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »
Tooo many bad pumpkins for pictures????????????
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline Sam 4106

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »
Hi All,
Charlet and I also had a great time at the rally. Thanks to the hosts, all the cooks for wonderful food, the attendees for showing their buses, and all the children for being so well behaved. I really enjoy the small rallies more than the big ones because you get to visit with everyone. We met a lot of new people and everyone made us feel very welcome.
Thanks again everyone, Sam Sperbeck
PS: Rick, I may have to stock up on bibs to pass out so you won't drool all over our 8V92TA next time.
1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2009, 03:21:16 AM »
Hi All,
Charlet and I also had a great time at the rally. Thanks to the hosts, all the cooks for wonderful food, the attendees for showing their buses, and all the children for being so well behaved. I really enjoy the small rallies more than the big ones because you get to visit with everyone. We met a lot of new people and everyone made us feel very welcome.
Thanks again everyone, Sam Sperbeck
PS: Rick, I may have to stock up on bibs to pass out so you won't drool all over our 8V92TA next time.

Yeah, you could have spit shined that 8V92. Heck, I think you could have spit shined your entire bus!

Sam, I was so glad to see you guys there, and just thrilled when I saw your new toy and heard the story. Thanks for coming, and make sure you put it on your calendar for next year. Also, the gathering at Devin and Amy's in Bemidji is usually the last weekend in July.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Fredward

• 2000 Country Coach Magna (not a bus)
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
OK you guys. So we were over in Bayfield, WI area and it was nice there too. But there was only one other bus in "our" group and it is a schoolie. So that was pretty good. We'll have to see if we can change our arrangement in order to be at James Cooke state park instead. Sounds like the kind of great time that I could enjoy. And how convenient to have a world class bus rally right here in in Minnesnowta!!

Sorry we missed you all and heres hoping for better planning on our part next September.

Fred
Fred Thomson

Offline Me Too!

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »
We had such a great time last weekend.  It was fun to see all the buses, meet new friends and catch up with friends from last year.  The only pictures we took were at the campfire on Saturday when Rick was singing and playing the guitar (it was awesome)!  Kudos to John and Debbie for their outstanding planning capabilities we can't wait until next year!

Don and Sue
Don and Sue Skarman
Duluth, MN
4151 GM Silversides

Offline Me Too!

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »
2 more pictures
Don and Sue Skarman
Duluth, MN
4151 GM Silversides

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2009, 05:31:07 AM »
I got this today. Now I understand!!

John, you and I were having a stroke on Friday night!!!
Everyone missed the signs!  Rick even left when we started slurring our sentences.

We're lucky we made it through that. No wonder I had a headache the next morning. It wasn't the leaking protons
after all!

==================================================

INFORMATION EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW...........................
 Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a

Fourth Indicator, the Tongue

I will continue to forward this every time it comes around!

STROKE:Remember the 1st Three Letters....ST.R.

My nurse friend sent this and encouraged me to post it and spread the word.
I agree.

If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
Seriously..

Please read:

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

During a BBQ, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) .she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening

Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today. Some don't die. they end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this...

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally . He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR . Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e.. It is sunny out today.)
R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue.. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other, that is also an indication of a stroke.
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline John Z

• 1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota
  • "Tubby"
    • Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »
Hey Gump, i am not sure about the stroke theory, cuz although some of our words got slurred, i seem to remember you were smiling a whole lot! I still give credence to the sitting by the open bay door wich focused the stray protons right into the old head. But it will be a good topic for next year. Who knows whos turn it will be to wear the pumplin hat then?

Hey guys, it sure is nice to see "Me Too!" on the board! Welcome.

I am up in the Red River Valley driving for the beet harvest, but so far, we have only been able to dig one day. Rain has had us sitting for the last two days. This year our shift starts at 2 in the afternoon, so maybe we can get to work today. I sure am enjoying the memories of the rally... well not so much Saturday morning, but all the rest! Next years rally can't some soon enough for me!
Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"

Offline Debbie

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:47 PM »
I promise....

photos are coming... I didn't forget...
me and computers....grrrr...
Deb

Offline Debbie

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
FINALLY
AS I'VE PROMISED

sorry it took so long to get on here...
Im already looking forward to our next get together!!

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2009, 05:36:53 AM »
FINALLY
AS I'VE PROMISED

sorry it took so long to get on here...
Im already looking forward to our next get together!!

Nice pics! Thanks for the time it took to do them!
I know it is hard to find time to take them, then to remember who/what and tag them as posting them!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:55 AM »
Thanks, Debbie.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline Van

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2009, 06:22:38 AM »
Thanks Deb,simple marvelous pics :),Good job!
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Fredward

• 2000 Country Coach Magna (not a bus)
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
Well now that I've seen photographic evidence, I'll have to see what can be done to move our Bayfield weekend. We have been going to Bayfield the last weekend in September for five years. Two of us with busses and two with trailers. Now we'll have my MCI and Troy's Eagle so there might be something to negotiate.

How about trying Bayfield next year?

Fred
Fred Thomson

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal